Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Maybe Tipp have finally found a way of holding onto Liam McCarthy for longer than a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

All the matter to kilkenny folk, he wont be going anywhere near noreside for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    All the matter to kilkenny folk, he wont be going anywhere near noreside for a long time.

Salty ….

#1InaRow

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

minty81 wrote: »
    Maybe Tipp have finally found a way of holding onto Liam McCarthy for longer than a year

Marvellous..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Rebelside

greenspurs wrote: »
    Salty ….

#1InaRow

I thought they had done 2 in a row over KK since KK last won an All Ireland? 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

If you count that two all Irelands in a row what about 2011, 2014 all Irelands we beat them in also beat them embarresed them all Ireland sem final 2012, 2013, knocked them out of the championship. On another note will the Tipperary team have to self isolate when they come back from there training camp .

Dont talk about embarrassments when we have beaten ye in 2 all ire-ands by 14 points. Come back to me when ye have beaten us in 12 championship finals.

wow! All the butt hurt Stonethrowers in here , upset after a very funny JOKE …

Jeez lads lighten up will yee !!

Not a bit upset, am i not allowed to reply when a joke is made? Fred daly mentioned embarrassments not me, some of ye have short memories here just reminding ye of a few facts. Anyway off before i get reported and banned again. Quick to report in this thread i wonder why. The truth hurts.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Not a bit upset, am i not allowed to reply when a joke is made? Fred daly mentioned embarrassments not me, some of ye have short memories here just reminding ye of a few facts. Anyway off before i get reported and banned again. Quick to report in this thread i wonder why. The truth hurts.

Can you report passive aggressive?
    The more you protest, the more it sounds like bitterness.

You want a fact … ?
    36 V 28 .

• Advertisement

Lar Corbett was a major embarrassment in that 2012 all Ireland semi final, where would you put Padraig Maher a cork ref hadn't the balls to discipline him in the same match for what he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Day 1 cabin fever getting to lads already

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭bamayang

Club games likely to go ahead in April do ya reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

bamayang wrote: »

Not a hope.lads with no training expected to play for club .expect a shortened championship when we get back.this could run for a few weeks European championship being pushed to next year so doesn't look like a quick fix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

bamayang wrote: »

April 2021 I’d say

Fred Daly wrote: »
    Lar Corbett was a major embarrassment in that 2012 all Ireland semi final, where would you put Padraig Maher a cork ref hadn't the balls to discipline him in the same match for what he did.

I don’t know what that’s got to do with the Tipp lads hammering KK on the 3 AI occasions they won & KK scraping past them on the 3 they won. But refs hadn’t the balls to deal with the tackles on Cian McCarthy or Fraggy either so cool the jets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Ah, ignore button, old friend, old companion! Why did I neglect you for so long? Please forgive me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Grats

Day 1 cabin fever getting to lads already

Get out the old videos from 2000 to 2015, our 11 titles.

Rebelside wrote: »
    I don’t know what that’s got to do with the Tipp lads hammering KK on the 3 AI occasions they won & KK scraping past them on the 3 they won. But refs hadn’t the balls to deal with the tackles on Cian McCarthy or Fraggy either so cool the jets

Did they win something extra for 'hammering" Kilkenny? :confused:

Easy to know the schools are off !

What about Tom Kenny incident with Cha Fitzpatrick.

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Did they win something extra for 'hammering" Kilkenny? :confused:

Easy to know the schools are off !

No they didn’t bar satisfaction maybe, instructive just the same. I’m just jealous!

Use that study time wisely!

Fred Daly wrote: »
    What about Tom Kenny incident with Cha Fitzpatrick.

Or Hickey one with Corcoran? That’s what I mean, pointless

No they didn’t bar satisfaction maybe, instructive just the same. I’m just jealous!

Use that study time wisely!

And why would a cork lad (?) be on here fighting for tipp ?? :rolleyes:
    I know theres nothing happening on the Cork thread, but still .

Maybe Still bitter over 06 ? never recovered since. ;)

Tg4 are going to show some classic hurling games over the sporting famine that we are all going through. They started today with wexford offaly 96 leinster final
    Its amazing the way the game has completely changed over the years .complete catch and hit as far as you can.their were some savage games in leinster hurling in the 90 s.kilkenny v wexford. And kilkenny v offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Tg4 are going to show some classic hurling games over the sporting famine that we are all going through. They started today with wexford offaly 96 leinster final
    Its amazing the way the game has completely changed over the years .complete catch and hit as far as you can.their were some savage games in leinster hurling in the 90 s.kilkenny v wexford. And kilkenny v offaly.

Some great ground and overhead hurling in the 96 game. Pity thats lost but one can understand why too.

That was a great match Offaly V Wexford 1996 end to end stuff, the leinster drawn final 1993 was another great game kilkenny equillised the last minute worked up the line by liam Simpson to Adrian Ronan passed it across to Eamonn Morrisey he put it over the bar.

Yes .Morrissey was some tank.dj kicked a goal against wexford maybe the year before from the 21.

Morrissey took a lot of hardship from corner backs did his job but when things went wrong he was always the first to be hauled off. The county board officals were fairly stingy at the time that why he threw in his lot with Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Everyone fully fit (bar A Mullen)
    for the championship, what’d be your team??

E. Murphy
    D. Mullen
    Lawlor
    Wallace
    C. Delaney
    Deegan
    Buckley
    Fogarty
    P. Walsh
    Donnelly
    TJ
    Colin Fennelly
    Billy Ryan
    Wally
    R Hogan

• Advertisement

1984baby wrote: »
    Everyone fully fit (bar A Mullen)
    for the championship, what’d be your team??

E. Murphy
    D. Mullen
    Lawlor
    Wallace
    C. Delaney
    Deegan
    Buckley
    Fogarty
    P. Walsh
    Donnelly
    TJ
    Colin Fennelly
    Billy Ryan
    Wally
    R Hogan

Joey instead of fogarty with Mullen midfield
    Colin will be fullforward
    And could see Wally under pressure for a spot from coady,leahy,mossy.wing forward.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement