Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Home Ben turns up but a nightmare 1st quarter left far to much to do. In joint last place in the Division now with the Browns. Brown wasn’t happy at all 2nd half, far to much drama going on for a team that is not used to it.

AB posting more rubbish on social media that’s certainly not going to help team moral. He certainly didn’t seem happy with Fichtner on the sideline Sunday. More unwanted distractions, up against a hot Fitzmagic in Tampa next.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There were a lot of narrow wins last year that clouded over the big deficits at times - Bengals and Colts spring to mind, Packers I think as well.

It might be that the big moments are going the other way this season.

Sitting in last place in the AFC North after the Browns win last night!!!

The upcoming run of division games around the bye week are going to be huge.

Win them and the playoffs are still in play as 10-6 (or 10-5-1) and a good division record might be enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

What's the general concensus from Steelers fans about this season?

It's got off to a ropey enough start for you guys. I know Ben hasn't always been good vs Cleveland, but even as strong of a start Pat Mahomes has made I still thought Pittsburgh would have come away with the win.

I support the Cardinals, but if I had to choose a 2nd team it'd most likely be you guys. I have an acca drawn out for the year where I pick the 8 Divisional winners. I'm a little suspect about the steelers at the minute though!

Has Bell's absence stirred some crap in the camp?

DM1292 wrote: »
    What's the general concensus from Steelers fans about this season?

It's got off to a ropey enough start for you guys. I know Ben hasn't always been good vs Cleveland, but even as strong of a start Pat Mahomes has made I still thought Pittsburgh would have come away with the win.

I support the Cardinals, but if I had to choose a 2nd team it'd most likely be you guys. I have an acca drawn out for the year where I pick the 8 Divisional winners. I'm a little suspect about the steelers at the minute though!

Has Bell's absence stirred some crap in the camp?

Bell’s situation certainly hasn’t helped, to much stuff in the media/social media about it that can’t be helpful in a locker room. Then this week AB throwing the toys out of the pram AGAIN is another unwanted distraction heading into a game that if they lose, I think the playoffs are out of reach.

Then the debate of Home Ben & Away Ben and a secondary that’s in total disarray. As another poster pointed out we won a few close games last year, the results are going the other way so far this season. Win away Monday night against a scary hot Buccaneers there’s some hope lose and I think our season will be a write off.

It's frustrating that the same problems last season and the season before are still there.

Lack of Linebackers, edge rushers, missed tackles and blown coverages - wide open receivers. They keep saying they have to do better...

https://es.pn/2xMK4YM

Let him off at this stage, get back to winning football games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Are the Steelers (11/10) worth a big bet @ Tampa Bay tonight?

Need to put a bankroll together for the Ryder Cup, and am thinking your D will want to improve after the fiasco against my Chiefs last week

Cheers lads

• Advertisement

Never in doubt...again

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

dfx- wrote: »
    Never in doubt...again

:eek:

I went to bed at halftime.

Thankfully.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Was lucky enough not to catch the game yesterday, they didn't turn up in the 2nd half going by reports.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Was lucky enough not to catch the game yesterday, they didn't turn up in the 2nd half going by reports.

Same as that, glad I didn’t wait up reading reports this morning. No playoffs this year.

I'm in Mexico for a week, so was watching it as a reasonable hour of the day so had no way out...

Same 2nd half as last week and the 2nd half against the Chiefs and the 3rd/4th quarter against the Browns.

There was a stat that they are outscoring opponents by 60 odd points in the 2nd quarter.

The problem is that there are the other three quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Just watched the hour long highlights on Sky, big issues in defence and Steelers really lacked that edge that Bell usually brings they are not the same team without him and unfortunately he has probably played his last game for Pittsburgh. They are a team in crisis it’s hard to see a fix when the defence is that bad, they’ll probably win 7-8 games at best although the talent is there to beat any team in the league on their day and they are capable of going on a run if they sort a few issues in defence so who knows. They look torrid at the moment though.

Offence was just as bad. The defence only really gave up one touchdown (+1 on turnovers) and Tucker doesn't miss FGs.

https://twitter.com/DavidMTodd/status/1046606159526993920

Bell allegedly to return after bye week, and wants to retire a Steeler per Jeremy Fowler. He’s gone about the right way of doing that anyway!!!!

What’s to learn from that? We are bad, the Falcons are worse maybe is all. TJ Watt looked immense this evening.

In fairness to the defense, keeping the Falcons to below 20 points is very good. Good second half from the offense, but hard to know how much of that was Atlanta. Some dreadful throws from Ben first half, especially the INT.

Good stuff first half from Conner

Bengals Ravens Browns up next, all huge games. Good result with the Browns win.

• Advertisement

Huge win there in Cincinatti - a season preserving win.

Bye
    Browns
    @Ravens

Those two games against Browns & Ravens could make or break the season I feel. We are on a winning curve and need to keep it going. Two big weeks in a row from No 30, delighted for the lad!!

Pretty decent results for us this weekend with all 3 AFC North opponents getting beat.

From third to top of the division without a single playcall

Probably the best all round performance of the season and a bonus of the Ravens losing. 4-2-1 and the Ravens next. Win next week and it's looking good.

Lose and it's a tough run to catch up with them with the Chargers, Saints, Panthers and Patriots as well as trips to Jacksonville and Denver

5-2-1 :)

Have to say I didn't think they'd be on a four game winning streak watching them that nightmare at home to Baltimore

Starting to round into a bit of decent form alright, mind you i did plank myself when Big Ben went down on his shoulder last night.

I think it dawned on everyone very quickly than Dobbs was the backup:D

But he did very well, big play from him. Haden, Hilton, Conner, Juju, McDonald all playing their part as Brown was kept quiet. No big plays, but just no huge errors on either side.

Given that Tucker can reliably kick it from over halfway, to keep them down to three field goals is very good

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    I think it dawned on everyone very quickly than Dobbs was the backup:D

But he did very well, big play from him. Haden, Hilton, Conner, Juju, McDonald all playing their part as Brown was kept quiet. No big plays, but just no huge errors on either side.

Given that Tucker can reliably kick it from over halfway, to keep them down to three field goals is very good

In fairness we dont really know much of Dobbs capabilities in these situations. He came in at 2nd and 20 after 2 poor offensive penalties and completed on one attempt. Great catch by Juju and it was a critical conversion i thought to the overall outcome of that game for all i think we were much the better team.

If they pinned us there punting from our endzone the game could have flipped on its head.

Backup QB must be the best job in football. 1 pass in nearly 2 years of football and walking away with something like 1.3million and just on a rookie contract.

Advertisement