Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hibernia help

• 23-05-2019 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone I’m a mature student and I had my Hibernia interview last week. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful in Irish part. Can any one suggest any course or grinds on line or otherwise to help me for next February to re- sit Irish part. Totally gutted but would love some advice. Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Learning one book off isn't a great ploy. I'd prefer to do some grinds/classes. Listen to Raidio na Gaeltachta and watch TG4. Are you in a position to work as a ceannaire in a Gaeltacht or do an adult course?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 annphil

thanks very much for all your help
    Gloster4 did you get the place your second time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 annphil

did you apply for hibernia byhookorbycrook ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Gloster4

annphil wrote: »
    thanks very much for all your help
    Gloster4 did you get the place your second time around?

I did thankfully, it worked for me anyway I found it super helpful, I would agree though too that any practice you can get in speaking Irish at all would help, wishing you the very best of luck!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

annphil wrote: »
    did you apply for hibernia byhookorbycrook ?

No, qualified in the 80s, but have a lot of experience in helping people prepare for the Irish and getting accepted.ETA- not for money!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Daf41

Hi there,
    I just completed the the Hibernia interview for the masters in primary school teaching. I was unsuccessful. I got a H4 in Irish this year, however, I think the standard required is a good bit higher than the leaving certificate oral . Would anyone be able to reccomend one of the PME prep course to me or a really good tutor?
    Thanks J

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Daffodil12

Sorry to hear you were not successful , where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭pandoraj09

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5 joannesull

Hi,I am In same situation, I wasnt successful last Feb at interview and will resit in Feb again. I took the time to get my head around it I went to Oideas Gael in the summer but the lack of being able to practice it here in Swords im back to square one again. I plan to do the intensive course with conradh na Gaeilge in December if they let me cause its more for TEG Oral prep but any prep is helpful. Have ye signed up to any courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 malteasers

Hi,

Has anyone sat their interview this year yet?

I done the LC last summer and got a H3. Failed the Irish part of the interview and just done my 2nd interview on Monday, but still no word back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 midlandor

malteasers wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone sat their interview this year yet?

I done the LC last summer and got a H3. Failed the Irish part of the interview and just done my 2nd interview on Monday, but still no word back!

Hi Malteasers! I applied last week but didn't get an interview date yet. How did you find the interview? Hoping you hear some positive news soon!!!

Advertisement