Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Ompala wrote: »
    Waterford are playing straight into Limericks hands persisting with long ball each time. They are making it very easy for Limerick.

Couldn't agree with you more. You'd expect a shout from management with a plan b or whatever. Limerick were just soaking up the wayward puckouts and Limerick short passing has Waterford lads chasing shadows at times. That cross field point at the end defined it all. Waterford mgt must have another plan for second half plus a tactic to deal with that breeze (?). We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

What ever about Chin, Gleeson would definitely frustrate you to watch.

Now there's a player who is overhyped somewhat.

Who's overhyping him now? He was rightly given plenty praise when he was on form. I don't remember anyone overhyping him in quite some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Waterford management and tactics are inept

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

RMAOK wrote: »
    Waterford haven't used the breeze at all in that first half
    And limerick have it in the second half and if limerick kick on this could be bad for Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Limerick are a strong physical team, but they'll never waste an opportunity to hit the deck in the hope of getting a man sent off

I think if you look back Casey got the edge of Shanahans Hurley. So a very dirty stroke. I'd say theres a fair chance Waterford will be dirty in the second half. I cant see Austin going out of the Munster Championship quietly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And limerick have it in the second half and if limerick kick on this could be bad for Waterford.

That's why I can see Waterford getting beaten out the gate unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The "fairytale"of Waterford playing championship hurling in Walsh Park again appears to have spectacularly backfired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Home late and only saw the last 5 mins of the first half. Thought this would be very close.

Body language of Waterford players looks terrible. Hope they can turn it around in the second half and really make a game of it.

Its happened before so you never know. Its only 6 points at least. An early goal and if the crowd gets going then maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

Home late and only saw the last 5 mins of the first half. Thought this would be very close.

Body language of Waterford players looks terrible. Hope they can turn it around in the second half and really make a game of it.

Its happened before so you never know. Its only 6 pints at least. An early goal and if the crowd gets going then maybe

Body language does indeed look bad. I fear it's already the dying days of Fanning's nascent managerial reign. Whatever about Gleeson being overhyped, Maurice Shanahan seems to be one of these players that get's better the more he doesn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Game over now

• Advertisement

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

The "fairytale"of Waterford playing championship hurling in Walsh Park again appears to have spectacularly backfired.

Not sure if backfired is the correct word here, they were entitled to home games. They're just really crap this year wherever they've played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I think if you look back Casey got the edge of Shanahans Hurley. So a very dirty stroke. I'd say theres a fair chance Waterford will be dirty in the second half. I cant see Austin going out of the Munster Championship quietly

Maybe so, but I didn't make that statement based on that incident alone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Completely different game than the cork match we have so much free space , can't believe waterford wouldn't have looked at that game and tried to at least copy the pressure cork put us under with the short game

Handiest win we'll get this year

Limerick forwards seem to have the freedom of the park to shoot. No pressure being put on yet there seems to be loads of defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

This hurling overload by RTE is ridiculous,ironic to think that we need some live football coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Morrissey was nowhere near the ball there

This hurling overload by RTE is ridiculous,ironic to think that we need some live football coverage.

I don't think I have ever watched a hurling match and said that I need to see a football match now no matter what is happening in the hurling game!!

What goes around comes around Daragh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

For a lanky lad, Hegarty is well able to hurl. In fact, he has had an excellent year, particularly during the National League, and is well on course for an All-Star at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

This is dire. And they complain about the football. At least there's some skill involved in football.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It was only a matter of time before Waterford saw red.

They are a real pity.

Slattsy wrote: »
    This is dire. And they complain about the football. At least there's some skill involved in football.

Do you not see some of the great scores Limerick are getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Lucky it’s only been one red.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Anyone surprised Waterford have had a red card? Players heads are long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

Leinster championship>Munster championship
    Way more compadative games this year
    Waterford should be playing Carlow in a play off to stay up, they are a disgrace

Marty blowing smoke up Limericks hole now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

If Kerry did happen to win the Joe McDonagh Cup, it'd be interesting to see how they'd fare against this Waterford team in a playoff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

citykat wrote: »
    Marty blowing smoke up Limericks hole now

Has he sung Linger yet?

• Advertisement

Hopefully the ref doesn’t add on much if any stoppage time. It won’t help anyone.

Advertisement