Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pilates in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 21-09-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Anyone know of any beginners classes for Pilates on in Dublin city centre at the moment? I've done a few classes previously but want to get back into it now.

Rang around a couple of places but haven't heard anything back.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

So one cheap and good one is in Ballybough community centre. Slightly northside but at only €5 for a drop in it is kind of work it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 john2984

Thanks Shalalala.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Yire

Hi, I'm Irene. Whenever I get the job, I sign! I love pilates. You well know people and I speak English with you!. Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BlueValkyrie

Live and Breathe Pilates on Camden Row, off Wexford St, seem to have new courses starting from the week beginning December 8th. I'm not affiliated, just did a beginners course myself there a few months ago, and found the teacher (Steph) really good - very clear and informative for a beginner, although a little slow paced at front (which is probably no harm, to get correct form). http://www.liveandbreathepilates.com/

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭purethick

+1 on Live Breathe Pilates, have been going there for over a year now, it's really helped with my strength for rock climbing. The reformers are great fun but what's surprising is that the mat classes are more challenging (you'd expect it to be the other way around, maybe it's just me...). Also agree that it does start off slow when you are new to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Yire

ok. Thanks for the information! When I return to my country, I will point out. I went to two classes a week. I loved it. I was doing body combat too

purethick wrote: »
    it's really helped with my strength for rock climbing.

Me too :) I've been doing reformer classes also (but in Rathfarnham, as got a groupon type deal) - great fun. You're right that the mat stuff can be harder work - it's really improved my climbing!

Me too :) I've been doing reformer classes also (but in Rathfarnham, as got a groupon type deal) - great fun. You're right that the mat stuff can be harder work - it's really improved my climbing!

Have you the [dubious] pleasure of going on the S&M looking device that is the cadillac? See pic fifth down on the right hand side here? It's quite interesting...not for the faint hearted though :D

purethick wrote: »
    Have you the [dubious] pleasure of going on the S&M looking device that is the cadillac?

Never tried them - seen the one in Live & Breathe alright. Not the kind of thing you want your boss to see you looking at pictures of in case they get the wrong idea ;)

Have you had a go? How does it compare to reformer?

Have you had a go? How does it compare to reformer?
    Yup, had a 60 min workout on it & it's completely different to the reformer. I'd say I'd need many more sessions to get my head around it better, transitioning between exercises was interesting as you have to make sure to avoid getting tangled in springs and levers (Steph does cue you very well on this though). Have a quick skim through ->> this video <<- to get an idea of the variety of moves you can do on the equipment....mind you the person in the video is pretty damn strong and makes it look easy!!

• Advertisement

That does look like hard work! Must have a try sometime :)

Advertisement