Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Magnetic window sensor reed switch

• 22-05-2019 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could buy a Replacement magnetic window sensor / reed switch compatible with HKC alarm?

I keep getting messages “open zone, zone 2” when I try to arm the alarm. I think a unit got damaged by dust or vibration during renovations.

Are the switches individually identified- Will the alarm know there’s been a substitution if I switch it off (disarm it) replace the sensor and switch it on again?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As long as they are not point ID devices you can swap them out like for like with any standard sensor/contact.
    Most suppliers would have these off the shelf. Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

KoolKid wrote: »
    As long as they are not point ID devices you can swap them out like for like with any standard sensor/contact.
    Most suppliers would have these off the shelf. Where are you located?

I’m out near the airport - I think they look pretty basic /standard. They might have vibration and magnetic built into them

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

REW Finglas or Northwood Technology would be near enough to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

There’s a little capsule probably for vibration sensing... should those metal discs be arranged in a certain way? Would it possibly read open zone because of them?
    KoolKid wrote: »
    REW Finglas or Northwood Technology would be near enough to you.

Yes. The barrel should be mounted with the arrow pointed up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement