Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Done deal.ie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

andreac wrote: »
    You should not breed from this dog as he has no papers. Did his parents have papers? The reason you should not breed from him is because he has no pedigree that can be traced if he isnt registered so for all you know he could be mating with close relations.
    Also, as a male dog, you will find it very hard to find anyone who will want to use your dog for stud as hi isnt registered and then obviously the pups cannot be registered either.
    in all fairness andrea its not guaranteed they are not inbred even with papers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

pokertalk wrote: »
    in all fairness andrea its not guaranteed they are not inbred even with papers;)

I didnt say it did, but at least you have some idea of its pedigree and lineage. Unless you can trace a dogs history then it should not be bred from.

As i said, you will find it hard for anyone to use the OP's dog if he is not registered, I certainly wouldnt use an unregistered dog on my bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

andreac wrote: »
    I didnt say it did, but at least you have some idea of its pedigree and lineage. Unless you can trace a dogs history then it should not be bred from.

As i said, you will find it hard for anyone to use the OP's dog if he is not registered, I certainly wouldnt use an unregistered dog on my bitch.
    neither would i

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I would be very weary of recommending donedeal to someone looking for a dog unless they were experienced owners who knew what to look out for and how to buy responsibly.

The amount of ads I have reported on that site, mostly for people selling multiple litters under different names, one week they'l call themselves james, next week it's michael and they could have another ad up calling themselves john, all different breeds too. :( But whats interesting is that these ads to a doggy-novice would look ok because they always advertise as being vaccinated, wormed and with papers and the photos are usually taken with the pups looking cute sitting in baskets/beside vases of flowers. It is only when you do a bit of digging and investigating you notice they might have ads up for 3 or 4 other litters at the same time. Puppy farmers are not stupid, Im sure some of them look on websites such as this to see what people are looking out for in a dodgy breeder, they aren't going to take the photos beside a sick looking bitch in a dirty shed with the pups all poo matted and dirty.

As said by someone else the most maddening ads are ones selling older dogs because they'd had a baby, describing them as breeding dogs, or swapping them for other breeds or things like cars/quads. Seen one recently for a pug wanting to be swapped for a teacup chihuahua. :(

Yesterday I overheard a man with a jrt pup saying his pup was about 10 weeks old, the pup was absolutely tiny and looked about 6 weeks, and he was describing it as a teapot pup and that it'l not grow much bigger than it is already! :rolleyes: Id put my money on it that in a years time that pup will be twice as big than it is already and it will indeed be a teapot pup as opposed to a teacup pup! :D

Advertisement