Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

My passport expired last yea. I never got around to renewing it and I'm going to need one very soon but I've lost it.

I'm going to keep looking because the online process says it might required but if I can't find it on time what option should I choose when applying online - that it has expired or that I have lost it?

Does it really matter that I cannot find it? How often do they ask for the old one or what reasons do they need to see it?

I have a scan of it on my computer - might that be enough?

You can renew your passport online, even if you’ve lost it. You don’t need to find it to renew online.

My passport expired last yea. I never got around to renewing it and I'm going to need one very soon but I've lost it.

I'm going to keep looking because the online process says it might required but if I can't find it on time what option should I choose when applying online - that it has expired or that I have lost it?

Does it really matter that I cannot find it? How often do they ask for the old one or what reasons do they need to see it?

You can renew your passport online, even if you’ve lost it. You don’t need to find it to renew online.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Think its for only over 18's

yeah think its over 18, can't be more than x years of out date, can't have more than 12 months left, something like that. But only way to do renewals now, really super efficient way.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

yeah think its over 18, can't be more than x years of out date, can't have more than 12 months left, something like that. But only way to do renewals now, really super efficient way.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

fxotoole wrote: »

So what about where they say in the expired - "You must hold onto your Passport Book until your new Passport Book is received as the Passport Service may require it to complete your application."

Do they ever actually need the old passport?

So what about where they say in the expired - "You must hold onto your Passport Book until your new Passport Book is received as the Passport Service may require it to complete your application."

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Used the passport renewal online service and had passport within 36 hours of applying, seriously excellent service. Highly recommend (and cheaper than passport express!)

Is it always that quick with online renewal?

Used the passport renewal online service and had passport within 36 hours of applying, seriously excellent service. Highly recommend (and cheaper than passport express!)

I don't know it was my first time to try it, but noticed others in thread also had a good experience.

I don't know it was my first time to try it, but noticed others in thread also had a good experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Once everything is in order it seems to be, there are special photo booths to get the photo taken if you want and it gives you a code to input during the process and your photo pops up

• Advertisement

Once everything is in order it seems to be, there are special photo booths to get the photo taken if you want and it gives you a code to input during the process and your photo pops up

No idea. Sounds like they’re covering their ass in the 1% of cases where they need to examine the old passport to ensure someone’s not trying to steal another persons identity, etc

No idea. Sounds like they’re covering their ass in the 1% of cases where they need to examine the old passport to ensure someone’s not trying to steal another persons identity, etc

salmocab wrote: »

I just used the mobile phone and followed their guidelines and it accepted the photo

I just used the mobile phone and followed their guidelines and it accepted the photo

• Advertisement

Advertisement