Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No Time to Die **Spoilers from post #1449 onward**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Why do so many franchises these days give away so much in the trailers?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Why do so many franchises these days give away so much in the trailers?
    Usually a sign that the film is crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

is_that_so wrote: »
    Usually a sign that the film is crap!

First trailer is 2 mins 37 secs.

Sure by the time it's released you won't need to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I thought it looked potentially interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Trailer looks amazing, the Aston Martin was so cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muller1991

Anyone thinking that Rami Maleks Character may be Dr.No ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Muller1991 wrote: »

I think you are right!
    Scarred face and heavy use of the colour white. Screams modern Do No.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Interesting theory. Do his hands in the gloves look like they could be prosthetic?

Dr No was supposed to be Asian even though the actor wasn't - so that would be consistent. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muller1991

I think you are right!
    Scarred face and heavy use of the colour white. Screams modern Do No.

Yea thats exactly what I was thinking, There was also a part of the trailer that resembled the lab/lair that Dr.No had in the original film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Muller1991 wrote: »

I was thinking he'll turn out to be Madeline Swann's brother, therefore Bond's brother-in-law assuming they're married.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Dades wrote: »
    Interesting theory. Do his hands in the gloves look like they could be prosthetic?

Dr No was supposed to be Asian even though the actor wasn't - so that would be consistent. ;)

right, so it turns out Le Chiffre was actually working for Blofeld, who was actually working for Dr. No.

Presumably in the next movie we'll find out they're all really working for Max Zorin...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭buried

Definitely Dr.No.

Sure the name is in the films title.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Actually just watched the trailer, looks pretty good ...might even go to the cine for it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Cant say it excited me, I’d be more interested in the next Mission Impossible than this

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Definitely Craigs last Bond ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Definitely Craigs last Bond ?

Given what he has said over the years and his age. Definitely his last Bond. He was also attached to be in a big budgeted tv show but decided (money lol) to take this Bond. So his future after Bond was being laid out.

Edit
    old article https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/daniel-craig/38955/daniel-craig-rumoured-to-quit-007-signs-up-for-new-tv-series
    Show is in doubt now. But it does showed he does want to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I wonder when they'll announce the next actor - the last couple of times the series has been on hiatus prior to the new guy coming in, but given there's already been a long gap since the last film you'd imagine they'll want to crack on with the next one after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Given what he has said over the years and his age. Definitely his last Bond. He was also attached to be in a big budgeted tv show but decided (money lol) to take this Bond. So his future after Bond was being laid out.

Edit
    old article https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/daniel-craig/38955/daniel-craig-rumoured-to-quit-007-signs-up-for-new-tv-series
    Show is in doubt now. But it does showed he does want to get out.

It might be Craigs last Bond. It might not. Either way, you can't take anything he says regarding it seriously. After every movie he claims he's done and will never play the character again. That filming it is awful and that hes bored....and then they pay him an obscene amount of money and he's back on tv claiming its amazing and the next one is the best one yet.

It's an effective negotiating tactic and it's definitely intentional. He's had plenty of opportunities to leave the franchise and hasn't because as much as parts of it annoy him.....the worldwide fame and the money makes it worth it.

I'd wager if the movie makes two billion quid or close he'll be back for another Bond even if they have to give him a wheelchair. Which they likely wont. He's not THAT old and he's in great shape. Besides they have great stuntmen/CGI tech anyway to substitute him out for the things he can't do anymore.

loyatemu wrote: »
    right, so it turns out Le Chiffre was actually working for Blofeld, who was actually working for Dr. No.

Presumably in the next movie we'll find out they're all really working for Max Zorin...
    I'm onboard for that. :)

qr6EeMk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The trailer is just Quantum of Solace Ep. 3, as expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I'm onboard for that. :)

qr6EeMk.png

I will always maintain A View To A Kill is an underrated gem.

MillField wrote: »

A great Bond, with the absolute Best Bond Roger Moore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

Yeah I can deal with A View to a Kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

And teaches a great survival tip, if you are ever in a car under water and can’t get to the surface, use the car wheels for air.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Underrated, but like The Irishman, suffers from its lead looking far too old; just checking now, and Moore was 57, looking every year of that - plus a few extra. The opening segment was a bit goofy, but the rest of film a decent thriller, with a fabulously grandiose last act at the Golden Gate Bridge.

Oh and the theme song was pretty great too.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Underrated, but like The Irishman, suffers from its lead looking far too old; just checking now, and Moore was 57, looking every year of that.
    That's probably what keeps it down towards the bottom of a lot of lists, alright.

But it's a hell of a lot more fun than Spectre!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

That's probably what keeps it down towards the bottom of a lot of lists, alright.

But it's a hell of a lot more fun than Spectre!
    I've had ESB bills more fun than Spectre. It even contains the most soporific car chase I've ever seen, which actually pauses in the middle for exposition, and ends with Bond just giving up and ejecting. I'm convinced it must have been choreographed by Jarno Truli. It's set in a beautiful location, and the lighting brings out the best in it, but it's just dull.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just watching that car chase from the above post, and what struck me most was how flat Craig's line readings were throughout; I know he has been quite public about never playing Bond again, and it certainly shows - at least going by that clip. A very phoned in performance, compared with the obvious good time he was having during Knives Out (for comparison)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

mikhail wrote: »
    I've had ESB bills more fun than Spectre. It even contains the most soporific car chase I've ever seen, which actually pauses in the middle for exposition, and ends with Bond just giving up and ejecting. I'm convinced it must have been choreographed by Jarno Truli. It's set in a beautiful location, and the lighting brings out the best in it, but it's just dull.

God that chase. What a bore. The city looked like it was closed down for production.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

pixelburp wrote: »
    A very phoned in performance, compared with the obvious good time he was having during Knives Out (for comparison)

Craig tries too hard to look tough as Bond.
    Constantly poefaced and rarely smiles ,its not very convincing.

I much prefer Daltons portrayal of Bond,he could combine the hardness and the softness .
    He was very charming when he needed to be unlike Craig.

Advertisement