Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super League and all things European Rugby League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

What are the rules on amount of devices that can stream at one time ? I'm wondering could you go halves with someone...how stringent are they on checking IP addresses on this side of the world...

It was two devices last year, presume that it's still the same.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Was thinking that, was offered it by mate in Leeds but didnt take it up as I wouldn't have got enough use out of it to warrant risking his subscription.

Was thinking that, was offered it by mate in Leeds but didnt take it up as I wouldn't have got enough use out of it to warrant risking his subscription.

Broncos are on the ouRLeague app on the 23rd versus York in the cup, so at least they're on once.

Good away win at Widnes for the Broncos today. Three from three now to start the season.

• Advertisement

Pack looks good tonight with Ava, Prior, Martin back in, but on paper still think Wolves squad is far superior. Hoping to cause an upset though!

Pack looks good tonight with Ava, Prior, Martin back in, but on paper still think Wolves squad is far superior. Hoping to cause an upset though!

Yeah, depends which Warrington turns up, hoping for a good game anyway.

Yeah, depends which Warrington turns up, hoping for a good game anyway.

Thankfully the headless chicken one turned up.

Thankfully the headless chicken one turned up.

They were abysmal.

Another defeat for Wolfpack, though not a great surprise against Saints. Bit of a hammering all the same.

• Advertisement

Another defeat for Wolfpack, though not a great surprise against Saints. Bit of a hammering all the same.

Hopefully they start to pick up points soon

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Broadway Joe

In fariness the Wolfpack have played the top 5 teams from last season and are yet to have a home game. They were competitive in 3 of the 5 games so far, I think they will pick up a win soon enough.

The Super League really handed them a tough opening fixture list, I get the feeling from twitter that not a lot of rival Super League fans want them to do well, perhaps the League doesn't either.

In fariness the Wolfpack have played the top 5 teams from last season and are yet to have a home game. They were competitive in 3 of the 5 games so far, I think they will pick up a win soon enough.

The Super League really handed them a tough opening fixture list, I get the feeling from twitter that not a lot of rival Super League fans want them to do well, perhaps the League doesn't either.

They've nominally already had two home games, just neither of them have been in Canada.
    I'd say the league administration would love them to do well. In fact if they did finish bottom I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they found a way to keep them in Super League. It's all about exposure, and they mean that in a big way for the league. Fans probably find it difficult to warm to a team buying success, but that's the same in all sport.

I think they'll stay up, and hopefully they will, I'm all for expansion, fingers crossed the Broncos get to play them next year, one way or another.

London getting their arse kicked at home to Featherstone Rovers today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Broadway Joe

They've nominally already had two home games, just neither of them have been in Canada.

If the game is not at their home stadium or even in their home country then it's hardly a home game is it? They've had two games at a neutral venue is what has actually happened.

But yeah nitpick at my first post in this forum, can see why it's so deserted now.

If the game is not at their home stadium or even in their home country then it's hardly a home game is it? They've had two games at a neutral venue is what has actually happened.

But yeah nitpick at my first post in this forum, can see why it's so deserted now.

:pac:

Every team gets a number of home games and a number of away games. So factually Toronto have used up two of their home games (regardless of where they were played) so hardly nitpicking, I didn't say anything more or less.

Toronto on the wrong end of another big scoreline at Leeds. Wolfpack or Hull KR look like favourites for the drop at this early stage. Salford no great shakes either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I see there's going to be a second Canadian club joining soon, the Ottawa Aces.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/51803131

I see there's going to be a second Canadian club joining soon, the Ottawa Aces.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/51803131

Yeah, interesting times ahead, especially if New York finish the process of set up next year (though that's been talked about for at least 2 or 3 years).

What will be interesting to see this season is the enthusiasm Toronto will generate when they finally play their first Super League game in Canada. Particularly as they steamrollered most teams last year, and obviously finding it a very different proposition this year. Not as much fun when you're losing, and more difficult to keep attendances up, top fight or not.

Hope today's game is a cracker...might be last we see for a while!

• Advertisement

Hope today's game is a cracker...might be last we see for a while!

Castleford looked very good. Well worth their win.

Thought I'd celebrate my 7,000th post (on this username) in my favourite forum.

Wigan Warriors have stated they are in the running to save Wigan Athletic. Would be good for the football team and their fans, but the already insufferable Ian Lenagan will be painful if he's promoted to white knight after this. :pac:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/07/wigan-warriors-aim-to-buy-troubled-football-neighbours-wigan-athletic-rugby-league

Clare Balding the new President of the RFL. Good choice imo, always enthusiastic about the game and has a great media platform.

Wolfpack look like they could be calling it quits. Have pulled out of this season's Super League and lot of talk of the club disbanding. It would be a shame, but the big boys in Rugby League have no interest in expansion, they're happier with their own little carve up every year.

Been terrible this evening Leeds

Been terrible this evening Leeds.

Been terrible this evening Leeds.

Good win in the end.

Handley at FB again, fearing another whooping this evening...why compromise two positions is beyond me. Has last week thought any lessons?

NEWMAN

PASS

THE

****ING

BALL

• Advertisement

Too easy for Wigan wasn't it?

Advertisement