Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

12-01-2017, 10:46   #61
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoie View Post
Yet, as far as I am aware, Obama never repeatedly had to ask why he couldn't just use nuclear weapons.

Can you recommend some news organisations that are trustworthy? Where do you get your Irish and international news from? Can you recommend some American news outlets that provide accurate reporting?
personally like kpfa.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd1004 View Post
It is common knowledge he inherited between 40-200mil in 1974. 200 million in todays money is 1 billion. His wealth has barely kept in line with s+p 500. If he had done nothing but sit on his ass and put it in a index tracker he would be worth billions today. He was bankrupted 4 times. He goes bankrupt with every downturn of the economy.
...and hes not a particularly intelligent human being either
Advertisement
12-01-2017, 10:47   #62
Gringo180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatling View Post
So can't answer ,won't answer ,

Nothing new there
Drone strikes is a great option to have BUT ONLY in a defensive war ie if your country is been invaded. They should not be used to kill people who may have links to terrorist organisations. Will you answer my question now and while your at it, would it of been tolerated if Britain used drone strikes on this island against suspected members of the IRA?
12-01-2017, 11:10   #63
Gatling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo180 View Post
Drone strikes is a great option to have BUT ONLY in a defensive war ie if your country is been invaded.
I would have glad to have seen drone strikes against the IRA or other terrorists groups ,
If it was good enough for them to blow up pubs ,shops and vehicles I'd expect they should expect to face the consequences ,but there was no armed drones we currently know them back then ,
Pakistan allow the use of Drones in what they consider lawless regions that they won't even send their own troops into , actually they are currently ramping up there own drone force so expect less strikes in Pakistan ,but expect a large increase over anything we've seen before over the next year or two if trump lasts that long ,
Obama inherited the policy he just continued it makes you wonder why they didn't carpet bomb the town where Osama was hiding if they have no disregard for civilians though
12-01-2017, 11:14   #64
Gringo180

Quote:
I would have glad to have seen drone strikes against the IRA or other terrorists groups ,
If it was good enough for them to blow up pubs ,shops and vehicles I'd expect they should expect to face the consequences ,but there was no armed drones we currently know them back then ,
Pakistan allow the use of Drones in what they consider lawless regions that they won't even send their own troops into , actually they are currently ramping up there own drone force so expect less strikes in Pakistan ,but expect a large increase over anything we've seen before over the next year or two if trump lasts that long ,
Obama inherited the policy he just continued it makes you wonder why they didn't carpet bomb the town where Osama was hiding if they have no disregard for civilians though
So dropping bombs from thousands of feet up in the sky onto Dundalk or Limerick for instance on "suspected" IRA members? Are you crazy, imagine the civilian casualties. If internment up North increased IRA membership drone strikes would of had half the country joining there ranks
Thanks from:
12-01-2017, 12:02   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligerdub View Post
Siobhan - You are quite blinkered.
Oh so I’m blinkered because I say Trump is a tool and is only taking office because he fed the middle of America voters exactly what they wanted to hear to get elected and now is backing down on those promises and he is responsible for how the media treats him because he can’t STFU and act sane in front of a camera. He’s a reality show star/business man not a Politian. I have a lot a friends in the US who are scared for what the next 4 years will bring. I may dislike (always have even in his apprentice days) but I hope for America’s (and the world’s) sake I hope he doesn’t f**k things up too royally.

I like the way the Obamas and Bidens have conducted themselves over the last 8 years nothing wrong or blinkered about that. I haven’t said Obama was the perfect president (Nobody will be) but he has done a lot of good for the US. There are things he has had to do that he probably didn't like doing. I'm sure civilians beeing caught up in drone strikes is one of them.

If other president had drone technology available to them. You can be sure they would have used it. Again the decision to use drone strikes were made with evidence presented by intelligence agencies and the Military. Those guys give all the information to the president and ye goes yay or nay. He inherited the war from the Bush administration…. He couldn’t win with some aspects of the public use drone strikes to take out targets or put American boots on the ground to take out said targets. No matter what he did there would be people criticising him for the decision made as a result of intelligence.

If you think Trump will be any better I want what you’re smoking. Christ he is already apparently asking about using nuclear weapons already and isn’t even in office yet
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump...h-reports.html

Quote:
I am no fan of Trump but the media are certainly out to destroy his credibility as president. If he has good relations with Russia they will just say it is because he is getting black mailed over these accusations. Makes me sick.

The media would not be able to destroy his credibility as president if he didn’t give them the material that they could use against him. (I don’t believe they are they are reporting information as they receive it) While there may not be evidence of the Russian incident they were using what he has been caught on camera doing an speaking against and his pass history against him long before the Russian story even appeared.

Like I have said before I he kept his cool while there is a camera in front of him and not try to deny he has said things even though there is evidence to say he has. The media would not be able to use it against him.

Oh and lets not forget twitter and his early morning rants about anybody who tries to criticise him. Here’s a tip Donald …. If you can’t deal with criticism without needing to act like as child on twitter when you retaliate. DO NOT go in to politics….

Last edited by siobhan08; 12-01-2017 at 20:20.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-01-2017, 12:03   #66
Gatling

Quote:
So dropping bombs from thousands of feet up in the sky onto Dundalk or Limerick for instance on "suspected" IRA members? Are you crazy, imagine the civilian casualties. If internment up North increased IRA membership drone strikes would of had half the country joining there ranks
I'm still waiting for an answer stop rambling about civilians when the terrorists have no issues slaughtering civilians including historically the north ,
12-01-2017, 12:09   #67

Quote:
I'm still waiting for an answer stop rambling about civilians when the terrorists have no issues slaughtering civilians including historically the north ,
You are no better than the terrorist if thats your belief
Drone strike on your house, as a suspected terrorist
12-01-2017, 12:14   #68
Gatling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartouche View Post
You are no better than the terrorist
Yawn
12-01-2017, 12:23   #69
MightyMandarin

Quote:
Why are the American media so afraid of a good U.S and Russia relationship? I would of thought it was good for worldwide stabililty to have a working American-Russian alliance? Clinton would of been a complete disaster in this aspect but at least Trump seems willing to work alongside Putin.
It's now been confirmed that Russia hacked into political party's and politician's web-records and emails with the aim of influencing their election in favour of a particular candidate. Many credible sources also conclude that there's no way Putin didn't know about this and that he very likely ordered it.

Now tell me why the **** should Americans trust co-operating with the Russians.
Advertisement
12-01-2017, 12:31   #70
Gringo180

Quote:
I have answered your question. Are you going to answer mine? Would you support drone strikes if one wiped out your home, wife and kids?
12-01-2017, 12:34   #71
Gringo180

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMandarin View Post
It's now been confirmed that Russia hacked into political party's and politician's web-records and emails with the aim of influencing their election in favour of a particular candidate. Many credible sources also conclude that there's no way Putin didn't know about this and that he very likely ordered it.

Now tell me why the **** should Americans trust co-operating with the Russians.
The Democrats done the same thing and influenced the vote in favour of Hillary instead of Sanders? Why would Russia want Hillary to become president with her war rhetoric towards them?
12-01-2017, 13:29   #72
MightyMandarin

Quote:
The Democrats done the same thing and influenced the vote in favour of Hillary instead of Sanders? Why would Russia want Hillary to become president with her war rhetoric towards them?
Although you're correct in saying that the DNC corrupted their own process to give Hillary the nomination, it's a completely separate matter.

Whether Russia prefers Hillary not is unimportant, they manipulated the election of a foreign leader. Any American who attempted to work with them on that is a traitor, and likewise any American who believes they are justified in doing so.
Thanks from:
12-01-2017, 14:47   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldinho View Post
That Trump is a very polarizing figure is perfectly understandable, but it seems to me that the 'anti-Trump brigade' is willing him to fail before he has even taken office. Personally I find this awfully cynical and ... classless
Its ridiculous. They're praying for America to fail in order to win. I didn't vote for Obama or liked his policies, but I wasn't praying for him or the Country to fail. I want the Country to succeed regardless of who wins.
Thanks from:
12-01-2017, 16:53   #74
ligerdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd1004 View Post
It is common knowledge he inherited between 40-200mil in 1974. 200 million in todays money is 1 billion. His wealth has barely kept in line with s+p 500. If he had done nothing but sit on his ass and put it in a index tracker he would be worth billions today. He was bankrupted 4 times. He goes bankrupt with every downturn of the economy.

https://www.quora.com/Did-Donald-Tru...emarkable-rate
Because beating the S&P is famously easy! We've seen one of the longest bull markets in history in the last 8 years or so. How were the comparative charts looking back in 2008, or how will it look if and when the market tanks next?

He got nothing near 200 million by the way, not even close. He never claimed personal bankruptcy, some businesses did right enough, no different to the likes of Richard Branson.

quora.com huh.....good to see we are going for the best sources.

Call him a boorish, orange-faced buffoon all you want, fine, but when it comes down to attacking his commercial history you lose a lot of credibility.
12-01-2017, 17:57   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhan08 View Post
Can he be kicked of office if does some crazy thing in the next 4 years? (Well crazier that what he’s pulled already)
I know a president can be impeached but not really sure what that means and if he could be given the heave hoe

Wonder if there is any truth in the latest stories about him
I don't get the issue with Trump, the people spoke and they chose him. Even if there is truth about the latest stories I don't really see the problem, what he does in his private time really isn't a reason of concern for anyone?
Forum Closed