Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭thomil

Just got home from work. Last day tomorrow. Cleared out my desk today. I have to say it feels bloody weird. Spent three good years there.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

It's been a lovely patchy cloudy/sunny day here and warm too. Tidying up a few bits and moving fences, leaving everything handy for the young lad while I'm away, he should have not much to do but gawk at the cattle for the weekend.
    I'm leaving him the jeep, god help it, while I'm away, it passed the test the other day so at least he has a roadworthy vehicle.
    Feeling much looser today with my back, I should be fit to boogie the weekend away, :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm just back from paying a deposit on a college course for September. I'm 42, I haven't been in a classroom in 20 years, I'm still working full time and I have kids. I have no idea how I'm going to make it all work but I'm very excited!!

Good luck!

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Thank god for nap time !
    Kitchen side kettle on

I’d love a nap!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Airside (#5)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

University Library

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I'm just back from paying a deposit on a college course for September. I'm 42, I haven't been in a classroom in 20 years, I'm still working full time and I have kids. I have no idea how I'm going to make it all work but I'm very excited!!

Best of luck to you, you’ll do great!

Having a coffee after having a look around the local car dealerships. Just to remind myself there’s no chance of a new car in the near future, and to stop myself getting notions above my station :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home now and about to throw myself into some manual labor. After a day looking at computer screens and talking to muppets it’s the perfect way to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The best of luck with the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Wondering how Harleen is doing .

Kitchen , wondering where to start ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Heading to the bookstore :D it's gonna end up bad for my wallet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Going to take a stroll around the garden, as it has turned in to a pleasant sunny evening, then a quick shower and settle down for Big Bang/Young Sheldon night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Back from a run. It was quite nice out.

Now deskside.

Chillin. Hen this weekend ... God help me! I’m too old for this!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On the DART to Blackrock to a meeting with my psychologist. Nice evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

TV-side.

Kevin watching

0lddog wrote: »
    TV-side.

Kevin watching

STOP! ... watching recent episode ... be still my beating heart!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Walked down town earlier to post some work related stuff before the 5pm deadline. A nice evening for a stroll. Before that I made little G her dinner and left Mrs Gs partly ready with instructions on Air Fryer times for the massive meatballs. Decided to have a few early pints. Got into the most interesting chat I've had in real life for a long long time with a lovely person who wasn't even drinking. So refreshing for me as I rarely have chats like it anymore. I love a bit of intellectual chat devoid of BS. Got home an hour ago, but getting grief from Mrs G. I'm on the ignore list at the moment. Not good. You'd swear I'd been on the booze all day with no food in the house.:rolleyes:

Is there any truth in the concept that sometimes you can do too much??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watching Band Of Brothers. Lord, but it's a powerful series and interesting to google some of the characters to see what some many of them achieved after the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Great series surely Srameen.
    Getting set to watch the Mr Moonlight murder expose on prime time have a beer to sip on as well.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Walked down town earlier to post some work related stuff before the 5pm deadline. A nice evening for a stroll. Before that I made little G her dinner and left Mrs Gs partly ready with instructions on Air Fryer times for the massive meatballs. Decided to have a few early pints. Got into the most interesting chat I've had in real life for a long long time with a lovely person who wasn't even drinking. So refreshing for me as I rarely have chats like it anymore. I love a bit of intellectual chat devoid of BS. Got home an hour ago, but getting grief from Mrs G. I'm on the ignore list at the moment. Not good. You'd swear I'd been on the booze all day with no food in the house.:rolleyes:

Is there any truth in the concept that sometimes you can do too much??

Your last line - yes there is G .

Glad you enjoyed the break for a bit and the chat though :)

On the couch, watching the Arsenal game. Feeling better than I was earlier, looking forward to a shower to fully sort me out

Great series surely Srameen.
    Getting set to watch the Mr Moonlight murder expose on prime time have a beer to sip on as well.

Mam is addicted to it!!!

honeybear wrote: »
    Mam is addicted to it!!!

Geez no , not addicted !

There are no winners in cases like this , just families torn apart and left heartbroken .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Just in the door after meeting my sister and the pup for a walk. The pup was being a feral little gremlin and my sister has a training technique of turning round and going the opposite way when she charges off and pulls like a train so we were hours walking backwards and forwards!! :pac:

Feel properly wrecked now, physically rather than just mentally. Bodes well for a good sleep tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

In the year 2525!! Goodnight all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Fell asleep at 7pm woke at 10 so probably awake for the night now.

No more Serial Killer docs though- watched the whole netflix ted bundy thing last night and it has unnerved me somewhat.

In bed listening to music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    In bed listening to music.

read that and turned on Sister Sledge's Lost in Music! D I S C O!

• Advertisement

Hotel side - home tomorrow can't wait!!! These days New York (or New Yorkers really) exhaust me. I keep wanting to tell people to just relax a bit :o So much fun to visit but how can people actually live here?

Meanwhile, instead of packing or sleeping or doing anything cultural I'm panic watching US Netflix! All 11 seasons of Frasier. And all 11 seasons of Cheers. Classics

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement