Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Any news on Macca? I know he's playing London last this year, anyone any idea whether he's likely to make it over here next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Any news on Macca? I know he's playing London last this year, anyone any idea whether he's likely to make it over here next year?

He's in London, Liverpool and Glasgow in December. Tickets go on sale at 10 in the morning and I'm going to try and get one, don't care for where. He is at the very top of my bucket list by a good stretch.

When did he last play here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

He's in London, Liverpool and Glasgow in December. Tickets go on sale at 10 in the morning and I'm going to try and get one, don't care for where. He is at the very top of my bucket list by a good stretch.

RDS 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Same here. Thank god I followed this thread. Thought I had signed up to his fan site for the pre-sale but I never got an email about it so I missed out. Will be aiming for Glasgow tomorrow morning then.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Same here. Thank god I followed this thread. Thought I had signed up to his fan site for the pre-sale but I never got an email about it so I missed out. Will be aiming for Glasgow tomorrow morning then.

I signed up for the presale myself but it was only for early release tickets and was a lottery.

10.00 am tomorrow, I'm not holding out much hope as I'm sure Ticketbastard will be swamped but you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Bah, won't be travelling abroad for the gigs, the tickets will be pricey enough without flights and accommodation on top. Bastard, come to Ireland you damn Beatle.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Van Halen need to get off their a***s and get back on the road.

I think David Lee Roth did a solo show here once.

It's not just Ireland that is skipped by Van Halen it's all of Europe. They only seem to tour the states and Japan

I'd love too see them but would rather it be with Michael Anthony on the bass rather than Wolfgang. Relations in the band can be hit and miss

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Bah, won't be travelling abroad for the gigs, the tickets will be pricey enough without flights and accommodation on top. Bastard, come to Ireland you damn Beatle.

Flights from Belfast to Glasgow are £50 atm and we've reserved a room for £100. For us that's almost cheaper than a night in Dublin would be so we're happy to pop over to Glasgow. Just need the tickets now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Chvrches:

Ulster Hall, Belfast - 19th February 2019
    Olympia Theatre, Dublin - 21st February 2019

Presales this Wednesday/Thursday, general sale this Friday

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/Chvrches-tickets/artist/1806203

Flights from Belfast to Glasgow are £50 atm and we've reserved a room for £100. For us that's almost cheaper than a night in Dublin would be so we're happy to pop over to Glasgow. Just need the tickets now!

How'd you get on?

I managed to snag one, delighted! £17 service charge is disgusting though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Van Halen need to get off their a***s and get back on the road.

I think David Lee Roth did a solo show here once.

100%

Absolute top of my bucket list.

How'd you get on?

I managed to snag one, delighted! £17 service charge is disgusting though.

No joy. Actually raging with Ticketbastard. 2 of us trying to get them but got nothing. Had 2 in the basket but it kept saying 'Cannot connect to server' when I went to complete the purchase. Furious.

No joy. Actually raging with Ticketbastard. 2 of us trying to get them but got nothing. Had 2 in the basket but it kept saying 'Cannot connect to server' when I went to complete the purchase. Furious.

Ah i dont believe you, thats a cnut.

:mad:

Maybe I got lucky cos I was only looking for 1.

Ah i dont believe you, thats a cnut.

:mad:

Maybe I got lucky cos I was only looking for 1.

Yeah there still seems to be a few single tickets on the site but it'd take the joy out of it if I can't sit with my husband. :mad:

Caved and bought the VIP tickets for Glasgow. £325 per ticket. :(
    If he announces an Irish date I'm actually gonna lose my mind. Will keep an eye on this thread just in case.

Caved and bought the VIP tickets for Glasgow. £325 per ticket. :(
    If he announces an Irish date I'm actually gonna lose my mind. Will keep an eye on this thread just in case.

He's announced other dates in Europe - Krakow and Vienna so far - in December too so it's possible he'll announce for over here at some stage. I don't care though, if he plays here I'll go to it too and bring my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭julyjane

I was at Feis Liverpool last Saturday week and they confirmed there will be another one next year. No dates or acts yet but it was a great show (apart from the usual long queues for beer, food and toilets) I would go again, they will be post Brexit by then so that might or might not affect things.

Chvrches:

Any idea how to get the presale for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TommyJoe15

Go through their website to buy the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

€35 for standing (+ €5 fees), which is pretty good value these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

No code required.
    Dublin Link
    Belfast link

TommyJoe15 wrote: »
    Go through their website to buy the tickets.
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    No code required.
    Dublin Link
    Belfast link

Got it. Thanks folks. And with an extra special nice feeling coz I don't have to give Ticketbastard my custom. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Chvrches:

Reckon this will sell out fairly quick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

DylanB85 wrote: »

Dublin is the last night of the tour so expect an extra night ,the Friday night ,to be added.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Brian Fallon - The Academy - 27th Feb 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Their latest album is pure pants, they might not be as popular as they once were

• Registered Users Posts: 31,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Got it. Thanks folks. And with an extra special nice feeling coz I don't have to give Ticketbastard my custom. :D
    its still through ticketmaster....or am I missing something.

I got seats :)
    (I have a bad knee!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Brian Fallon - The Academy - 27th Feb 2019

Actually annoyed that this is in the academy, every other show on the tour is all seating in an old church, surely they could have used Christ Church cathedral or St Patrick's for this.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    its still through ticketmaster....or am I missing something.

I got seats :)
    (I have a bad knee!)

Maybe for the Dublin gig you have to go through ticketbasterd but for the Belfast gig you can buy directly from the Ulster Hall. :D

Advertisement