Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Water Heater

Options
  • 25-02-2019 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hello,

Would using a 70 litre water heater in attic be sufficient supply for kitchen and bathroom sink and a Saturday night bath?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Wouldn’t be enough for a bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 windbound

_Brian wrote: »
    Wouldn’t be enough for a bath.

Thanks for that. May try something else. I thought I might get away with a 70 litre. Not sure how much an average bath takes. I'd be mixing it with cold water too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

70l is the total capacity.

You get about half the volume at full temp.

But as it’s being filled with cold as the hot is leaving there is mixing and cooling happening as you pour.

So from half onwards it cools gradually to cold at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

A bath is about 200l upwards, depending how deep, big.

For some reason I can't get the Benny Hill song out of my head now.

Thanks Brian and Purgative and Benny for the advice.

• Advertisement

Went with a 100 litre water heater for the bath. Sufficient hot water and working out great.

Advertisement