Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Outlet in Newry... Is it worth a visit?

• 30-06-2008 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Has anyone been? Is it worth the trek from Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Its in Banbridge and yes I think it is worth a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

Its in Banbridge and yes I think it is worth a visit.

Care to elaborate other than to point out that it's in Banbridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Was up there a couple of weeks ago. Some very good prices. Especially now with the exchange rate.

If you register on the website first, they give you a voucher book with an additional 10-20% off everything.

Got an email the other day to say their summer sale was now on also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Its about 15 minutes past Newry, on the M1 at the Banbridge junction.

Probably worth it if you're going up that way. - Sometimes they have vouchers for extra discounts on their website http://www.the-outlet.co.uk/

The Marks & Spencer store is not great, but many of the others are quite good. - Also go a further 10 miles or so and you'll be at the huge Sprucefield M&S, Boots, JJB Sports, Sainsbury's.

Personally I prefer the Kildare outlets, not as much choice but a higher quality of product - CK, Ralph lauren, Valentino, Nike, Levis, Molton Brown etc. www.kildarevillage.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

It's a long trek but it's worth it once or twice a year I think (I'm a man). My missus thinks it's worth it every second bleedin weekend (not that we're ever going to go up there that often though). You can get some stuff really cheap there. My other half got a pile of work shirts (some designer brand that I can't remember) for £5 each. The price that was on them was £20 each and she thought that was a cheap price (for that brand).

For women they've lots of shoe offers. Like buy one pair for £35 and get the second pair for £5. That's all women need though. More shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I found it to be crap...

Mainly because im comparing the outlet to its "US" counterparts...

The outlets stores in the US are unreal - the one in Banbridge...meh!! I wont be going back again thats for sure! Not many bargains and all last years stuff (slightly cheaper)

I would just go to Newry myself, more selection and better quality goods and its closer to the border too...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭oneweb

iMax wrote: »
    If you register on the website first, they give you a voucher book with an additional 10-20% off everything.
    Just registered but didn't get any vouchers, do I need to do something special?
    thewools wrote: »
    I found it to be crap...

The outlets stores in the US are unreal - the one in Banbridge...meh!! I wont be going back again thats for sure! Not many bargains and all last years stuff (slightly cheaper)

I would just go to Newry myself, more selection and better quality goods and its closer to the border too...
    Heh, I'd love to hear what you think of the Kildare outlet :-p

It is what it's.

For women they've lots of shoe offers. Like buy one pair for £35 and get the second pair for £5. That's all women need though. More shoes.

I hear ye, Mick!

The reason I'm asking about this one is that I actually found the outlet (woodberry common?) outside New York to be brutal and a bit of a let down considering all the hype I had heard about it. My other half bought a load in Esprit and that was it. I got nothing. I end up just buying stuff in Ambercrombie, because the clothes are such good quality, and not too expensive.

Was gonna head up early and if it's not the best head back to Newry. With the currency conversion rate at the moment we'll get a few bargains anyway.

Thanks for the responses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Don't head up early on a Sunday. Nothing opens till 1:30pm. I found that out the hard way. :)

LOL.

You're missus sounds like the determined type! I'd go up on a weekday, hate getting dragged around the shops, like a 5 year old, on the weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

They either send the vouchers to you or you pick them up in the management office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭banchang

thewools wrote: »
    I found it to be crap...

Agree with this

Go to the Quays & Buttercrane shopping centres in Newry, & the new Asda in Kilkeel out past Warrenpoint, 15 miles from Newry. That will fill the day. I would avoid the Outlet compared to these 3 locations

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

oneweb wrote: »
    Just registered but didn't get any vouchers, do I need to do something special?

When you log in there is a link to print a voucher which has your details on it which you bring to the management suite to pick up your 'VIP' booklet :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

yaynay wrote: »
    Has anyone been? Is it worth the trek from Dublin?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055191293&highlight=cheaper+shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭ei9go

banchang wrote: »
    Agree with this

Go to the Quays & Buttercrane shopping centres in Newry, & the new Asda in Kilkeel out past Warrenpoint, 15 miles from Newry. That will fill the day. I would avoid the Outlet compared to these 3 locations

Is it a small Adsa?
    Seems to be on the side of a street looking at it on TOMTOM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I have been twice in the last year and found the visits to be worth it. On the second, my wife came too and she bought loads.

If you're into fashion, then it's not the place to go. It is an outlet after all - a place where unsold stock gets cleared out to. So points about "last year's" stock are not a fair criticism.

As for comparing with Kildare - it takes me less time to get to Banbridge than to Kildare. And the points about the added attractions in the Newry area are well made. And sterling is, relatively, weak.

Finally, there is another outlet place north of Belfast called Junction One. You might find it worth your while.

Advertisement