Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Guide to Low Stakes

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

you can get it for free when you sign up with lots of sites
    I thought I posted this already, nevertheless.
    This idea intrigues me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

I thought I posted this already, nevertheless.
    This idea intrigues me. :)

I think my cousin has it if i remember correctly...

excellent post phantom lord

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Fair play to you for posting all of this, very helpful indeed, even as a refresher! Good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

thanks everyone, I'm sure that warm fuzzy feeling inside will make up for a reduced winrate.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

thanks everyone, I'm sure that warm fuzzy feeling inside will make up for a reduced winrate.... :)

lol, you tell everyone your secrets and go on a savage downswing - I like it!!

• Advertisement

lol, you tell everyone your secrets and go on a savage downswing - I like it!!
    it's not fair, I thought i should have gotten some sort of good karma or something but no... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

excellent post pl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

Added to favorites, nice posts phantom.

anyone have any ideas of any other stuff that should be included?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Been having a concerted go at STT's (record keeping and the lot) after being burned by the cash games during my introduction to online poker. I am a stable enough live and online tourney player and have been able to post healthy ROI stats for tourney's but am getting a bit bored of STT's at the moment so this post (and the one a short while ago about blind stealing..... I didn't even know you could do that??... :p ) came at a great time.

I understand that even the small stakes mentioned in the post are a long way from the micro's I'm playing in and as a result there will be a lot more 'fishing' but even adopting the semi bluffing, stealing (its amazing when you are tuned in, how many folks just lose interest in their hands post flop and leave the pot a begging) and location/location/location (although that was pretty solid from STT's) and although undoubtedly on a complete rush have managed to reap a healthy ROI over the last three nights (not sustainable so not even going to bother talking about numbers, it's more about confidence to continue)

Overall this great post has provided me with a lot of confidence that I can adapt my tourney game to suit cash, allowed me to properly multi-table which reduces any boredom.

A Karma contribution to you Phantom (although I may require that back when in the midst of the next savage downswing as I curse your name.... :rolleyes: ) GREAT POST.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I don't think you mentioned this. Hardly a trade secret or anything but if someone comes to the table, posts straight away and then checks, ALWAYS raise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

Great post Shane. Have it printed off for those moments of madness when I throw the laptop out the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Great post Shane but you shouldnt be surprised at a downswing after teaching a load of tribeca players how to beat the games your playing.

I wonder if writing it was a mistake.

EDIT: actually, I very much doubt it, there's nothing really insightful there, it's just basic strategy, you could pick up more off any decent poker book, not like i'm divulging the secrets of 4 betting pf or something.

I don't really gain anything tho...at least on 2+2 I'd get that "registered user" thing changed to Pooh-Bah. mods????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

It will still take quite a lot of skill to execute the things that you have mentioned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I wonder if writing it was a mistake.

move up levels

move up levels
    lol, I was thinking that. just as well I've moved up to 1/2 :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

at least on 2+2 I'd get that "registered user" thing changed to Pooh-Bah. mods????

It's even better here you can change it to whatever you want if you become a subscriber for a modest fee. Haven't changed mine in a while. How does "Roundtower Crony #3" sound?

musician wrote:
    It's even better here you can change it to whatever you want if you become a subscriber for a modest fee. Haven't changed mine in a while. How does "Roundtower Crony #3" sound?
    that's not really for me thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I don't really gain anything tho...at least on 2+2 I'd get that "registered user" thing changed to Pooh-Bah. mods????

Careful what you wish for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement