Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Tv Stick - €26.69 from DHGate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tried TSB, Ulster Bank, AIB and Revolut.

No joy with any of them.

Any workarounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This has been on sale for the same price on aliexpress for around 3 weeks ish.
    The 2GB/4K version is apparently coming out soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

title on the dh site says 4k HDR but output resolution on the specs says FHD or 1080p
    is this 4k stick or just HD stick?

There is supposed to be a 4K version of this launching soon so it could be a mix up on the sellers behalf but I doubt it.

I'm personally holding out for the 4K version, differences will be a better quad core processor, 2GB of RAM and USB-C for power. Rumoured price is about €79.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭fdevine

sligojoek wrote: »
    Tried TSB, Ulster Bank, AIB and Revolut.

No joy with any of them.

Any workarounds?

Tried twice with Mastercard credit card and was refused. Didn't even get to the verification page

Worked first time with UB Visa Debit though

I'll try again with UB. If no joy I'll forget it.
    It's 24e with eglobal but they want 20 postage on order below 50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I just need a stick of some sort to put vpn and iplayer on, anywhere in Dublin selling i g them? I'd get Firestick but it's not in any shops at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Invincible

I just need a stick of some sort to put vpn and iplayer on, anywhere in Dublin selling i g them? I'd get Firestick but it's not in any shops at the moment

Amazon,Parcel Wlzzard.
    Or are you in huge panic?

Invincible wrote: »
    Amazon,Parcel Wlzzard.
    Or are you in huge panic?

Am in town today just wonder if any shops sell these kind of things, budget around 50 to 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'll try again with UB. If no joy I'll forget it.
    It's 24e with eglobal but they want 20 postage on order below 50.

Ulster Bank Debit worked fine with me.

Your payment has been made!

You have paid : €26.45

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭bren2001

Worked with Revolut. Cheers OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭ooter

tried revolut, asked me to confirm the purchase through the revolut app, did that and then it was declined. tried my PTSB credit and debit cards and both were declined. after the revolut attempt the discount code could no longer be applied.
    pity, looks a good alternative to the firestick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ooter wrote: »
    tried revolut, asked me to confirm the purchase through the revolut app, did that and then it was declined. tried my PTSB credit and debit cards and both were declined. after the revolut attempt the discount code could no longer be applied.
    pity, looks a good alternative to the firestick

If you use Gmail you can set up a new account with dhgate and just insert a full stop somewhere in your address, you will still receive the email but dhgate will accept it as new and you can use the code again.

Joebloggs@gmail.com
    Joe.bloggs@gmail.com
    Joeb.loggs@gmail.com

You get the idea.

Perhaps trying enabling online transactions in your revolut app if it's not already on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Raoul

Worked for me through Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Argos Ireland sell firesticks (not 4k version) they aren't on the site, and I'm guessing it's because they're technically not supposed to be selling them here, but they 100% have them in their stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

Just a note, this worked with my Visa revolut card but wouldn't work on my mastercard revolut card. both on the same account. Maybe that's the issue for some people?

I gave up and signed up for Skrill. With their 1% charge it still came up as under €27

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Thanks OP ordered & used Revolut no issues.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Argos Ireland sell firesticks (not 4k version) they aren't on the site, and I'm guessing it's because they're technically not supposed to be selling them here, but they 100% have them in their stores.

Cheers I didn't think to check their shops, I ordered it on Currys.ie yesterday, why are Argos so cagey, Curry's have it on their Irish site, is it not legal?

Finally managed to make 2 individual orders yesterday using revolut, money was taken from my account but dhgate are emailing me saying they haven received payment yet, got no confirmation emails either.
    Anyone else have this issue?

ooter wrote: »
    Finally managed to make 2 individual orders yesterday using revolut, money was taken from my account but dhgate are emailing me saying they haven received payment yet, got no confirmation emails either.
    Anyone else have this issue?

Log in and check the payment status in the account. The email might refer to items you added to the cart previous times.

• Advertisement

DopeTech wrote: »
    Log in and check the payment status in the account. The email might refer to items you added to the cart previous times.

Both saying awaiting payment, when I tap on awaiting shipment tab it says I have no orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭Tefral

I got a dispatch notice for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭degsie

Disappointed at the 1080p restriction. Will deffo wait for the 4K version which is rumored for release soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Looks like the coupon has expired?

Is the only real difference between this and the mi box that the mi box has more storage and a usb port?

Is the only real difference between this and the mi box that the mi box has more storage and a usb port?

This is full HD where as the box is 4k capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Tefral wrote: »

Nothing here.

Tried to log into my account but no joy.

Have tried to reset password but not getting any response

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Tefral wrote:

My tracking has updated to say left departure country

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Reviews are not good at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Rick_Rack

this is an excellent box, i have the Xiaomi Mi Box S and worth it for the chromecast capabilities alone

Advertisement