Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Out of Season 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

THERE'S A FILM?????!!!!??? NOOOOO!!!

There is three films!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Christmas_Shoes_(film)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »

Let's never speak of this monstrosity again.

Loughc wrote: »
    Let's never speak of this monstrosity again.

Hear Hear, felt dirty even looking it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

So, two things:

Was listening to the radio on Sunday and someone had texted in looking to hear a particular singer (local radio with the oldie songs on a Sunday!) and the only song the DJ had from that particular singer was Silver Bells...so he played that! Bizarre! Have to say it was a bit weird! "Soon it will be Christmas Day" :pac:

Then, on my way home from work on Monday I passed a bus stop and a lady was waiting there with a christmas pudding beanie hat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Had a few drinks in the house on Saturday night as it was my father in laws birthday, he (like myself) loves Andy Williams, so I stuck on his greatest hits in the background, waited a good hour before 'Its the most wonderful time of the year' came on & boy did I love hearing it!!

In all likelihood it'll be the only Christmas song I'll play until December though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Sitting here in the office, daydreaming a bit and starting out the window. I just noticed that there is a snowflake style stick on decoration on the top corner of one of the windows. The person who sits at that window always has the blind down however they are on annual leave today so someone put it up.

Looks all lonely there on it's own, lonely and beautiful.........

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

504128.jpeg

Our 8 year old wouldn't allow us to put her Elf or Christmas reindeer in the attic along with the rest of the decorations and sleeps with them each night, so each morning we are greeted by them. I secretly love it:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aaaaaaaw :D

Sleepless in Seattle(starts at Christmas) and home alone 2 on tv today...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

They're filming a Home Alone reboot really close to where I live! Ellie Kemper from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is in it.

• Advertisement

Elf2 insisted I read the Mr. Men Christmas book for his story last night. Mr. Wrong thinking it was his summer holiday and not Christmas always cracks me up!

First bit of Christmas in ages :D

Scarinae wrote: »
    They're filming a Home Alone reboot really close to where I live! Ellie Kemper from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is in it.

Dunno how i missed this earlier, but anyway.....

Nooooooo!! Why oh why do they feel the need to fook about with the classics!?
    This'll end up being one to add to the bargain bin containing Home Alone 3 & 4 I suspect.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Apparently it isn't a straight-up remake - the main kid character (played by the kid from Jojo Rabbit) isn't going to be called Keven McAllister and the plot will be different. But yeah it probably will be terrible.

Meant to post this on Monday, was up in one of the bargain stores at the Blanchardstown SC over the weekend and they had selection boxes for sale for €1.50 each. Didnt even check the dates though its a given they're 2019 Christmas stock.

Also, that client of ours I spoke about previously that makes foodstuffs have emailed us about works to their kitchen & bakery outlining that their christmas pudding run has started so the bakery works will needs to go on hold until that run is finished. Mad to think they're working on their christmas stock already.

DvB wrote: »
    Also, that client of ours I spoke about previously that makes foodstuffs have emailed us about works to their kitchen & bakery outlining that their christmas pudding run has started so the bakery works will needs to go on hold until that run is finished. Mad to think they're working on their christmas stock already.

If you're a Christmas fan must be great being working on Christmas stuff in March. Also in that line of business I'd say they have their busy period well before Christmas so can actually enjoy it (could be wrong though!).

TRS30 wrote: »
    If you're a Christmas fan must be great being working on Christmas stuff in March. Also in that line of business I'd say they have their busy period well before Christmas so can actually enjoy it (could be wrong though!).

Posted a long time ago about how the first time I was out there it was the height of summer & their chilled storage areas were full of christmas puddings, they told me at the time they have the main run finished for May & do a second one closer to the time depending on demand. Their mince pies they start in the summer & continue to bake them up until about a week before christmas. IIRC its Something like 3 or 4 million mince pies they bake.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The latest episode of Modern Family was a Christmas special and it was a good ‘un

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

The Royle Family Christmas Special is on Comedy Gold at 10pm if anyone is interested?!

The latest episode of Modern Family was a Christmas special and it was a good ‘un

Watched this Saturday night with the missus and was thinking that would post here when back online today.

It was a good one, so many good characters. Maybe it's just me but their apartment seemed much bigger in that episode!

• Advertisement

I know that family! I thought the dad was only messing when he said he had put up the Christmas tree :D:D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Love this! If you open the tweet you'll see a pic of his lights up and running.

https://twitter.com/NickyRyan_/status/1239640723399618560?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I have my Christmas brussels sprouts socks on today and I had my tea after dinner in my Santy cup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Used my Santa plate for a home made pizza there.

Christmas edition of Family Fortunes was on tonight, was great trying to guess the answers to festive questions :)

Christmas edition of Family Fortunes was on tonight, was great trying to guess the answers to festive questions :)

We watched that too!! Emmerdale v GoodMorning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

When I came in to the house today my hubby was playing a Christmas CD for my little one. Felt very strange to hear Rudolf the Rednose Reindeer being belted out,whilst doors and windows were wide open,and birds chirping outside :)

Was out walking and saw lots of Christmas lights out on Saturday night at 9pm for put a light out. Made me smile :)

Home alone was up on Film 4 over the weekend too.
    Though to be fair its on E4 nearly every other week.

• Advertisement

Love actually on tonight at 9pm on comedy central.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement