Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2019

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Seve OB wrote: »
    Sorry folks I've been up to my eyes with work recently and haven't had a chance to follow up on hotel. As it happens, a lady rang me just before lunch from the hotel, I think she was worried we are a stag party!

Anyway I told her a few of us might stay on the Friday also so she is boxing a few rooms off for us. She has asked me to make a single up front payment which is best all round, saves a lot of hassle, so I will sort that out and I can pass my bank details to you guys for transfers. I need to confirm with her by tomorrow.

So as it stands, this is what I have for rooms. Who is on for Friday? I'll try contact you all individually shortly to confirm as I know you won't always be on boards 24/7. Actually might just do a whats app group to make it easy.

Friday Night Saturday Night
    Seve OB WGC Seve OB WGC
    Benny 79 Brian Rossiter Benny 79 Brian Rossiter
    FixdePitchmark Spacecoyote FixdePitchmark Spacecoyote
    Roadrunner Big Chap
    ThecHamp26 Pakman
    a post punk Ballyk
    Offaly Medic

Cheers Seve. As I mentioned I've a place booked for Friday close to Dooks already. But if there are enough numbers staying in killarney friday night & you're short 1 body to fill a room, I'll cancel my booking. Let me know asap so I can get the cancellation in before deadline

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

CharlieIRL and I have booked Ballyneety for 11:52am on the Sunday after Dooks
    It's an Open so if anyone's travelling back that direction please feel free to jump in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Guesses on how many points will be needed to make the top 10?

Also suggestion that dromoland the day before captains is a counting event for Jug points. But only if I do well, if I don't - then it doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭paulos53

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Guesses on how many points will be needed to make the top 10?

500 points looks like a good target with 8 people having already reached that total. This is what the chasing pack need to reach 500 points:

The Big Easy - Needs a top 9 finish
    princess poppy - Top 8
    OffalyMedic - Top 8
    Rainbow Warrior - Top 7
    Benny79 - Top 6
    Golfhead65 - Top 6
    Brian Rossiter - Top 3
    Macker1 - Top 3
    RoadRunner - Top 3
    Ballyman - Top 3
    WoodyG - Top 2
    Kilth - Top 2
    gypsy79 - Top 2
    FixdePitchmark - Top 2
    SeveOB - Top 2
    doublecross - Win

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭paulos53

slave1 wrote: »
    CharlieIRL and I have booked Ballyneety for 11:52am on the Sunday after Dooks
    It's an Open so if anyone's travelling back that direction please feel free to jump in...

I am away for Dooks but I return home that evening so should be able to play Ballyneety. I will take a look at their timesheet a few days beforehand and will probably join you if there is still a free spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Junior and Intermediate Scratch Cups are on in Ballykisteen on Sunday the 22nd if anyone wants to stop there for a game instead of Ballyneety. Course is always in cracking shape for these events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Interesting. I applied my clubs golfer of the year to our results this season. Thinking it might improve my position.

The points system used by boards doesn’t reward consistency. One win is worth 3 10th place finishes

The system my club uses has 20 for winner and points differential according to how many shots behind winner

It has weaknesses too. Because if someone has a blow away win like OS_Head in esker then points for everyone are considerably lower. I only played 5 events and two were massive wins so very few points in those. So my clubs system definitely favours players with bigger turn out

Same leader by the way!! And just a bit fun

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Interesting. I applied my clubs golfer of the year to our results this season. Thinking it might improve my position.

The points system used by boards doesn’t reward consistency. One win is worth 3 10th place finishes

The system my club uses has 20 for winner and points differential according to how many shots behind winner

It has weaknesses too. Because if someone has a blow away win like OS_Head in esker then points for everyone are considerably lower. I only played 5 events and two were massive wins so very few points in those. So my clubs system definitely favours players with bigger turn out

Same leader by the way!! And just a bit fun

Ah yeah but it's a lot harder to win than coast in around 10th each outing keeping your handicap and you get big cut for winning making it a lot harder to be consistent as you are playing probably a couple of shots worse off

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It was set up a few years ago and based on the fed ex cup points system.

It was set up a few years ago and based on the fed ex cup points system.

Who wins the 15 mill this year¿

• Advertisement

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Who wins the 15 mill this year¿

i notice that the only thank on your post is from slave.
    as he is new to the society this year he probably doesn't realise that instead of getting a crude 15mill the winner of the golfer of the year is honoured to be the one who has to buy everyone drink all night long :)

i notice that the only thank on your post is from slave.
    as he is new to the society this year he probably doesn't realise that instead of getting a crude 15mill the winner of the golfer of the year is honoured to be the one who has to buy everyone drink all night long :)

Think they get the honour of sleeping on a bench rather than in a hotel room too

Looking at the top of the board plus who's accepted to play in dooks (in teamer) There's only 4 people who can win the GOTY.

Slave1 currently pos 1 on 717pts on the table but will have to discard current weakest score of 52pts to improve.
    Golfnut currently pos 2 648 current weakest score is 58pts. A win would give 815 total. 4th place could be enough which would give 725 total.
    bigchap currently 4th on 515pts. A win would give 740 total. (Only has 4 scores to date)
    alanm currently 8th on 500pts. A win would give 725 total. (Only has 4 scores to date)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

Hi guys

Are we still on for the Dromoland open,
    What time, can someone add me back into WhatsApp group

The Champ

ThecHamp26 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Are we still on for the Dromoland open,
    What time, can someone add me back into WhatsApp group

The Champ
    Yep:

Me
    You
    Doublecross
    Benny
    Roadrunner
    Tiger

They'll allow out 4-ball for any late additions.

Tee times 2.30 & 2.40

Well here it is, the final golfer of the year places, a very close run thing in the end

491418.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Well here it is, the final golfer of the year places, a very close run thing in the end

491418.jpg

Fair play Seve. Credit where credit is due, you do an amazing job for the society. Thanks a million.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thanks for a great first year all. Still disgusted i missed Dooks (weather and all), but looking forward to next year.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Fair play Seve. Credit where credit is due, you do an amazing job for the society. Thanks a million.

my pleasure Charlie, yiz are a decent bunch of lads and lassies so make it all worthwhile. you put the shifts in yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rainbow Warrior

I just want to say thanks to Benny and Committee for all the organising you have done over the past year. I have thoroughly enjoyed the company and selection of courses. Shame I could't make the last 2 outings but I hope to join up next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭benny79

Folks

Can everyone in the top 12 let me know if you cant play in the Jug ASAP. I know Slave1 & The Big Easy cant as they are away unfortunately. As we have to put the team together.

Regards

Benny

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

benny79 wrote: »
    Folks

Can everyone in the top 12 let me know if you cant play in the Jug ASAP. I know Slave1 & The Big Easy cant as they are away unfortunately. As we have to put the team together.

Regards

Benny

Good to go Benny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Im Good

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

I’m in.

Bring it on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

I can't make it, sorry gotta work.
    benny79 wrote: »
    Folks

Regards

Benny

Advertisement