Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I wonder if Costelloe is fit for next week would they play him and move Nash to wing back? We've been badly hit with injuries to our fb line English then Casey now Costelloe and possibly condon? I'm hearing costelloes and dempseys injuries are only niggly ones but feck it Costelloe could have done with that game yesterday.
    Yesterday's game should stand to us but it was far far from perfect I can see sheedy plotting mainly for our fb line so we need to work like dogs to stop the ball going into their lethal forwards as i feel from 5 onwards we're the better team.

Loads of different ways to look at what suits what and who, will the game stand to Limerick, the weather,Tipps old guard, freshness etc etc etc. Not long before we find out and for whoever is beaten there's nothing to say they wont meet again later in championship

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

sasta le wrote: »
    Did Kyle Hayes go to court yet or it all sorted that he back on the team?
    Well if he is guilty he deserves jail.. surprised John Kieily has him on the team till it's all over

Mod Warning

You have got your answer and the presumption of innocence is the relevant legal principle with a pending court case.

So let's see an end to any further posting re this court case seeking a reaction until post it's completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭billyhead

Do we have a clean bill of health for Sunday? Can't wait for the game. Should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Limerick Senior Hurling Team to play Tipperary in Munster Senior Hurling Championship Semi Final
    in Pairc Ui Caoimh Cork on Sunday 1st. November 2020 at 4pm.
    1. Nicky Quaid (Effin) Nicolas MacUaid
    2. Sean Finn (Bruff) Sean O’Finn
    3. Dan Morrissey (Ahane) Donal O’Muireasa
    4. Barry Nash (South Liberties) Barra De Nais
    5. Diarmaid Byrnes (Patrickswell) Diarmaid O’Brion
    6. Declan Hannon (Adare) Captain Dealgan O’Annain
    7. Darragh O’Donovan (Doon) Darragh O’Donnabhain
    8. Cian Lynch (Patrickswell) Cian O’ Loinsigh
    9. William O’Donoghue (Na Piarsaigh) Liam O’Donnchu
    10. Gearoid Hegarty (St. Patrick’s) Gearoidh O’hEigeartaigh
    11. Kyle Hayes (Kildimo/Pallaskenry) Cathal O’hAodha
    12. Tom Morrissey (Ahane) Tomas O’ Muireasa
    13. Graeme Mulcahy (Kilmallock) Graeme O’Maolchathaigh
    14. Aaron Gillane (Patrickswell) Aaron O’Giollain
    15. Peter Casey (Na Piarsaigh) Peader O’Casthasaigh
    16. Barry Hennessy (Kilmallock) Barra O’ hAonusa
    17. Jerome Boylan (Na Piarsaigh) Jerome O’ Baoillain
    18. Adrian Breen (Na Piarsaigh) Adrian O’Braoin
    19. Ronan Connolly (Adare) Ronan O’Conghaile
    20. David Dempsey (Na Piarsaigh) Daithi O’ Diomsaigh
    21. Seamus Flanagan (Feohanagh-Castlemahon) Seamus O’Flanagain
    22. Robbie Hanley (Kilmallock) Robaird O’ hAinle
    23. Paddy O’Loughlin (Kilmallock) Padraigh O’Lochlann
    24. Brian O’Grady (Kilteely-Dromkeen) Briain O’Grada
    25. David Reidy (Dromin-Athlacca Daithii O’Riada
    26. Pat Ryan (Doon) Padraigh O’Riain
    Team Management
    John Kiely Manager
    Paul Kinnerk Coach
    Alan Cunningham Selector
    Aonghus O’Brien Selector
    Donal O’Grady Selector
    Timmy Houlihan Goalkeeping Coach
    Michael Kiely Strength and Conditioning Coach
    Team Doctor Dr. James Ryan
    Team Physio Mark Melbourne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Alan Dempsey is not not on the team?Great player with his club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,764 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Anyone know what the symbol is thats on the back of the shirts above the number? Where the tracker would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭thesultan

Adare Manor?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,764 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nah, I don't think it is. That's on the front, a fancy A. This looks like a celtic type symbol.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Nah, I don't think it is. That's on the front, a fancy A. This looks like a celtic type symbol.

It is a symbolic thing Caroline Currid brought in I think. Stands for a number of things. Family, work rate, honesty etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,017 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Ya we have seen the Adare manor symbol on the kits already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Alan Dempsey is not not on the team?Great player with his club

Alan Dempsey isn't even in the extended panel im afraid. Great servant for Na Piarsaigh over the years. His brother David came on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭High bike

Worst exhibition of refereeing I've seen in a long time today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭slegs

High bike wrote: »
    Worst exhibition of refereeing I've seen in a long time today

Thought he was very harsh on Limerick in first half. WOD was lucky though. Could easily have been red another day. Noel McGrath also tried to get Hegarty sent off with a second yellow. Our penalty and their goal kind of cancelled each other out as potential swing decisions.

A poor performance by the ref but in the end we probably got a balance on the bad decisions

slegs wrote: »
    Thought he was very harsh on Limerick in first half. WOD was lucky though. Could easily have been red another day. Noel McGrath also tried to get Hegarty sent off with a second yellow. Our penalty and their goal kind of cancelled each other out as potential swing decisions.

A poor performance by the ref but in the end we probably got a balance on the bad decisions
    wouldn't agree with u there I thought he rode Lmk throughout,was Ronan Maher booked in the first half?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

wouldn't agree with u there I thought he rode Lmk throughout,was Ronan Maher booked in the first half?

Can never understand how people bitch and loan about a ref (rode them etc) despite winning by ten plus pts.......watched game as a neutral and thought each side had its fair share of ‘poor decisions’.......there are guys in the Tipp thread saying the same thing..????

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Can never understand how people bitch and loan about a ref (rode them etc) despite winning by ten plus pts.......watched game as a neutral and thought each side had its fair share of ‘poor decisions’.......there are guys in the Tipp thread saying the same thing..????

What about the pick off the ground and throw all in one movement. I thought he wasn't the worst ref. He's better than Paud O Dwyer who would have handled that match disastrously. All the refs are whistle happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

I can never understand how people think that because a team won, supporters of that team cannot discuss the referees performance, bizarre thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

I can never understand how people think that because a team won, supporters of that team cannot discuss the referees performance, bizarre thinking

If you've seen some of his posting recently you'd understand :rolleyes:

BloodyBill wrote: »
    What about the pick off the ground and throw all in one movement. I thought he wasn't the worst ref. He's better than Paud O Dwyer who would have handled that match disastrously. All the refs are whistle happy

It was a blatant pick off the ground and Throw but very easy to spot from the comfort of the arm chair and with slow motion replays......ref on the other hand is out in a storm trying to make a decision in real time with no ‘slow mo’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

We were rode all day wasn't just the goal

The pundits saying our goal shouldn't have been allowed again watch it again hegarty has the hurl smacked out of his hand was fouled well before the take down

• Advertisement

Benny Cake wrote: »
    If you've seen some of his posting recently you'd understand :rolleyes:

Care to elaborate a bit there......?

you were obviously watching a different match to the one I was,a goal disallowed in the first half for a throw that was a good hand pass,2 blatant frees not given in front of the tip goal which ended up frees out,goal for Tipp after a pick off theg round.So yes sorry for moaning when we won as u put it but when a ref is as bad as that lad I wont apologise for calling it

Did rte show any interviews after the game with the managers??? Felt very rushed analysis. One of the biggest games of this year and no real detailed study of the game. Hopefully they go into it in more detail on Sunday Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Great performance if nash and wod cut out the terrible frees we'd have been in great shape, wod specifically needs to improve his technique..... nash probably over keen

Gillane was immense but can be even more clinical

Tom and hegarty were super hannon also

pajoguy wrote: »
    Did rte show any interviews after the game with the managers??? Felt very rushed analysis. One of the biggest games of this year and no real detailed study of the game. Hopefully they go into it in more detail on Sunday Game.

I’d imagine both managers wanted to get back into dressing rooms to get dried and changed rather than giving ‘cliche laden’ interviews to media on the sideline in the middle of a storm

you were obviously watching a different match to the one I was,a goal disallowed in the first half for a throw that was a good hand pass,2 blatant frees not given in front of the tip goal which ended up frees out,goal for Tipp after a pick off theg round.So yes sorry for moaning when we won as u put it but when a ref is as bad as that lad I wont apologise for calling it

You wear limerick blinkers when they are playing I don’t........it’s almost impossible for a county involved in a game to ever admit that a ref Did a good job and didn’t favor one team over the other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Jizique

I’d imagine both managers wanted to get back into dressing rooms to get dried and changed rather than giving ‘cliche laden’ interviews to media on the sideline in the middle of a storm

Thought they couldn’t use the dressing rooms; what can they do about showers after a day like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Jizique wrote: »
    Thought they couldn’t use the dressing rooms; what can they do about showers after a day like that?

They can for inter county

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

Great performance given the weather conditions. I'm just disgusted were not going for 3 in a row while we have the talent and management that are in place.

• Advertisement

They can for inter county

It looked like tipp arrived by bus today. Thought they had to drive seperately?

Advertisement