Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledwill Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AnaC

mur223 wrote: »
    Hi Ana,

I'm pretty sure the majority of people on this thread have bought on the rise, we were all told Q3 so July/Aug/Sept for finish dates. Work on the rise was the first to start & the green doesn't seem to be as developed as the rise, so I would say go with the October date so your not disappointed. Keep asking for updates though and fingers crossed yours will be ready for August!!

Thanks for the reply.
    I did think the agent fromSherry Fitz was probably overly optimistic with August. October it’s fine for us- So 🤞

What do people think about noise from the motorway? Does that bother you?

I don’t think it’s that bad. Definitely much quieter than other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭g3l8usd9inoptz

I have lived beside a very busy road and my god its horrific. Cant open the window at night, woken up early in the morning with traffic etc. The hum off that motorway wouldnt bother me in the slightest. When they resurface it you wont hear a thing. Pop up to court town park in kilcock, those houses have the motorway running directly behind their back gardens. I bet that's grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Travellog1

I bought on the Green and was told on Tuesday by Sherry Fitz that they were aiming for completion end of Aug beginning of Sept and then snagging would be after that.

Travellog1 wrote: »
    I bought on the Green and was told on Tuesday by Sherry Fitz that they were aiming for completion end of Aug beginning of Sept and then snagging would be after that.

Hopefully. I might check with the builder next time I’ll be around there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭airportgirl83

Will anyone be commuting to Dublin by public transport?

Kilcock Transport Group (look it up on Facebook) was protesting on the bridge tonight complying about trains being overcrowded, buses always late or no shows. They actually share some interesting stories on their page. It looks like the infrastructure does not follow the town expansion and commute seems to be difficult. Suspect it's same problem in Dublin atm, lack of proper planning.

The bus service is dire. the trains are crowded like every other train going in and out of Dublin during the working week. Maynooth is up the road and only 5mins away by car if you need more options.

I do find the train grand to be honest.
    Will anyone be commuting to Dublin by public transport?

Kilcock Transport Group (look it up on Facebook) was protesting on the bridge tonight complying about trains being overcrowded, buses always late or no shows. They actually share some interesting stories on their page. It looks like the infrastructure does not follow the town expansion and commute seems to be difficult. Suspect it's same problem in Dublin atm, lack of proper planning.

The bus service is dire. the trains are crowded like every other train going in and out of Dublin during the working week. Maynooth is up the road and only 5mins away by car if you need more options.

I do find the train grand to be honest.

I know this spring more trains have been introduced on the route from Maynooth so hopefully something will be done if it becomes a problem.

Now, can we talk about flooring. There was this guy from home and garden furnishings there and showed us his offer for Laminate downstairs and carpet on stairs, landing and bedroom plus blinds on 4 windows at ground floor plus first floor and he wants to charge more than 9000€. Is it just me or that’s obscene?!? Plus he couldn’t even tell us what quality were talking about apart from the laminate being Belgian

I’ve been at the show homes today as my parents in law wanted to see them plus my father is law is very knowledgeable when it comes to buildings etc. He was impressed with the quality of the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭mur223

AnaC wrote: »
    I know this spring more trains have been introduced on the route from Maynooth so hopefully something will be done if it becomes a problem.

Now, can we talk about flooring. There was this guy from home and garden furnishings there and showed us his offer for Laminate downstairs and carpet on stairs, landing and bedroom plus blinds on 4 windows at ground floor plus first floor and he wants to charge more than 9000€. Is it just me or that’s obscene?!? Plus he couldn’t even tell us what quality were talking about apart from the laminate being Belgian

I’ve been at the show homes today as my parents in law wanted to see them plus my father is law is very knowledgeable when it comes to buildings etc. He was impressed with the quality of the building.

Yes i thought the price was redicilous in my opinion. my sister recently got her whole house re floored and it was 2500.Her house is the same size as ours. She got all wooden floors down stairs and carpet upstairs too. I cant see how a few blinds/black out blinds would cost the remainder. I took the booklet anyway but wont be going ahead with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MrTea247

Hi guys, myself and my girlfriend were delighted to find this thread. We’ve bought on The Rise too, one of the Sanderling A type 3 bed semi D’s.

We thought the price for floors & blinds was pretty expensive too... glad to see it wasn’t just us!

Would anyone have floor plans/drawings of the Sanderling type A? We’ve asked Sherry Fitz to send them on but still waiting. Our plan was to use the room dimensions from a drawing to get prices for flooring to compare to their price.

• Advertisement

Email the address below and they should send you the proper floor plan with measurements etc

sales.services@glenveagh.ie

MrTea247 wrote: »
    Hi guys, myself and my girlfriend were delighted to find this thread. We’ve bought on The Rise too, one of the Sanderling A type 3 bed semi D’s.

We thought the price for floors & blinds was pretty expensive too... glad to see it wasn’t just us!

Would anyone have floor plans/drawings of the Sanderling type A? We’ve asked Sherry Fitz to send them on but still waiting. Our plan was to use the room dimensions from a drawing to get prices for flooring to compare to their price.
    Go to Kildare county council website, search for planning application (can do it by looking at the map), all documents like site plan, house drawings with measurements are there.

