Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vietnam visa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Anspinc wrote: »
    Hello,

I am applying for a loose leaf visa to the Vietnamese embassy. Can anyone advise of the proof of payment that is required? I am applying online so I don't think a bank draft will suffice. Would a screen shot of online bank payment do the trick? This option seems quite basic.
    Any advice or suggestions?

Many thanks.

If you email them they'll give you full instructions. consular@vietnamembassy.org.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 3 govietnam

my recommendation is the same with Pat 36059, you can apply Vietnam visa on arrival and get approval letter, after that you get your visa at arrival airport

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Elirlandes

Much easier to get visa on arrival. Vietnam Visa Company is the one I use but there are plenty online. Don't pay for the "extra" service... it is just a guy who meets you at the visa desk and takes longer to fill out your form for you than you would yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Elirlandes

Hi !
    Did you sort out your vietnamese visa yet ? I'm heading over in 4 weeks and i live in australia but i have an irish passport. The vietnamese embassy in Ireland says to apply for a "loose leaf visa" which they can send to ireland. But not sure what happens if your applying from Australia !
    Just go for the online thing - for example http://www.vietnamvisacorp.com/ - there are loads more. If you have an Irish passport, you will have no problem this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

Heading to Hanoi for New years and trying to decide on VOA or loose leaf. VOA is half the price but worried about the stories of long queues.... Will the wait be long?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

PATJOE wrote: »
    Heading to Hanoi for New years and trying to decide on VOA or loose leaf. VOA is half the price but worried about the stories of long queues.... Will the wait be long?

The wait is unpredictable. I arrived in Hanoi early August and was waiting for 90 minutes. My friend arrived at the same time the next day and got through in 20. New Year will be busy. In future I'll organise the visa first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Is there a big price difference in the visa on arrival or loose leaf from UK embassy?
    We got them through the embassy, its a very easy process and all through email. Straight through when we landed in Hanoi. I did notice a huge queue for visas when we arrived.

Is there a big price difference in the visa on arrival or loose leaf from UK embassy?
    We got them through the embassy, its a very easy process and all through email. Straight through when we landed in Hanoi. I did notice a huge queue for visas when we arrived.

Roughly €80 versus €40, not worth 90mins wait to me though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

More like 10 mins to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RobY

Hi,

I just applied for and received the loose leaf visa. For proof of payment, I made a PDF of the payment screenshot from my online banking. Was accepted no problem. It was the full summary screen for the payment showing amount and recipient bank details and address.
    Anspinc wrote: »
    Hello,

I am applying for a loose leaf visa to the Vietnamese embassy. Can anyone advise of the proof of payment that is required? I am applying online so I don't think a bank draft will suffice. Would a screen shot of online bank payment do the trick? This option seems quite basic.
    Any advice or suggestions?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Hi All

Thinking of traveling to Hanoi late January and looking at the Visa.

Would I be better going for the Embassy one or the one on arrival

This is the company I was thinking of using ?

https://www.visaonlinevietnam.com/

After all that hassle there is a postal strike in the UK so I will not have my loose leaf Visa on time so I am gonna have to apply for VOA.

What company do ye recommend? I travel on the 29th Dec....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Have used vietnam visa pro for last 5 yrs wit no hassle takes about 2/3 working days and visa ready to collect ya'll be grand, just download everything they give and bring with you, who are ya flying with?

I used
    https://www.vietnam-visa.com
    Quick and efficient.
    They'll do it same day for an extra $10.

Thanks everybody what would Ireland do without Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thereddaly

Hi. I was going to start a new thread but I just ask on this. Has anyone had any problem with these different sites? The price is varying massively and I don't want to have to pay over 100 euro on one website when there is one that works legit for 22euro!. Any first hand experience? I am heading at the end of the month for 3 weeks.

thereddaly wrote: »
    Hi. I was going to start a new thread but I just ask on this. Has anyone had any problem with these different sites? The price is varying massively and I don't want to have to pay over 100 euro on one website when there is one that works legit for 22euro!. Any first hand experience? I am heading at the end of the month for 3 weeks.

I used http://vietnam-visa.com/ in August. It was $21. No issues.

Hi All

Just wondering if someone has ever applied for a Vietnam Visa ? Is the process daunting ? Or would I be better off going to someone like Visa First and pay the extra

Thanks in Advance

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

If you're going in from Phnom Penh, I'd get it the day before you travel from the embassy. US$ 80 and I had it within a couple of hours. Never used any of the online agencies.

Whatever way you decide to do it, have a few extra passport pictures handy before you travel. You'll need minimum 2 for Vietnam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

I was in Cambodia for a week before crossing in to Vietnam and got my visa there.

I got it in the consulate in Sihanoukville and I think I got the visa the same day I applied. Pretty straight forward from what I remember. This was in 2014.

depends how you are getting into vietnam.
    If you are flying in, you just apply in advance for some letter or something, bring it with you, show it at airport, pay a few quid, and then you have it. ( i think you may have to bring photos)
    If you are travelling by road the process is different I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Hi,

I have used these twice while getting a via: www.Vietnam-visa.com

Never had any issues with them and only takes a day or 2. Do it in advance, daves hassle at airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭monty_python

Hi.
    I'm looking for someone to clarify an issue regarding the visa for Vietnam.
    I plan on crossing overland from laos,. From what I've read the evisa and VOA don't work at land boarders. Is my only option to get the visa in Vientiane??
    Or am I missing another option??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I did a land crossing from Laos to Vietnam in August. I applied for my visa in the Vietnam embassy in Luang Prabang. The earlier you do it the cheaper it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭monty_python

How long did it take you to get the visa??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I got a next day one I think, but if you are prepared to wait for 3 days it's cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Fabio

Hi folks,
    Going to Vietnam in a few weeks for a fortnight holiday. Just wondering what people tend to do for visas. Do you go through the embassy in London or do you use one of the online websites or go and have a travel agent sort it out?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Fabio wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Going to Vietnam in a few weeks for a fortnight holiday. Just wondering what people tend to do for visas. Do you go through the embassy in London or do you use one of the online websites or go and have a travel agent sort it out?
    Thanks!

When I went a few years ago, got visa from London

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement