Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 World Snooker Championship (Mod Note Post One)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭This is it

Some shocking puns on Eurosport. Shocking.

I'm all for the break building and 147's but the tactical battles are my favorite. What a fantastic final frame

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The Beeb making a hames of things here. Surely we should be watching Wilson v Brecel at 9-8?

Forget bbc, pay for the Eurosport player. Every shot of every match covered.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

This has been fantastic.

Could have a Shot of The Frame competition with 10 shots just from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

This is easily going to be the longest frame in Crucible history. Another 6 minutes or so

• Advertisement

Unreal. Really enjoyed that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

Fantastic final frame, a proper Crucible Classic. Think Wilson deserved it but only by the smallest of margins, either deserved the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

Brian? wrote: »
    Forget bbc, pay for the Eurosport player. Every shot of every match covered.

I subscribe to Eurosport but the only negative on Eurosport Player is the data consumption. By a long long way the Eurosport Player app is the most data hungry app on my phone. I have 15gb a month and would use it all up watching one match.

For full matches I usually wait and then search YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Great drama. Brecel will feel he threw it away. Gave away 17 careless foul points, which was a turning point I think.

Great double to take the brown off the cushion by Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭tanko

This is it wrote: »
    Some shocking puns on Eurosport. Shocking.

Dont have Eurosport here but could it really be any worse listening to Ken Doherty or Peter Ebdon boring people to death with their monotonous ramblings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Tian snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Such a lack of conviction when it mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

zuutroy wrote: »
    Tian snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Such a lack of conviction when it mattered.

Maguire got lucky but he could be a handful for Ronnie after getting out of jail there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Great drama tonight.

Maguire ran like god in those last few frames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

If anyone is interested in some of the betting on this, there is a big bet going on a century being made in each match. Some people got it at 22/1. It's landed for the first seven matches so far.

Genghis wrote: »
    I subscribe to Eurosport but the only negative on Eurosport Player is the data consumption. By a long long way the Eurosport Player app is the most data hungry app on my phone. I have 15gb a month and would use it all up watching one match.

For full matches I usually wait and then search YouTube.

I mainly use it on the laptop on WiFi. Is this not an option?

they/them/theirs

tanko wrote: »
    Dont have Eurosport here but could it really be any worse listening to Ken Doherty or Peter Ebdon boring people to death with their monotonous ramblings.

I much prefer the Eurosport coverage. These days on BBC everyone is trying to outdo each other for being a character. It’s painful sometimes.

That’s before we even talk about Dennis Taylor.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Neal Foulds. Stephen Hendry. The only two commentators that I really like listening to, plus Clive Everton when he gets to do latter stages of ITV events. Foulds' insight into and knowledge of the game is just incredible. Out of the former player commentators, I'm pretty sure he watches the most snooker.

Today's order of play:

10am
    Shaun Murphy 9 v 0 Luo Honghao (final session)
    Mark Selby v Zhao Xintong

2:30pm
    John Higgins 6 v 3 Mark Davis (final session)
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v James Cahill

7pm
    David Gilbert v Joe Perry
    Mark Selby v Zhao Xintong (final session)

Really looking forward to the Selby/Xintong match, both sessions played today and Xintong could pull off the first major upset. Plus, Ronnie vs the amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Bring back Willie Thorne! Can't stand Peter Ebdon I think it's because of some of his fist pumping disrespectful antics when he was a player plus being involved in the most boring WC finals I have ever watched!

Bring back Willie Thorne! Can't stand Peter Ebdon I think it's because of some of his fist pumping disrespectful antics when he was a player plus being involved in the most boring WC finals I have ever watched!

I preferred his fist pumping to his snooker playing.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Selby in trouble, I hope Zhao wins he is playing well. Last frame I thought Selby might grind out the two snookers he needed but he doesn't seem to be cueing well.

• Advertisement

Selby in trouble, I hope Zhao wins he is playing well. Last frame I thought Selby might grind out the two snookers he needed but he doesn't seem to be cueing well.

He always played well above his natural talent, which I greatly admired, but it seems his ability to do that has slipped this season.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I blame Vicky :d))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That lad that's always there is there in his Coventry tshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Well done James Cahill, taken the first frame. Held his nerve well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

And, as expected, the big guy with the glasses who sits in the same spot every year, front row at Table 2, is, as usual, FAST asleep.

D4w6Sa6WwAAljDN?format=jpg&name=small

What's Mark Selby doing in an An Post ad on TV? :p

Actually, more importantly, what's he doing SMILING?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ronnie's head not in the game at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I think he will be back

Ronnie got so lucky in this frame. Jammy. He should be 4-3 down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Ronnie isn’t himself at all this afternoon, but he isn’t getting punished for it

Advertisement