Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hot water

• 24-05-2019 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hi i have a pressurised heating system in my house . As house is fairly warm we dont have boiler only on hour or so during day. The problem is we would like to have hot water on demand and not just after boiler comes on. I have no thermoststic valves fitted . Is there a cheap way of sorting this.rather than fitting water heater under sink
    Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Tullogher

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi i have a pressurised heating system in my house . As house is fairly warm we dont have boiler only on hour or so during day. The problem is we would like to have hot water on demand and not just after boiler comes on. I have no thermoststic valves fitted . Is there a cheap way of sorting this.rather than fitting water heater under sink
    Thanks alot

Is it a combi boiler? Look up manual to see if it.operates on a summer mode. I
    E. No heating just hot water. What make model is it

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Its a warmflo make. I was told to keep water hot i should have it come on rwice a day. My problem is that i dont want heat on twice a day in house. I can turn heat to rads odd via manual valves which are hard to get at. Is there any other way besides the manual valves to do this as its nusience fo have to keep turning them off and on during the day. Also i would worry in case they start leaking

You need a motorised 2 port valve fitted on the radiator circuit. Connect to power supply and switch. Then you have full control. Better still connect to a thermostat with timer and you will have fill control.
    https://www.ephcontrols.com/section/2-port-valve-compression/

Seai do grants for heating control upgrades.

Thanks for reply. So with this valve will this allow the water to heat in morning and both the rads and water heat in evening with out going near it

It would indeed. The valve will open using the times you put on the thermostat. Or if you only want a timer it will work either.

• Advertisement

Tullogher wrote: »
    It would indeed. The valve will open using the times you put on the thermostat. Or if you only want a timer it will work either.

And is this valve easy to fit. Can a plumber do it or do i need electricion as well

Simple to fit for a plumber. Plumber should be able to do stat too as its not difficult. Depends on the plumber

Simple to fit for a plumber. Plumber should be able to do stat too as its not difficult. Depends on the plumber

O how true. This will def sort my problem in your experiencr. And would this job cost much

Seai will give you €700 for it.

That should cover it. Get remote control for your boiler too with a mobile app for controlling your heating when not at home.

https://www.seai.ie/grants/home-energy-grants/heating-upgrade-grants/

Seai will give you €700 for it.

That should cover it. Get remote control for your boiler too with a mobile app for controlling your heating when not at home.

https://www.seai.ie/grants/home-energy-grants/heating-upgrade-grants/

Thsnks a million for all the help. Must track down good plumber now

• Advertisement
Advertisement