Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What music streaming service do you use?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

Are they not just rebranding it? YouTube something.

I use Play Music, had the trial and it seemed good, but I cancelled after a few months as I wasn't using it enough. Signed back up again when I could pay for it with my phone credit. Use it a lot more now with my Google Home.

Using Play Music also.
    It comes bundled with Android so one less app to worry about.
    Plus I had uploaded a lot of music to it before I subscribed.
    And finally its got an inbuilt feature which identifies music a la Shazam. Handy when I'm out and about and hear something new I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GaniyuTLG

I also have my own independent music on it.

I feel it gives you easy access to music all around the world.
    Plus you can save music and listen offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Karlmch

I use tidal. I think it's great! It's one of the services that pays artists more per play. (Although, that is still pretty low.) It has a 30 day free trial. Only downside is most people use Spotify and when someone shares a song with me I need to look it up on tidal, but that really isn't that much trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Karlmch wrote: »
    I use tidal. I think it's great! It's one of the services that pays artists more per play. (Although, that is still pretty low.) It has a 30 day free trial. Only downside is most people use Spotify and when someone shares a song with me I need to look it up on tidal, but that really isn't that much trouble.

I went back to Spotify. Was on Tidal for ages but the discovery is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Karlmch

The Nal wrote: »
    I went back to Spotify. Was on Tidal for ages but the discovery is crap.

I think that's a fair point. I have noticed that it has been improving. Their new, "Your Mixes" suggestions are great and are tailored to my tastes. Found loads of great music on there. I do think Spotify has the best suggestion feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think that's a fair point. I have noticed that it has been improving. Their new, "Your Mixes" suggestions are great and are tailored to my tastes. Found loads of great music on there. I do think Spotify has the best suggestion feature.

Ah OK didn't know they'd added that. Before it was just JayZs mates popping up!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

How do you find their catalog?

I am considering moving to them now that Google Music is near its end. It integrates with Plex which is a big plus for me, but I keep reading that their catalog is not the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Just migrated from Jriver (local) + Spotify to Roon + Tidal, very happy with the QoL improvements due to local and streaming integration and the quality improvement with Tidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 buser2x

I have spotify, but rarely use it, I LOVED last.fm until sony bought it & stopped the streaming, my main source now is my old iphone converted to an Ipod

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

jester77 wrote:
    I am considering moving to them now that Google Music is near its end. It integrates with Plex which is a big plus for me, but I keep reading that their catalog is not the best.

I subscribe to Google Music and can't recall any problems with the catalog. As far as I know both services have 35 million+ tracks available. The ability to upload your own music to the locker is a decisive feature in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement