Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish bloggers..the truth coming out

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I know one influencer and all she talks about is her fanny, period's, and anxiety.

Then she's constantly at that third wave femminism shoite, been through 4 very good men in the last 6 years...

Left a friend of mine for a bikini photographer and he bought them a house in the south of England.
    A cuck hold crossed with a white knight.

Little doe's he realise he's going to be left in the sh1t if he disagrees with her over something thrivial.
    She's an absolute narcissist, they all call themselves empaths FFS empaths and narcisissim go hand in hand... absolute nutter's.

These people are very transient too, never happy or settled...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Omackeral wrote: »
    JohnnyFlash just loves saying ''angry men'' over and over again and has a little tickle in his belly when EmmetSpiceland thanks it, which is always.

It's a gimmick at this stage.

Listen 'dude', the guy is a totes ledgebag. Don't go spoiling the fact that his misandry is like, totes out of control, y'know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    There is no issue if it was stated as being a sponsored post which it wasn't.

Otherwise the whole thing is disengenious off the back of a very serious topical item.

Thats the issue.

I presume anyone with an IQ above 70 realise that advertising is what the internet is built upon? Like I watch golf videos on YouTube. I’m under no illusion that when a guy praises a new club or course then he’s being paid well for it.

Most of the heat thrown at people who’ve built a personal brand on the internet comes about due to jealousy and anger. For example, most of the abuse thrown at comedians comes from angry and resentful men who think they themselves are hilarious. That doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny of course, and deep down they know that themselves.

Presume most of the abuse aimed at these blogger people is from people who either failed at blogging themselves, or who are just so used to anger as an emotion that they find anything else uncomfortable and unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ya think? It's hard to believe half the posts here are in any way serious, and the rest of us are just as bad engaging with it...
    Boards would die without it though.

Nothing like a gender war or left -V- right to boil the blood. When the multiqouters arrive it's time to abandon ship.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The only person with an "agenda" is you following up all of my posts with some sly comment. Dont like what you see, buster? The truth hurts. ;)

Okay, show he where someone said “it’s fine for a man to hold multiple interests” please.

• Advertisement

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Listen 'dude', the guy is a totes ledgebag. Don't go spoiling the fact that his misandry is like, totes out of control, y'know.

Fecker probably wears those ‘dubes’ shoes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Boards would die without it though.

Nothing like a gender war or left -V- right to boil the blood. When the multiqouters arrive it's time to abandon ship.

:D

Lol I love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

I presume anyone with an IQ above 70 realise that advertising is what the internet is built upon? Like I watch golf videos on YouTube. I’m under no illusion that when a guy praises a new club or course then he’s being paid well for it.

Most of the heat thrown at people who’ve built a personal brand on the internet comes about due to jealousy and anger. For example, most of the abuse thrown at comedians comes from angry and resentful men who think they themselves are hilarious. That doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny of course, and deep down they know that themselves.

Presume most of the abuse aimed at these blogger people is from people who either failed at blogging themselves, or who are just so used to anger as an emotion that they find anything else uncomfortable and unusual.
    It's definitely a cross between jealousy at inventing any creative enterprises themselves, raging against smart, confident, enterprising, beautiful women and frustration at being failures in their own lives.

Okay, show he where someone said “it’s fine for a man to hold multiple interests” please.
    You have a request? Call a radio station, bucko. I'm reading between the lines here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Fecker probably wears those ‘dubes’ shoes.

The same ones you, yourself, wore for a time, R?

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement

The same ones you, yourself, wore for a time, R?

Wore them once, E, more than 20 years ago. Still regret it to this day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Apples and oranges the golf comparison for a multitude of reasons. I don't see anything morally wrong there. Far different target audience.

Now if it was a mental health video and the guy finished off by advertising membership to a high end golf club with a phone number along the bottom of the screen for an immediate over the phone sign up. That would be an issue.

You have a request? Call a radio station, bucko. I'm reading between the lines here.

So you aren’t prepared to back up your bullsh1t. Disappointing but not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I wouldn’t know the name of one of them either. There seems to be men who follow bloggers, Instagram influencers, and twitter personalities they absolutely despise just so they can be angry about what they are getting up to. Fricking weird behaviour. Go read a book or something, dudes.

Why do you hate men?

So you aren’t prepared to back up your bullsh1t. Disappointing but not surprising.

Ah man....look at the post count.... Look at the obviously antagonistic language.

Don't bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rothko wrote: »
    Why do you hate men?

Because they're angry and resentful, dude.

Thanked by EmmetSpiceland

You seem threatened. A woman has challenged your views? She must be "bull****ting." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

People really do hate seeing others getting things for free. I get that “influencers” can be annoying but they are easily avoided.

We’re not short on begrudgery in this country, that’s for bloody sure!!

See the problem is idiots who believe what influencers and the like say/promote and being too dumb to realise its because they are getting paid or getting a freebie.

People expecting free stuff for an Instagram post need a bullet.

Ah man....look at the post count.... Look at the obviously antagonistic language.

Don't bite.

I know. Obvious t***l.

See the problem is idiots who believe what influencers and the like say/promote and being too dumb to realise its because they are getting paid or getting a freebie.

People expecting free stuff for an Instagram post need a bullet.
    If they're not getting paid by Instragram then they have every right to get "freebies."

Without their content Instragram is nothing and the only reason these companies are putting their stuff is to advertise. So the companies get to advertise for free and Instragram get free content to profit off and the content creators get nothing? That's nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Wore them once, E, more than 20 years ago. Still regret it to this day.

Only once? A terrible “waste” of some, quality, footwear, R.

And the chinos? Did you keep them, at least?

The tide is turning…

Only once? A terrible “waste” of some, quality, footwear, R.

And the chinos? Did you keep them, at least?

A moment of madness, E. Yes the chinos are still a firm favourite. Navy only though.

I thought Instagram was just for sexy babes to flaunt their bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

If someone is jealous of a blogger, jealousy is the least of their problems.

Indeed. I’d rather pull my fingernails off with a rusty pliers than be an influencer.
    touts wrote: »
    I've met a few "influencers" in the past. Most are not very nice individuals mainly because they believe their own PR. But I actually feel sorry for them. Bar one or two most have zero knowlege of the real world and are not employable once their influencer days are past. One or two will make a go of it in PR or marketing etc but the rest are functionally useless.

Every influencer has a selling point. If there’s an expiry date to that selling point, they really need to have a backup plan and I’m not sure they all do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Not in my experience. As a man, I rarely ever hear other men critiquing women. Most don't pass any remarks.

Anytime I'm with women though, it's a massive bitch-fest about surrounding women, including people who are (apparently) friends of the person giving out about them. It's 99% of the time, in my experience, women mocking other women.

Bullsheet. Men are well able to bitch. It doesn’t seem to get called that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I was reading something earlier, maybe from the white moose cafe that was exposing ones just back from red light countrys and out shopping. No quarantining.
    I heard this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Bullsheet. Men are well able to bitch. It doesn’t seem to get called that though.
    In fairness there IS something about the beauty community though..which is like 90% female.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Theres time spent photoshopping too

Come on?They at best using basic filter apps and if they do basic Photoshop I doubt it they need to get the photos out fast...but they are living real humble lives ain't they...must show that in the real photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

I will admit when I was on social media (Does Boards count?) I used to follow a well known Irish blogger. Looking back now I've no idea why as I used to be so embarrassed for them because they would go to extremes trying to post things. Advertisements the lot.

Now, on tattle life, turns out they've have now removed themselves from all social media platforms and from what I know, that was the source of income. Stupid if you ask me.

If you're going to put your life online, negativity comes with it unfortunately. No one ask for it personally but to use it and have no other means of income, that's sad in my opinion. Mind you, the people on tattle life are brutal and will attack left right and center so I steer away from it and look at the odd updates if I'm feeling nosey but I can see why this person deleted all social media's.

There's one family that moved to England. Jesus they are having an awful time online with who they claim are trolls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Febreeze wrote: »
    I will admit when I was on social media (Does Boards count?) I used to follow a well known Irish blogger. Looking back now I've no idea why as I used to be so embarrassed for them because they would go to extremes trying to post things. Advertisements the lot.

Now, on tattle life, turns out they've have now removed themselves from all social media platforms and from what I know, that was the source of income. Stupid if you ask me.

If you're going to put your life online, negativity comes with it unfortunately. No one ask for it personally but to use it and have no other means of income, that's sad in my opinion. Mind you, the people on tattle life are brutal and will attack left right and center so I steer away from it and look at the odd updates if I'm feeling nosey but I can see why this person deleted all social media's.

There's one family that moved to England. Jesus they are having an awful time online with who they claim are trolls

I'd class boards as a form of social media, other forms seem really bizzare to me, humans tend to behave oddly on them

Advertisement