Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas 2020 Checklist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

TRS30 wrote: »
    Lets hope they don't cancel the Bank Holidays :)

Don't give them any ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Easter been & gone, and Britain's Got talent is back also from last weekend (though not sure if we included it on the list this year)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

A few days to look forward to
    Thursday April 23rd is Shakespeare Day and St George's Day,
    Saturday 25th April Anzac Day.
    Wednesday 29th April Yom Haatzmaut.

There is some sort of Eurovision thing on the 16th of May.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There is some sort of Eurovision thing on the 16th of May.

It's airing all the entries to this years competition that was scrapped. They have to have new entries for next years competition, they cant carry forward the ones from this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's a shame for the singers and songwriters!

Rose of Tralee cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Rose of Tralee cancelled!

First time in 61 year history, I read earlier.

New Year
    First day of Spring
    Schools close down
    Lockdown
    Less restrictions
    Lockdown ends
    Christmas

Posy wrote: »
    New Year
    First day of Spring
    Schools close down
    Lockdown
    Less restrictions
    Lockdown ends
    Christmas

While I laughed when I read it, there is a depressing air of truth to it :(

• Advertisement

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1274154/strictly-come-dancing-2020-postponed-live-studio-audience-coronavirus-shake-up-bbc-video

Had heard from my friends in RTE that this was mentioned to them when liaising with BBC colleagues this week. Strictly could be postponed for the run up to Christmas this year with a decision set to be made at the end of May as thats when contracts are signed with the contestants.:(
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

New Year
    First day of Spring
    Schools close down
    Lockdown
    Less restrictions
    Lockdown ends
    Christmas

I laughed way too much at this :D

Leo's five stage plan is a nice way for us to countdown to the Autumn and hopefully the Brown Thomas Christmas shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

The company I work for has booked the Guinness storehouse for our Christmas party this year and this week for the first time I have given it serious thought that it might not go ahead!

What do you guys think, any hope?

The company I work for has booked the Guinness storehouse for our Christmas party this year and this week for the first time I have given it serious thought that it might not go ahead!

What do you guys think, any hope?

Absolutely. That'll happen

Who can predict anything anymore?! :/

Who can predict anything anymore?! :/

No one can in reality but I'm trying to be as positive as I can. We have to believe something akin to normal is achievable in the next few months or we really will crack up.

I thought you were being sarcastic, not positive! :pac:

I'm trying not to think too far ahead right now; but if things aren't kind of normal-ish by Christmas, I'd be pretty miserable.

I thought you were being sarcastic, not positive! :pac:

I'm trying not to think too far ahead right now; but if things aren't kind of normal-ish by Christmas, I'd be pretty miserable.

Nah, unless someone gets a tad snotty in here I genuinely try to post at face value. It's my safe haven so would hate to see it go the way the rest of boards can be.

Funnily enough Christmas might be the first thing of note we'll have to look forward to, though fingers crossed there'll be more good things back before then.

It's definitely the only thing I have to look forward to, now that I've no sun holiday this year. *SOBS LOUDLY*

• Advertisement

I'm very easily pleased. I'm looking forward to the Eurovision thing they are doing.
    I'm even looking forward to going to Dealz again.(When ever that will be. There isn't one in my town).

I'll happily give up most things that would normally be looking forward to over the next few months if it meant the Christmas was as close to 'normal' as possible! Elf 3 will be 1 3/4 so the first Christmas she can kinda get involved so would hate that to be some kind of 'quarantine Christmas' :(

I'll happily give up most things that would normally be looking forward to over the next few months if it meant the Christmas was as close to 'normal' as possible! (

With you on that. Fingers crossed it will!!

It's definitely the only thing I have to look forward to, now that I've no sun holiday this year. *SOBS LOUDLY*

I feel your pain! :(

I'm even looking forward to going to Dealz again.(When ever that will be. There isn't one in my town).
    I work in Dublin city centre. I'm sick of Dealz, Boots, M&S etc. I miss the other shops. :pac:
    I'll happily give up most things that would normally be looking forward to over the next few months if it meant the Christmas was as close to 'normal' as possible!
    Absolutely with you on this!!

I had my sun holiday... out my back garden the weekend just gone! :pac:

Now onto Christmas!

Well, it's ticked off the list anyway but the June Bank Holiday is off the list now also.
    I can barely remember the stuff I put on the list. We probably had the start of the state exams around now.

If you compare last year or 2018 to this years one you can really see how much has changed... it's been a crazy 3 months.

I'd say most things for the rest of the year are up in the air minus the bank holidays, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

I'd say most things for the rest of the year are up in the air minus the bank holidays, unfortunately.

One the upside the run in to Christmas does seem to be moving alot quicker this year, with little to no distinct events all the weeks seems to be running into each other, resulting in a quicker moving off-season or so it feels for me anyway.

Advertisement