Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glastonbury 2019

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Rfrip wrote: »
    I say it every year after watching it from the couch

Defiantly going to try go in the next few years. I’ve never heard a single person say it wasn’t worth it. Loved reading everyone’s reviews here too.

It'll cost you 50 quid in October and then you have 7 months to decide if you want to go or not.

I've been 12 times now, Ill try for tickets every year, and would recommend everyone goes once.

The idea of missing out on tickets and watching from the couch is terrifying to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Rfrip wrote: »
    You missed the killers the next night did you ?

At least The Killers have a bit of spirit about them. It might be middle of the road 'safe' music, but they are fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

The Nal wrote: »
    It'll cost you 50 quid in October and then you have 7 months to decide if you want to go or not.

I've been 12 times now, Ill try for tickets every year, and would recommend everyone goes once.

The idea of missing out on tickets and watching from the couch is terrifying to me.

I say every year after watching it on TV that im going but this year i really am going to try get a ticket for next year,how hard is it to actually get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I say every year after watching it on TV that im going but this year i really am going to try get a ticket for next year,how hard is it to actually get one?

Pot luck. Got one in 30 seconds last year. Other years I haven't even got onto the website and have been lucky in the resale in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Got my own and others tickets in 16 and 17. Got nowhere near this year, my mate bought mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Bradley111 wrote: »
    Banger

The Fontaines D.C. are going to be huge. He has a kind of Ian Curtis thing going on, in a good way. Also good to hear a proper Dublin accent from a Dublin band.

https://youtu.be/hvv3ewYCyIU

Dante7 wrote: »
    The Fontaines D.C. are going to be huge. He has a kind of Ian Curtis thing going on, in a good way. Also good to hear a proper Dublin accent from a Dublin band.

https://youtu.be/hvv3ewYCyIU

They're definitely going places, you'll see them back at Glasto next year with a much higher slot. I was really impressed by their performance in the left field tent, their music isn't for everyone but they have an edge to them that I like. They created a bit of a buzz at the fest, I overheard people mention them on numerous occasions and they packed out everywhere they played.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

jobless wrote: »
    thank you!...

now if we could get the chemical brothers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Ugh, im clearly visible in that. I knew I would be, camera man kept shoving his camera right in my face, completely off me head :pac: and no im not telling ye the timestamp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ugh, im clearly visible in that. I knew I would be, camera man kept shoving his camera right in my face, completely off me head :pac: and no im not telling ye the timestamp.

Ah go on, tell us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭declanleo

On your own? Difficult. If you have a group of 6 trying to get tickets your chances obviously increase. That's how we got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Make sure you buy the water bottle from the Glastonbury website to get the presale code ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Is that true? I can't see any mention of the presale code anywhere? Not forking out £30 unless i'm sure!

No, I'm only messing. Best thing to do is to form a group. Get as many family and friends to try for you as you can and have a go at the coach tickets. They go on sale the Thursday before the general sale.

hankless wrote: »
    Is that true? I can't see any mention of the presale code anywhere? Not forking out £30 unless i'm sure!

You have to register here https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/register

They’ll give you a reg number which you’ll need to buy the tickets.

Yes I'm onboard for the already. But I thought the previous poster was talking about a pre-sale code if you bought some merch.

sorry mate. Didn't mean to get your hopes up or anything. Just a little joke. All the best for ticket day in October

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There have been pre-sales in some years for people to cycle to the site, but don't believe it happened for 2019 and I think you would have had to have cycled the previous year to get in on that.

ryaner777 wrote: »
    sorry mate. Didn't mean to get your hopes up or anything. Just a little joke. All the best for ticket day in October

It's OK. I'm not annoyed. Just disappointed. Bitterly disappointed.

• Advertisement

You really should form a group though! I really wouldn't fancy my chances going solo

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

:)

Advertisement