Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet & Blustery (Second Half Of Next Week)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Met Eireann :
    However cloud and rain will gradually push up from the south, to affect much of Leinster and Munster by the afternoon, turning heavy in places, and persisting during the evening here.

:confused:

18Z GFS just rolling out. Tomorrow afternoon, speaks for itself :

2jeo3si.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    :D

My head syas the computer but I really want the eagle to be right!

It's like betting on a hurlling match between kilkenny and wexford , your head says on thing your heart says another!!!:pac:

No, they both say kilkenny . . .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

125415.JPG

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

No, they both say kilkenny . . .;)

No , Eagle says epic downpour(Wexford) GFS says dry ****e(kilkenny)

Hidden message there by the way...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm heading to tramore for the day tomorrow, what is it going to be??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

There was a bit on the South east BBC news about that last storm that hit the south of England the other day. Tornado's in Suffolk which devastated an old village with lots of listed buildings destroyed, including a vicarage.

They were warning of a lot more storms of the same or larger value due to the jetstream sinking south now across the English channel, sucking up mega warm air from the south and mixing it with cold air towards the north, which can be devasting, thus the formation of tornado's.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305798/Suffolk-tornado-Twister-rips-village-Great-Livermere.html#ixzz0xYQCBhVc

Computer 1 : The Eagle 0 ?

:pac:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Computer 1 : The Eagle 0 ?

:pac:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

watching his forecast i couldn't believe what he was saying i no that everyone reads the charts there own way and interprets them slightly differently but he really messed up with that forecast.

1-0,more like a 10-0 drubbing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Some dry weather for Ireland up to Friday at least according to HIRLAM. There will be some serious downpours in Southern England though. Jesus wept :D
    anim_7533855e-1d03-6d14-4565-9097b0532a58.gif

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    There will be some serious downpours in Southern England though. Jesus wept :D

I'm actually glad this is missing us. Would much rather experience an ex-hurricane sweeping over us instead of one of these drenching lows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LOL, Deep Easterly you are a laugh. Maybe where you are its very meh but down here we've had decent sun and temps with little rain. Even this morning it was "supposed" to be raining but its bright enough.

Rtavn1441.png

As for the chart above bring it on, warmer and should be sunny enough.

havent seen an outlook as bright and sunny as this since June

http://www.breakingnews.ie/weather/munster/
    http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Ennis-EIXX0016

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

at last !!!!! september is the new july:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rosie89

about time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I say this every year - September delivers! Its the only month you can rely on in Ireland*

*cue freezing rain and hurricane force winds

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Current Forecast:

Wednesday, 25 August 2010 11:25

Spells of hazy sunshine in many areas and dry apart from a few isolated showers. Cloudy in southern coastal counties with some rain at times, especially near the coast where it will be rather windy also. Highest temperatures 15 to 18 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Even the above forecast is wrong , lol , moderate rain here atm. I'm not near the coast either. Tis brightenin up now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

jambofc wrote: »
    watching his forecast i couldn't believe what he was saying i no that everyone reads the charts there own way and interprets them slightly differently but he really messed up with that forecast.

1-0,more like a 10-0 drubbing :pac:

Yep - he must have looked at Boards and read the thread title here before he made that forecast...

Funny after all the talk about wet and blustery, today is turning out to be by far the best day for over a week west of the Shannon anyay.

And a smashing red sky to greet the rising full moon lastnight - it seems the old wives sayings were a better weather predictor on this one than either Met Eireann or boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

i just cant see what he was basing his forecast on last night?? i fell sorry for anyone who has a job that is weather dependent and are relying on met eireann. M T Cranium and YR.NO all the way for me:D

km79 wrote: »
    i just cant see what he was basing his forecast on last night?? i fell sorry for anyone who has a job that is weather dependent and are relying on met eireann. M T Cranium and YR.NO all the way for me:D

The forecast would have been perfect based on earlier model runs but then the models changed and the had the low tracking much further south. It seemed Met Eireann stuck with the earlier output.

Anyway, thats the end of that! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Can anyone put their expertise in for a prediction for the picnic 3rd to the 5th
    of next month?

Hoping for the best thanks.

bryaner wrote: »
    Can anyone put their expertise in for a prediction for the picnic 3rd to the 5th
    of next month?

Hoping for the best thanks.

Too early to know. Probably mild/showery with the odd chance of an ex-hurricane.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

km79 wrote: »

I'm a huge fan of M.T but this proves even the great one gets it wrong sometimes ;) This is his forecast for today from yesterday.

WEDNESDAY ... cloudy in the south with periods of rain setting in on moderate east winds to 25 mph, 10-20 mms likely by late afternoon, highs near 15 C. Further north, increasing cloud and eventually some spits of rain in central counties but probably dry to the north, highs near 17 C.

The rain will continue most of Wednesday night and could become rather heavy in the southeast giving 15-30 mms there. Amounts further north will drop off quite steadily and some places north of about Dublin to Clare will remain dry. Lows will be 8-10 C during the overnight and winds will back from east to northeast then northwest, 10-20 mph.

Just proves how hard it is to predict the weather most of the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Some dry weather for Ireland up to Friday at least according to HIRLAM. There will be some serious downpours in Southern England though. Jesus wept :D
    That really made me laugh:D (I admit, I'm jealous of their relatively better weather compared to shower-ville here in Louth.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

No rain down here in Waterford, a few drops and threatening clouds but no rain. This front seems to have caused a lot of problems for all, the BBC had rain for the south coast even this morning which then changed by the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    No , Eagle says epic downpour(Wexford) GFS says dry ****e(kilkenny)

Hidden message there by the way...:D

That wexford people are jealous of kilkenny??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

That wexford people are jealous of kilkenny??? :D

God no, drove through there the other day and all the young lads were running round with sticks in their hands. You'd think after 2000 years there'd be something else to do apart from hurling and stag parties! Come to wexford. We have Courtown- the Las Vegas beside the Irish sea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

doccy wrote: »
    . We have Courtown- the Las Vegas beside the Irish sea :D

lmao :D

Flooding hits south Wales after torrential rain

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-11093742

we narrowly missed this rainfall thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Flooding hits south Wales after torrential rain

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-11093742

we narrowly missed this rainfall thankfully.

Thankfully(?) I'm not sure paddy1 would agree with that:p

Advertisement