Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Late Late Show - 18th May 2012

Options
  • 17-05-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71,618 ✭✭✭✭

'Britain's Got Talent' finalist Ryan O' Shaughnessy!

Scottish stand-up comedian Kevin Bridges!

Openly gay Catholic Priest, Fr Bernard Lynch, talks to Ryan about his 14 year marriage to Billy Desmond

Love's Last Gift author, Bebhinn Ramsay, tells Ryan about then untimely death of her husband Alastair and her subsequent journey to find peace and acceptance

Irish Goalkeeper Shay Given!

Shane and Sharon Horgan!

Music from Mary Coughlan and The Club!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Openly gay Catholic Priest, Fr Bernard Lynch, talks to Ryan about his 14 year marriage to Billy Desmond

Love's Last Gift author, Bebhinn Ramsay, tells Ryan about the untimely death of her husband Alastair and her subsequent journey to find peace and acceptance

Shane and Sharon Horgan!

That's "Misery Corner" sorted then...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

kevin bridges!
    excellent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the late late priest and f**ing misery show....

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sharon Horgan has a new sitcom on BBC starting soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I had this set aside for tomorrow night.
    When herself asked me for a hot one, I thought she was calling me !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPmdhx8zsfM5sCNIBCyAqcAkDBtQT9gulqB22OptZbQonIvTMI

But after looking at that line up, I feel like tucking into it now.

I might save a drop for Mary Coughlan though in the hope that its the blues singer and not the Fianna Fáil stand up comediene !

The latter would just drink it all. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

A openly gay catholic priest? I wonder what he is going to be like.

The sports stars like Given and Horgan (and his wife who I have never seen) will be interesting to watch.

Ryan O'Shaughnessy will be probably up first IMO. The reaction of him ending up in fifth after being defeated by a woman and her dog could be one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

The sports stars like Given and Horgan (and his wife who I have never seen) will be interesting to watch.

sharon horgan is his sister. she's pretty big in the UK, has presented have i got news for you once, and is in a few comedy shows.

sharon horgan is his sister. she's pretty big in the UK, has presented have i got news for you once, and is in a few comedy shows.

:o Oh. My bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Gay priest fearful ahead of memoirs publication

By Nick Bramhill

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A priest fears he will be defrocked after his explosive memoirs, containing intimate details of a 14-year marriage to another gay man, are published next month.
    Fr Bernard Lynch, who is openly gay and thinks gay priests make up 50% of the Catholic clergy, discloses for the first time his relationship with fellow Irishman Billy Desmond in his forthcoming autobiography.

The 64-year-old from Ennis, Co Clare, has been at loggerheads with Vatican superiors since the 1980s when he became one of the first Catholic clerics to give his public support to people dying from Aids-related illnesses.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/gay-priest-fearful-ahead-of-memoirs-publication-190013.html#ixzz1vAUC8XBl

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Shay Given. That's about it!! Awful awful line up. At least they have a comedian on. They should try to get a comedian on every week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

No way!!! I was in the year ahead of her in school!! Love her comedy, she's very funny! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Cant believe no thread is up,things must be bad
    Anyway here is a few guests.

'Britain's Got Talent' finalist Ryan O' Shaughnessy,
    Scottish stand-up comedian Kevin Bridges,
    Openly gay Catholic Priest, Fr Bernard Lynch,
    Love's Last Gift author, Bebhinn RamsayIrish Goalkeeper Shay Given,
    Shane and Sharon Horgan!
    And music from Mary Coughlan and The Club!

Snooze alert!

Did not come up in search lol thanks for moving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Cant believe no thread is up,things must be bad
    Anyway here is a few guests.

'Britain's Got Talent' finalist Ryan O' Shaughnessy,
    Scottish stand-up comedian Kevin Bridges,
    Openly gay Catholic Priest, Fr Bernard Lynch,
    Love's Last Gift author, Bebhinn RamsayIrish Goalkeeper Shay Given,
    Shane and Sharon Horgan!
    And music from Mary Coughlan and The Club!

Wow, thats a very poor line-up.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭who what when

Ive definitely seen worse lineups than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Someone post when Mary Coughlan is finished. I want to sleep well tonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Jimmy, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Welsh Megaman set up this week's LLS thread over 24 hours ago ;).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056643267

By the way I thought you had given up watching the LLS and all things Tubs related a very long time ago :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Jimmy, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Welsh Megaman set up this week's LLS thread over 24 hours ago ;).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056643267

By the way I thought you had given up watching the LLS and all things Tubs related a very long time ago :p:D

did not come up in search,just checking in lol.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

LLS threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭irishbucka

i think the vintiners association of ireland booked that line up. your definitly better off in the pub then sitting in watching this apart from shay given

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Love's Last Gift author, Bebhinn Ramsay, tells Ryan about then untimely death of her husband Alastair and her subsequent journey to find peace and acceptance

Shane and Sharon Horgan!

The only person on that list I know - Shay Given - is extremely boring. Zzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

My sweet lord, thankfully we are coming to the end of this season, fair to say it has been the worst. As for tonight, shay given, like him and Kevin bridges very funny, although I do find it hard to understand his accent at times even though my OH is Scottish. Beyond those another misery fest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Evening all, I won't be joining you tonight, getting ready for my little girls holy communion tomorrow. Hope ye all have a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Dutchie

Very disappointed with this line up, where in Gods name is this weeks cancer/serious-illness survivor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

cofy wrote: »
    Evening all, I won't be joining you tonight, getting ready for my little girls holy communion tomorrow. Hope ye all have a good night.

Have a great day, don't think you will be missing much. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

enjoy Cofy hope you all have a :)great weekend

Enjoy your day cofy. Hope you have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

It doesn't look great on paper, so let's hope the show is better than it appears on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

whos this author one on bout her dead husband? last week we had the husband whos author wife was on the way out is this just to balance things out?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Graham Norton has Will Smith and Tom Jones plus most importantly no misery.
    Seriously RTE must be full of doom in those back rooms sourcing programs,the last 4 years on the station is a like a purgatory of gloom and darkness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

neris wrote: »
    whos this author one on bout her dead husband? last week we had the husband whos author wife was on the way out is this just to balance things out?

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/books/the-widow-who-learned-to-live-3105658.html

link to author who lost her husband from last weeks sindo

Hi All BTW:)

Advertisement