Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-07-2020, 09:27   #1906
Silent Running

If you know someone with a 3d printer...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4341510
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-07-2020, 21:31   #1907
Daibheid

Some words of caution, especially anyone thinking of ordering one of these from Banggood but may apply to other sellers too.
As some of you may recall I ordered 8th of April from Banggood for shipping from Spain May 15th. After a litany of slipped dates and waffle from Customer Service I eventually got the drone but it arrived in a battered box. I contacted Banggood immediately and sent them all the requested evidence. They assured me they'd follow up within 48 hours. They didn't, nor after 3 more contacts where each time they responded as if I was contacting them for the first time. They even went so far as to point out I was almost out of the 7 day period after receipt to register shipment damage if I didn't respond with the requested info. The same info they'd got first day.

Meanwhile a little cautious test flying revealed problems,. eg the RC 5 way button wouldn't work in most directions - properly broken. But the serious issues were savage video lag, fritzing and pixellating video feed, range that was a a fraction of the spec and worst of all, a failure to enter RTH after a disconnect at just 500m. I got it back but it never reconnected until descending to 30m overhead. I'm a qualified Private Pilot with a lot of drone experience and that was a scary as I've seen, drone 500m away, disconnected but when it momentarily reconnected 40 seconds later it was not in RTH. End of flying it under any circumstances. A screen recording of that flight convinced Banggood to accept it needed replacement. But they wanted it sent to China and not Spain, They wanted me to pay shipping and they would not send a replacement or refund until they confirmed receipt in original condition.

I rejected that "offer", they wouldn't budge - even though I'd paid extra for their optional shipping insurance so I got Paypal involved pointing out the issues and also that returning it with lithium batteries to China might be impossible or cost prohibitive. They ruled I should get a refund as offered but I had to send it to China -at my cost- and if it wasn't 100% my claim would be at risk. Paypal make it impossible to contact them and impose a time limit to upload tracking. So I parceled it all up - properly- and took it to my PO planning to use registered post or failing that their facility as a DHL agent. They wouldn't accept it either way because of the batteries. Postage was initially €48 - before the battery issue surfaced!

So be warned, it gets messy and becomes a Catch 22 where Banggood get no penalty for shipping badly packed goods but the buyer gets screwed. I had cash to fund the Paypal purchase so can't call in a credit card company. But if anyone has experience with shipping lithium battery stuff please let me know.
Be real careful on early flights, use a screen recorder and if it's your first drone be even more careful, this thing is heavy and fast and half a kilo of lithium flying uncontrolled for 20+minutes doesn't bear thinking about.

Last edited by Daibheid; 27-07-2020 at 21:34.
(2) thanks from:
27-07-2020, 23:48   #1908
Suckit

Regarding returns, you could ask banggood about returning it without the battery?
Alternatively you could try using Fedex or UPS - http://www.fedex.com/ie/learn/lithium-batteries.html
https://www.fedex.com/en-ie/shipping...w-to-ship.html
https://www.ups.com/ie/en/help-cente...batteries.page

And return it (either way) using paypal refunded returns - https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns
Although I believe that is now capped at €30

But I would also heavily argue the case to paypal that you bought from an EU warehouse that is subject to EU laws and regulations.
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...htm#shortcut-2
and
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...s/index_en.htm

I had a similar issue a few years back, and I had a load of hassle convincing paypal that I was covered by EU law.
I eventually got a full refund, but it wasn't easy.

Last edited by Suckit; 27-07-2020 at 23:54.
(3) thanks from:
28-07-2020, 10:43   #1909
Daibheid

Some good links there thanks. Paypal take control of all comms then make it absolutely impossible to interact with them and it feels like a bot as they ignored all of the reasons I escalated to them - e.g. anticipated issues with the batteries, having to wait until Banggood decide to admit they got it back.etc
Banggood are well used to this and it's clear now Paypal doesn't bother them at all.
I bought from Spain for exactly the reasons you mention but if Paypal can't be engaged and have a clock running on the return or else they cancel the case. I've messaged them via their complaints route explaining the issues with their resolution leaving me worse off than before. But that's part of the flag for people here - I expected to return a problem to Spain so be warned.

I did email Banggood as a courtesy and asked if they can advise how best to achieve a return as instructed by Paypal but I'm not really expecting any cooperation there. In fact Paypal may turn around and decide I've breached the terms of the dispute.
I may take the battery out - painful as I have it bubble wrapped and sealed into a proper padded bag- but the RC is physically damaged and has a sealed-in Lithium battery.
28-07-2020, 15:11   #1910
Rock Paper Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daibheid View Post
Some words of caution, especially anyone thinking of ordering one of these from Banggood but may apply to other sellers too.
As some of you may recall I ordered 8th of April from Banggood for shipping from Spain May 15th. After a litany of slipped dates and waffle from Customer Service I eventually got the drone but it arrived in a battered box. I contacted Banggood immediately and sent them all the requested evidence. They assured me they'd follow up within 48 hours. They didn't, nor after 3 more contacts where each time they responded as if I was contacting them for the first time. They even went so far as to point out I was almost out of the 7 day period after receipt to register shipment damage if I didn't respond with the requested info. The same info they'd got first day.