Go to Kildare county council website, search for planning application (can do it by looking at the map), all documents like site plan, house drawings with measurements are there.

I will post the planning reference number here later when I get a chance but you should be able to find it.

That’s the planning permission. We couldn’t find our house in those plans but might help

AnaC wrote: »
    That’s the planning permission. We couldn’t find our house in those plans but might help
    When you go through documents house plans are there. Site plan will give you a house type that you are looking for. Refer that to house drawings which are also there. Planning permision would not be granted without detailed house drawings. I've seen them there, just not at my PC to share atm.

Thanks for all your help guys! been on the Kildare Co. Co. site all morning! There's a tonne of information available there!

Was talking to one of the Glenveagh people at the showhouse yesterday - he was saying August is realistic for houses on The Rise to be finished.

Thanks for all your help guys! been on the Kildare Co. Co. site all morning! There's a tonne of information available there!

Was talking to one of the Glenveagh people at the showhouse yesterday - he was saying August is realistic for houses on The Rise to be finished.

Can anyone send me a direct link to the house plans please? I have been on http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/index.html all morning trying to get the documents up but can't seem to find them.Thanks a mill.

If you go to the main Kildare County Council webpage, click the 'online services' tab, then 'online planning enquiries', then 'online planning enquiry system'.

The planning number is '161345'. Search for that and then when the result comes up click 'View documents'.

Boards wont let me just post a link!

Credit has to go to airportgirl83 and AnaC for all the details! :)

If you go to the main Kildare County Council webpage, click the 'online services' tab, then 'online planning enquiries', then 'online planning enquiry system'.

The planning number is '161345'. Search for that and then when the result comes up click 'View documents'.

Boards wont let me just post a link!

Credit has to go to airportgirl83 and AnaC for all the details! :)

Got it thanks a mill! :)

In relation to the plans online. There were a fair few differences between the house I bought and the one that was submitted to KCC. So just be mindful of that when reviewing those documents. Glenveagh sent me the correct floor plans for mine with the correct dimensions etc.

My house according to Glenveagh will be ready to snag the end of June and should be ready to move into the start of August.

• Advertisement

In relation to the plans online. There were a fair few differences between the house I bought and the one that was submitted to KCC. So just be mindful of that when reviewing those documents. Glenveagh sent me the correct floor plans for mine with the correct dimensions etc.

My house according to Glenveagh will be ready to snag the end of June and should be ready to move into the start of August.

That’s true I found mine but there are some differences. It does give however a rough estimate.
    It’s good to know Glenveagh sent the plans. I was afraid they might not do it as the sales agent kept insisting everything is hand finished and you need to do your own measurements.
    Thanks a lot

That’s true. Glad to hear you got something back from them. I emailed that address but have yet to receive anything back

I was gonna attach an image of what they sent me but they seem to have removed that function to attach photos.

They sent me house plans and garden dimensions.

I really think it's the luck of the draw when it comes to the level of assistance you get from the builder/Estate Agents.

I was gonna attach an image of what they sent me but they seem to have removed that function to attach photos.

They sent me house plans and garden dimensions.

I really think it's the luck of the draw when it comes to the level of assistance you get from the builder/Estate Agents.

I think your right as they replied to me today saying each house is different and I need to wait until the house is ready for snagging! So all they sent me was the brochure that we got online months ago! Will just have to hang tight until then!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

Hi folks. We are hoping to buy on Phase 2. Going on the information that ye might move in in August, just wondering how long ago did ye officially buy off the plans? Trying to set ourselves a timeline here.

I bought off the plans back around the beginning of Feb or so.
    Hi folks. We are hoping to buy on Phase 2. Going on the information that ye might move in in August, just wondering how long ago did ye officially buy off the plans? Trying to set ourselves a timeline here.

Got this from Glenveagh today.

"Your unit is within phase 1 of completion and we hope to call buyers in this phase to snag in July, subject to ESB and water connections which are ongoing. We will call you to snag as soon as we have confirmation of this completion."

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AndreaSoly

We paid the booking deposit early February.

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any details on the kitchen that will be fitted? Namely: will there be a hole cut in the worktop for a Hob? Also what size is the gap left for oven?

We’re looking to buy some appliances but can’t until we know for sure what sizes to buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 edkirl

Hi All, Just wanted to query are my fiancé and I the only ones receiving radio silence in terms of estimated moving dates or dimensions so we can quote flooring/ blinds as those packages being offered by the interior design crowd seemed ridiculously expensive!

We arrived at 11 on launch day for the plan buyers only viewing but found that was not the case at all and anytime we approached Sherry Fitz to ask questions or get more info once they found out we had bought off the plans they did not want to talk to us and were more interested in making sales. I called Sherry Fitz after and got ridiculously vague details about completion and moving in e.g. saying our valuation was right and completion/snagging/moving in would be June (we bought on The Rise 26-37) - However as it is the last day of May I am going to assume that is completely inaccurate.

In terms of dimensions I did look at Kildare CoCo way back and found the plans to be totally different so don't think we can estimate off them.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to see if we were alone in recieving the silent treatment as soon as our deposit and help to buy went through?

Advertisement