Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eCollege - PRINCE2® Foundation Course - Any Good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭onedmc

No idea but there is another Irish one that you can actually test for free

https://www.althris.com/prince2onlinefoundation-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TommyMacca

@onedmc Thank You!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

It’s all pre recorded videos, and you have to hit 80% in the chapter quiz before you go to the next chapter. A lot of it is common sense if you have already worked in project management, and more doable than PMP.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bug23

@tommymacca I'm curious to know if you went ahead with the ecollege course and how you're finding it?

@LimeFruitGum

Thanks for the extra information, it's appreciated.

• Advertisement

@Bug23

It's not me that's taking the course but my friend, she hasn't started it yet.

She's currently unemployed and therefore the course is free.

She was asked by the dole to do some research on the course before commencing it, to make sure it was a "good fit".
    Hence my question on boards.ie.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I'm nearly half way through it. I'm far more familiar with PMP and Agile, so for me, the topics are fine, it's just about being match-fit for the exam and knowing the terminology.

If she has worked in business support/coordination roles before, she'll be ok. If this is all brand new to her, then she'll have to knuckle down. However, it is a very good qualification to have. I've been screened out of roles this year just because I didn't have a formal Prince2 or PMP qualification (in spite of ticking all other boxes, and having a diploma in ProjMngt).
    I would strongly recommend she gets a copy of the official Axelos Prince2 Foundation text, I wouldn't solely rely on the ecollege text.

I've got a job lined up for next month, but I can still finish the foundation through ecollege, and take the Practitioner level privately over the summer.

@LimeFruitGum

I passed on your message to my friend and she asked me to tell you thanks very much for the information.

Good luck for the job!

Kind Regards.

Advertisement