Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Would you support big change in RTE?
No, Things are fine the way they are 55 3.21%
Yes, Reduce salaries of presenters 476 27.82%
Yes, Reduce the number of channels, services, staff as well as reduce salaries of presenters 696 40.68%
Scrap RTE altogether 484 28.29%
Voters: 1711. You may not vote on this poll

13-09-2019, 17:31   #2386
tylercheribini

Quote:
Originally Posted by satguy View Post
I just had a quick look at their schedule for Sunday 15 SEP,, and the whole day is nearly all repeats, the whole bloody day.

https://entertainment.ie/tv/rte-one/...9&time=all-day

Nearly every show has an "R" after it !

Why am I being ask to pay for this pure rubbish, a pure waste of money. Someone really needs to be sacked here.
Its actually getting worse the last year which I didnt think was possible, the nadir repeating Mrs. Browns Boys xmas special in the midst of Summer. The only time I actually back this government in its austerity ideology is telling RTE to f-off when they went cap in hand for more dough to piss away.

Last edited by tylercheribini; 13-09-2019 at 17:35.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-09-2019, 17:37   #2387
ednwireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
They're some cute hoors for the repeat programs during prime time. Just a couple of Fridays ago I drove by Tallaght Stadium and there was huge crowds outside it for the Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians game, it was completely sold out. Nice one says I, will watch that when I get home. Get in the door and switch on RTE2 but instead of showing the football they were showing a repeat of the Big Bang Theory. It was from Season 2 so I looked it up and that season was released in 2009. So RTE were showing a repeat of a 10 year old American sitcom at 7.30pm on a Friday evening rather than one of the biggest games of football all season. Unbelievable stuff.
dont eir sport have the live coverage rights ?
Thanks from:
13-09-2019, 17:38   #2388
Bowie
Jean Genie

You can set an excellently written drama in a coal cupboard. I don't buy into it all being about money.
(2) thanks from:
13-09-2019, 17:42   #2389
tylercheribini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barrett View Post
You can set an excellently written drama in a coal cupboard. I don't buy into it all being about money.
Yea maybe a BBC production of a Harold Pinter play in the 70's but people have come to expect the spectacle of a Netflix production nowadays.
13-09-2019, 17:46   #2390
Bowie
Jean Genie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercheribini View Post
Yea maybe a BBC production of a Harold Pinter play in the 70's but people have come to expect the spectacle of a Netflix production nowadays.
There's a middle ground. Look at Fair City, (low hanging fruit I know) it has sets and a decent time slot, yet it's like RTE said, 'we should really have a soap, all the others do'.
Then you've practically every studio show, bleak dim lighting with everyone casting shadows.
My point is quality doesn't have to cost the moon. Blaming lack of funds all the time is on their management of money. More money, better paid more of the same.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-09-2019, 17:49   #2391
jk23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercheribini View Post
Its actually getting worse the last year which I didnt think was possible, the nadir repeating Mrs. Browns Boys xmas special in the midst of Summer. The only time I actually back this government in its austerity ideology is telling RTE to f-off when they went cap in hand for more dough to piss away.
Christmas television on RTE is pure dross, they all must be off over the holidays and have their poor cousins stepping in. Same with new years. Pure crap
Thanks from:
13-09-2019, 17:50   #2392
tylercheribini

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk23 View Post
Christmas television on RTE is pure dross, they all must be off over the holidays and have their poor cousins stepping in. Same with new years. Pure crap
Another hilarious thing about RTE is how the 'talent' somehow deserve teachers holidays in the Summer, just skeleton staff there pressing play on repeats.
13-09-2019, 18:08   #2393
briany

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk23 View Post
The only reason I turn on RTE over Christmas is to confirm that the schedule is pure crap.

It's 2019. Most of us have a few options as far as Christmas entertainment goes. Fair enough, I can understand the auld Kerry farmer watching it, who's stuck in his ways, but the rest of us have moved on a little.
(3) thanks from:
13-09-2019, 18:50   #2394
Brendan Bendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by briany View Post
The only reason I turn on RTE over Christmas is to confirm that the schedule is pure crap.

It's 2019. Most of us have a few options as far as Christmas entertainment goes. Fair enough, I can understand the auld Kerry farmer watching it, who's stuck in his ways, but the rest of us have moved on a little.

Bit early to open up the ‘Oiling up the Tape recorders in Montrose’
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-09-2019, 18:58   #2395

Two Christmases ago an ole episode of Fawlty towers was shown on RTE 2 as a filler on December 27th night and it was one of the most watched things on the channel all year
(3) thanks from:
14-09-2019, 02:27   #2396
dublinman1990

I know this story is related to dead animals but the headline of this story is hilarious.

Dead animal collections halted as knackery strike continues

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/201...e-agriculture/
14-09-2019, 03:31   #2397
fritzelly

Just seen a promo from Howie Mandel for VM for AGT on VM
Has that ever happened on rte?
14-09-2019, 09:41   #2398
Diceicle

Watched the Prime time piece on the RTE cuts. Tbf, they touched on a number of ppls criticisms of RTE - the pay, the fact it's made a loss the last number of years etc.
Though they left out a number of others - nepotism, over unionized.
Having Pat rabbitte on as RTE spokesperson was a bit weird though.
(2) thanks from:
14-09-2019, 11:29   #2399
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by briany View Post

Just buy "the sun" newspaper and it has a great Xmas tv guide.....throw the paper part of sun in bid.....
14-09-2019, 11:38   #2400
McGaggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzelly View Post
Just seen a promo from Howie Mandel for VM for AGT on VM
Has that ever happened on rte?
I dont know what any of rhis means.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline