Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-09-2009, 12:45   #1

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Ok, there's a lot of threads from people looking for the name of a film, it's a nearly daily occurrence, so right now I'm thinking it's best to have just one sticky for that purpose, like the what's that song thread on Music.
Advertisement
29-09-2009, 10:01   #2
allanb49

Ok, may be really vague. but i remember seeing it bout 12 years ago had dan acykroyd and it ended in a scrapyard with a house in the centre. it could be dragnet but not sure
Thanks from:
29-09-2009, 10:10   #3
Delirium
cosmic voice

Send a message via MSN to Delirium Send a message via Skype™ to Delirium
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanb49 View Post
Ok, may be really vague. but i remember seeing it bout 12 years ago had dan acykroyd and it ended in a scrapyard with a house in the centre. it could be dragnet but not sure
Is this it??
Thanks from:
29-09-2009, 11:40   #4
allanb49

Cant see it cause on my phone but the wikipedia description i read does seem like the movie i saw when i was a kid thank you so much, now only have to find it and watch it
30-09-2009, 17:34   #5
DoctorGonzo08

Movie Title Needed

This movie I saw when I was about 7 or 8. Very dark, set in a monastry, monks, one simple/disfigured, one disturbing scene with fat naked monk, lying in old bath tub after slitting wrists. For some reason 'War of the Roses' is always at the back of my mind, but is obviously not the Michael Douglas movie. It may have some connection to the actual War of the Roses Civil War.

If anyone has any idea, it would free me from this annoyance. It was also quite a good movie from what I remember.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-09-2009, 17:37   #6
TheIrishGrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorGonzo08 View Post
This movie I saw when I was about 7 or 8. Very dark, set in a monastry, monks, one simple/disfigured, one disturbing scene with fat naked monk, lying in old bath tub after slitting wrists. For some reason 'War of the Roses' is always at the back of my mind, but is obviously not the Michael Douglas movie. It may have some connection to the actual War of the Roses Civil War.

If anyone has any idea, it would free me from this annoyance. It was also quite a good movie from what I remember.
The Name Of The Rose

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091605/
Thanks from:
30-09-2009, 20:59   #7
DoctorGonzo08

Bang On! Thanks a million.
03-10-2009, 20:45   #8

Help!

I watched a movie about a year ago but I cannot remember the name of it.

The story line, if I recall correctly, is about a lawyer who goes around killing gangsters as they have hurt his family.

One scene is when the lawyer guy nearly dies when his car rolls off the top of a car park but escapes.

The DVD is in black and red cover.

I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it. Any help would be appreciated.
03-10-2009, 20:52   #9
yabadabado

would it be death sentence
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804461/
Advertisement
03-10-2009, 21:02   #10

Excellent. Thank you.
06-10-2009, 20:26   #11
DundalkDuffman

Send a message via Yahoo to DundalkDuffman
What is this film

Hi, going a bit nuts here trying to remember what this film is, apologies as the details I have are sketchy but basically its a teeny/college film. From 2000 forward. There was a creepy character that had assembled a doll from various items belonging to a girl that lived near them. His mate was trying to date/was dating her. It was a comedy out of the Van Wilder/American Pie school. Its driving me crazy. The film ended with the song that creep boy had written about her, possibly a girls name. He played in I think keyboards in the movie as a part of the story but it was in for the closing credits. I think that he kept trying to scupper his mates chances with her as well. The song got steadily more agressive too.

I think the actor that played him was in a few of those type of films too. Help!!

Last edited by DundalkDuffman; 06-10-2009 at 20:30. Reason: more details added
06-10-2009, 21:17   #12
The Master
Category Moderator

I think you're thinking of "Slackers"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240900/
Thanks from:
06-10-2009, 21:29   #13
DundalkDuffman

Send a message via Yahoo to DundalkDuffman
Fantastic. I saw a photo of Schwartzmann today and said it wasn't the guy I remembered at all but turns out is the same. Cheers The Master, appreciate it :-) Can sleep tonight now!
06-10-2009, 22:24   #14
barr toco

hi all,
i seen this movie a few years ago, it starts out as a german family in ww2,
focused on the young woman, i dont remember much of the movie but i do remember she struggles to survive as the russian soldiers close into germany, she is raped many times by russian soldiers,
if anyone knows the name of this movie please.
14-10-2009, 20:55   #15
candy-gal1

Anyone know of this movie title at all?! It stars the oldish guy that used to be in the herbal tea ads and seemed a tad gay lol
also starred emma thompson as a very simple loved up woman in it!
and the intro has a well known 80s song in it, cant think of what itis though
its an 80s movie, comedy, and all his friends are invited for dinner in it, and he tells them at the end hes dying.
also theres some black girl in it with an 80s hairdo and black slinky dress.

iv seen this on tv a few times before, always find it funny , but never find out the name!
any info on this would be great thanks!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion