Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland to play Test Cricket in 2018?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Called off for the day according to Cricinfo. Shame for all concerned just as the sun has just come out!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I left at 12, with the hope, but certainly little expectation, it may clear up later

When I was driving through North County Dublin though the roads were completely dry. Looks like it had been fair most of the morning. Quite different now though

Anyway, I have my souvenir ticket together with the stamp proving I left the place to get framed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

There's a game of Cricket going in the Green in Malahide if anyone needs a fix, looks like they are using an umbrella for a bat and a bag for the wicket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Called off for the day according to Cricinfo. Shame for all concerned just as the sun has just come out!!

Cleared up in Wexford at 2.30. Sun was splitting the stones for last hour or so :) Shower now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Grand, I've my ticket for tomorrow, nice to be able to go into the town for some proper drinks if there's a significant break.

Bleedin lager :rolleyes:

There was definitely pints of stout being drank in the vicinity of the second beer tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Has turned in to a fairly nice evening in Dublin. I'd say Cricket Ireland would have been fairly keen to get even a few minutes play in, given their refund policy and the amount they are apparently losing over these games this summer.

In spite of the bad weather the mood inside wasn't too bad considering. There was a few people playing mini cricket in the public areas, the two bars and live bands were well fraternised and people were making the most of it. The food concessions were cursing it as were the stewards and security staff but they'll have two more good days, touch wood.

And for those who are going tomorrow, the food options are fairly decent. There is an ethnic outlet, vans that are selling only ice creams and tea and coffee and sweets, pulled pork, decent sausages, wood fired pizza, sangiges and hipster burgers. If you want more or something a plate then there's a Supervalu, Mace, several pubs and lots of cafes in Malahide; many of them will be open for breakfasts as well.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I There is an ethnic outlet, vans that are selling only tea and coffee and sweets, pulled pork, decent sausages, wood fired pizza, sangiges and hipster burgers.
    You forget the 2 ice cream vans....

Beasty wrote: »
    You forget the 2 ice cream vans....

I don't like ice cream :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

There was definitely pints of stout being drank in the vicinity of the second beer tent.

In the tent at the top end (away from the Pavilion) it was Gibney's own stout. not Guinness.

Bag search - no issue with size, but they did take my 4 cans of Coke zero off me. I took them back and passed them out to the lads I knew working on the gate.

Tickets - refunds are being issued. You'll get it from Ticketmaster if that's where you got them, if you bought at the gate you'll need to return there for a refund.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow, will be there from early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I was driving home and heard the Radio Nova Sports News Reader at 4pm say "There is an inspection at Malahide around now where there are hoping to start play in the Test Match Cricket shortly ..." which was news to me seeing as I was in the ground an hour earlier when they called it off.

Has turned in to a fairly nice evening in Dublin. I'd say Cricket Ireland would have been fairly keen to get even a few minutes play in, given their refund policy and the amount they are apparently losing over these games this summer.
    I would have thought they would have in place some insurance to cover this scenario

I would have thought they would have in place some insurance to cover this scenario

Had. Now they have Turkish Air :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Looks positive for a decent amount of play tomorrow. Sunday actually looks great. We'll be getting all of those make-up overs. Should be a long day.

Beautiful morning at the ground. There are some mucky areas in the spectator areas if you are coming.

Ireland won the toss and will bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

What kind of score should they be hoping to restrict them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I've had I pinch myself twice here this morning :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Heisenburg81

FFS - IPL now on Sky Sports and red button facility not available in Ireland.
    No way to watch it now
    Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Wicket :-)

• Advertisement

No way to watch it now
    Joke

You think they'd fling it onto Sky Sports Mix?

2nd wicket. Greatest cricket team in the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

No way to watch it now
    Joke

Im watching it on the red button.

2nd wicket gone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

No way to watch it now
    Joke

I dont have sky sports, but was this not advertised as being on Sky Sports for UK and Ireland Viewers!

:mad:

Is it live on any irish radio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Heisenburg81

Im watching it on the red button.

2nd wicket gone

Got it now - Im a dope!

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I dont have sky sports, but was this not advertised as being on Sky Sports for UK and Ireland Viewers!

:mad:

Is it live on any irish radio?

Radio coverage: https://www.guerillacricket.com/
    It'll be on Sky Sports Mix (which is free) Monday & Tuesday (if it goes that long)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

dulpit wrote: »
    Radio coverage: https://www.guerillacricket.com/
    It'll be on Sky Sports Mix (which is free) Monday & Tuesday (if it goes that long)

Thanking you, and just found on my internet radio.

;)

OK I get the 2 wickets, but how many runs? Who's taken the wickets? Who made history with the first ball and indeed first wicket?

I'm relying on you guys for a personal feed :)

What kind of score should they be hoping to restrict them to.

As little as possible :) But I guess anywhere between 2-300 for Pak 1st innings would suit well enough. If they pushed it out to 4-500, we'd be under fair pressure in 1st innings.

• Advertisement

OK I get the 2 wickets, but how many runs? Who's taken the wickets? Who made history with the first ball and indeed first wicket?

I'm relying on you guys for a personal feed :)

Well I'm only following on Cricinfo being in a non Sky land ;) But Murtagh bowled first, Rankin took 1st wicket on last ball of over and then Murtagh struck for lbw on first ball of next.

Advertisement