Meanwhile a little cautious test flying revealed problems,. eg the RC 5 way button wouldn't work in most directions - properly broken. But the serious issues were savage video lag, fritzing and pixellating video feed, range that was a a fraction of the spec and worst of all, a failure to enter RTH after a disconnect at just 500m. I got it back but it never reconnected until descending to 30m overhead. I'm a qualified Private Pilot with a lot of drone experience and that was a scary as I've seen, drone 500m away, disconnected but when it momentarily reconnected 40 seconds later it was not in RTH. End of flying it under any circumstances. A screen recording of that flight convinced Banggood to accept it needed replacement. But they wanted it sent to China and not Spain, They wanted me to pay shipping and they would not send a replacement or refund until they confirmed receipt in original condition.

I rejected that "offer", they wouldn't budge - even though I'd paid extra for their optional shipping insurance so I got Paypal involved pointing out the issues and also that returning it with lithium batteries to China might be impossible or cost prohibitive. They ruled I should get a refund as offered but I had to send it to China -at my cost- and if it wasn't 100% my claim would be at risk. Paypal make it impossible to contact them and impose a time limit to upload tracking. So I parceled it all up - properly- and took it to my PO planning to use registered post or failing that their facility as a DHL agent. They wouldn't accept it either way because of the batteries. Postage was initially €48 - before the battery issue surfaced!

So be warned, it gets messy and becomes a Catch 22 where Banggood get no penalty for shipping badly packed goods but the buyer gets screwed. I had cash to fund the Paypal purchase so can't call in a credit card company. But if anyone has experience with shipping lithium battery stuff please let me know.
Be real careful on early flights, use a screen recorder and if it's your first drone be even more careful, this thing is heavy and fast and half a kilo of lithium flying uncontrolled for 20+minutes doesn't bear thinking about.
Was the drone physically damaged when you received it?, or just the box?
Advertisement
28-07-2020, 15:34   #1911
garion

My drone arrived today! AliExpress, no customs charges, ordered on June 20th.

Seems to be well packaged with strong bubble wrap around the Fimi box. Drone looks in perfect condition... will hopefully bring it out for a spin later today or tomorrow.
Thanks from:
28-07-2020, 15:51   #1912
Rock Paper Scissors

Mine arrived today from spain.

Im still in work so havent got my hands on it yet
Thanks from:
28-07-2020, 17:13   #1913
Rock Paper Scissors

No bubble wrap on mine and the box wasnt damaged.

https://ibb.co/HnPHqs3

Drone looks fine

What defects,if any, should i be looking for guys?
01-08-2020, 00:23   #1914
Daibheid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Paper Scissors View Post
Was the drone physically damaged when you received it?, or just the box?
The box lid was perforated by the motor spindles in about 4 different sets of 4 holes as the internal packaging had been torn free of the glue holding it to the outer carton indicating at least four different crush incidents the arms showed a little distortion but the 5 way switch is very much broken. The crushed corners are evidence of hi shock loads which were exacerbated when the internal insert came adrift. I'm surprised there weren't more cracks!
Advertisement
02-08-2020, 16:17   #1915
Silent Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Paper Scissors View Post
Mine arrived today from spain.

Im still in work so havent got my hands on it yet
I ordered on April 22nd, it was shipped on the 18th of July (Spain), the last tracking info shows it leaving the parcel centre in the UK on the 22nd of July. No sign of it since. Anyone else stuck in this phase?
05-08-2020, 11:19   #1916
Saint_Mel

Mine is out for delivery since 8am this morning according to the tracker.

Ordered 17 June from Fimi shop on Ali
06-08-2020, 14:48   #1917
Suckit

The FIMI is now €361 now on Aliexpress + 8.25% cashback (roughly €30)
If they still guarantee no extra charges when it arrives it works out at €330 delivered
06-08-2020, 17:37   #1918
pete6296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckit View Post
The FIMI is now €361 now on Aliexpress + 8.25% cashback (roughly €30)
If they still guarantee no extra charges when it arrives it works out at €330 delivered
Thanks, how do you get the 8.25% cashback?
07-08-2020, 00:21   #1919
Suckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6296 View Post
Thanks, how do you get the 8.25% cashback?

- Click the aliexpress cashback linked above (or just search aliexpress on the site) and then go to the FIMI store link.
Purchase the drone and they should have a record of it, the cashback will appear as pending and then you can redeem it.
07-08-2020, 00:24   #1920
KKV

Send a message via MSN to KKV
Is everyone just buying Fimi drones? OR are people still getting MiDrone 4K's?

If people are still buying the MiDrone 4K, and you're sick of it taking up space in your house cos you got bored of it, I'm usually crashing them into walls or trees and breaking them, so generally on the lookout for replacement drones, if anyone wants to sell their old 4Ks.

(I've no interest in the Fimi drone, though, just the MiDrone - think the Fimi might be too small for my intended use).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion