Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Road trip - Zurich (Switzerland) to St Anton (Austria)

Options
  • 22-07-2019 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

hi All,

I will be renting a car and travelling from Zurich airport to St Anton in Austria.

For those of you who have completed this journey, or know the area, can I ask you to provide some tips please?

For road tolls, do they accept payment by card?

Is it easy enough to find the motorway to Austria, from Zurich airport?

Does this route involve driving through tunnels and/or mountainous regions? I assume the roads will be excellent, but I will have a nervous passenger with me!

Any advice in general would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I can't advise on a route. ViaMichelin.com will help though. Roads will indeed be excellent.
    To use m-ways and some A roads Switz. operates an annual vignette system. I'm guessing included with the hire. It's a sticker on the windscreen.
    Austrian motorways also require a vignette for m-ways only but it's available for shorter periods, purchased at most petrol stations.
    Additional tolls for tunnels apply. I only remember paying cash.
    Driving scenic mtn routes is a main attraction. Get some novocain for your passenger or leave 'em lakeside for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the-island-man

I can't give any advice on the roads but if you are looking to see something scenic you might want to take a detour through Appenzell Innerhoden.

Check out the town Appenzell, Berggasthaus Äscher and Säntis.

The old town in Sankt Gallen is also quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Meursault

Thanks for the advice All.

Advertisement