Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 38 Transfers - It’s Now or Never

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    They're at home to Cardiff. They want to finish ahead of Arsenal. I'm pretty sure they play a strong team and try to put on a good performance. Son to Pogba is as close to a no brainer as you get. Outside of that it's very hard to pick anyone(certainly for a -4) there's very few standout fixtures and outside of Liverpool and Man City there could be quite a lot of rotation across-the-board .
    They were away to Huddersfield
    The WORST TEAM in the league
    They aren’t capable of putting in a good performance
    Ogs has already said he will be giving some young lads a game
    And Antonio Valencia

Palace Bournemouth has all the Hall marks of an end of season goal fest (sadly Cos I’ll be playing awb )
    Pick one of their mids

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Good chance we'll know on Sundays whether Robbo is playing or not. Bit like Firmino against Huddersfield with game being within an hour of dealing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Are Wilson or Zaha worth a -4 (in replace of Jimenez)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Vardy or Auba? or any other striker for a punt (have Augero and Long)?

Auba should be going for the golden boot but their away form is terrible whereas Vardy gets a knackered Chelsea side at home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Shedite27 wrote:
    Are Wilson or Zaha worth a -4 (in replace of Jimenez)

Wilson could be as he has a lot of big scores lately but I wouldn't fancy Zahas chances. He's back playing on the wing in a 442 and doesn't rack up many big scores despite his obvious talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Neck and neck in my money league, got Robertson and Firmino, don’t want to take the hit on transferring both, which one is more likely to play ? Firmino probably?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Son and Gray to Bernardo and Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Redmond or Townsend as a midfielder. Already have Delofeu.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Neck and neck in my money league, got Robertson and Firmino, don’t want to take the hit on transferring both, which one is more likely to play ? Firmino probably?

Klopp seemed happier with Robertson in his press conference.

It feels dirty taking a -4 to get a better first bench option but I'm convinced one or two of my players might be given the last game off and my bench can't hack it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Amazed if Robertson doesn't play, Firmino absolutely no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Do people expect David Luiz to play tomorrow bearing in mind Chelsea have nothing to play for and he played the full 120 on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Was going to make changes now but surely some teams will be announced before 14:00 today?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Was going to make changes now but surely some teams will be announced before 14:00 today?

That would be a massive help alright seen as the games are not until tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Geez force of habit on a Saturday morning. So what’s the thinking about getting teams before the deadline?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

0.1 short of Doherty to TAA now but really want him as a blocker more than anything.

Might take a hit which would allow me to bench one of Jota/Jiminez.

Would like a Leicester player, think they will beat Chelsea comfortably.

Doherty and Son to TAA and Tielemans maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Vardy /Pogba / Redmond in for Jota /Son / Jimenez need to make about 20 points to scrape 3rd in a decent money league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Final transfers and obligatory hit taken...its adios to Firmino and Son and bonjourno to Fraser and Aguerooooooo.

Would have rather done something a bit more exciting tbh but protecting a lead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Do we have any idea whether Gray, Llorente will start?

Considering Jimenez ---> Llorente & Duffy ---> Laporte for a -4

Don't reallty want a hit but could do with some City defensive coverage, rival ha s Laporte & Ederson. .1 mill short of just doing Duffy to Company. If Robbo is not fir will just do a direct swap then

Going to go ahead and do Moutinho and Jimenez out for Fraser and Wood for a - 4.

One of Fraser Wood Digne Bednarek as first sub. Can't decide. Might not matter if someone gets the last game off.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Going to go ahead and do Moutinho and Jimenez out for Fraser and Wood for a - 4.

One of Fraser Wood Digne Bednarek as first sub. Can't decide. Might not matter if someone gets the last game off.

Why would you sign 2 players for minus 4 and then bench one

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

leading my main league by 1 so dont want to do too much

but need Vardy as a blocker, but need to free cash up for that....
    have it down to Jimenez > Vardy & Son > Milvojevic / Fraser

any preferences either Milo / Fraser??

I’ve stuck with Aubameyang through thick and thin but I’m about to sell him for the final game week.

Am I mad or is it about time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

klopparama wrote: »
    I’ve stuck with Aubameyang through thick and thin but I’m about to sell him for the final game week.

Don’t. Going for Golden Boot and crazy as it seems Arsenal have a 8 goal turn around with Spurs. I think Everton will beat Spurs 2-0. So Arsenal will go for it.

Keep him.

Add to this he is on form & has had his rest with his virus. Lacazette be the one to make way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

klopparama wrote:

klopparama wrote:

I'd keep him, he'll have his eyes on the golden boot and is on top form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

klopparama wrote: »

Im thinking about getting him in.

One of us is f*cked!

Going with the wisdom of the forum so.

Would be furious if he actually did something too so not worth it. Vardy can wait until next season.

So now to decide if I’m bringing in -

Siggy, Bilva or Maddison.

Would bring in Pogba but can’t afford him.

km79 wrote: »
    Why would you sign 2 players for minus 4 and then bench one

Convinced they'll end up playing anyway. I really should just bench Bednarek. Even Huddersfield might fancy their chances scoring on them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any love for Long?

In form against worst team in league.

Will be Firmino out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

F1ngers wrote: »
    Any love for Long?

In form against worst team in league.

Will be Firmino out.

I already have my three Southampton players! :pac: :pac:

Advertisement