Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CCTV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

I have a basic CCTV set up. I wanted to add audio so I purchased a powered stand-alone microphone. I can't seem to get it to pick up audio though. It's connected up via power supply, the audio in port and connected to camera via male/female connector. Sorry I don't know the exact names of connections. I view the CCTV via HDMI. Do I need an audio out cable? To go into the TV. If so can anyone post up a link as I'm a bit confused as to what I need. Thanks.

hadepsx wrote: »
    I have a basic CCTV set up. I wanted to add audio so I purchased a powered stand-alone microphone. I can't seem to get it to pick up audio though. It's connected up via power supply, the audio in port and connected to camera via male/female connector. Sorry I don't know the exact names of connections. I view the CCTV via HDMI. Do I need an audio out cable? To go into the TV. If so can anyone post up a link as I'm a bit confused as to what I need. Thanks.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

have you dvr or where is the stream going ? id first try to play it via pc player to see if its even picking up audio.

since in most cases hdmi cable should be able to play video/ sound without need for extra cable, then again unsure what camera is used, since you mention it has plugs for audio in.

scamalert wrote: »
    have you dvr or where is the stream going ? id first try to play it via pc player to see if its even picking up audio.

since in most cases hdmi cable should be able to play video/ sound without need for extra cable, then again unsure what camera is used, since you mention it has plugs for audio in.
    Yes I have DVR. It's a stand alone microphone, that has a cable that fits into the audio in port on the DVR. The cameras just have two connections, one for the video feed and one for the power. I'll try the pc player thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Hi

Planning on a self install of a cctv system

First time in this zone. Being researching for a few days a now

Have a 2 story semi d with drive wide side entrance

For a start thinking of a camera on soffit to cover front garden
    Also want a camera for side of house to look forward up side to front
    And thinking of a camera for under the porch facing out
    Plan on Adding other cameras in the future

Thinking of nvr
    HiWatch by Hikvision NVR-208M-A/8P
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/HiWatch-Hikvision-NVR-208M-8P-Recorder/dp/B0751TSGL7/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1505052941&sr=8-21&keywords=hikvision+8+channel+nvr

Is this a suitable nvr? If I wish to keep recording for a few weeks what size hard drive is recommended

Camera for soffit to cover front garden
    Hikvsion IPC-D140 4mm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hikvsion-IPC-D140-Network-Camera-HiWatch/dp/B074W99WZ8/ref=sr_1_21?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1505054738&sr=1-21&keywords=hiwatch

Any recommendations other cameras for porch camera. Needs to look out about 10 metres

Side of house would want something to see about 20 meters narrow enough view 4 meters wide.

Do I need fitting accessories? Rain covers etc.
    Are rain rain covers
    Any other comments

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Did you purchase this system. I was looking online and mainly at the Annke and Sannce range. Seems to have a good range and decent reviews. I can add in a HDD for eur70

https://www.annkesecurity.com/4mp-security-system/annke-1080p-8ch-hd-poe-security-camera-system-w-4-x-4mp-bullet-cameras-without-hdd.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11 iamfahad82

I am surprised that you are comparing Annke security with Hikvision. I don't think there is any comparison between both brand and their product quality. Hikvision products come with a 3-year manufacturer. HiWatch by Hikvision designed for small-to-medium-sized enterprise, HiWatch products are cost-effective, ease of use, ease of installation, and benefit users with high-quality monitoring.

Hi I didn't purchase anything yet

got a bit spooked as Hikvision have stopped officially selling end users and want to focus installers only. This was only announced in the last month or so.

Thinking about a Dahua system now but quiet expensive. any opinions?

Yes, i heard about new Hikvision polices but still you are able to buy Hikvision HiWatch. Dahua is a good brand but I love Hikvision products using from a long time. No issues, No complaints very friendly mobile apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

Anyone recommend a system with good quality dome cameras for both inside and outside.
    Record to HD and get the usual notifications to mobile, can view on app etc

• Advertisement

dendof wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a system with good quality dome cameras for both inside and outside.
    Record to HD and get the usual notifications to mobile, can view on app etc

How many cameras are you looking and whats your budget? which cables your prefer, CAT5 or RG59.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

iamfahad82 wrote: »
    How many cameras are you looking and whats your budget? which cables your prefer, CAT5 or RG59.

Maybe 3 outside with 2 inside. Would maybe like 8 channels so can add to in future. Never even thought of cable difference. I'd guess cat5 are better? Budget €5-700.

CAT5 if IP CCTV and RG59 are HD CCTV What I will recommend is go for IP CCTV and get Hikvision 5MP CCTV System(Easy IP 3.0) latest technology which comes with 3-year warranty but this will cost about €15-1600.

Hikvision recently releases HiWatch series which are cheaper you can get 4MP IP Cameras with 8 channel nvr within your budget. When you when you buy something in less prices that means you are compromising quality(mostly) and people how used Hikvision Cameras and Nvrs they know HiWatch is Hikvision but low quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

dendof wrote: »
    Maybe 3 outside with 2 inside. Would maybe like 8 channels so can add to in future. Never even thought of cable difference. I'd guess cat5 are better? Budget €5-700.

Try Amazon as you will come across Turbo DVRs for handy enough money. Just make sure you get a HD included. You will find Turbo cameras on it aswell.

Your budget is low for the 8way and the amount of cameras you are looking for as you will also have to take into account the cost of a power supply, cabling etc but you could just buy the two or so cameras and add the others in the future. That will take the sting out of the inital cost.

CCTV Cameras have 2MP IP CCTV Kits and also few 2MP HD CCTV Kits as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

iamfahad82 wrote:
    have 2MP IP CCTV Kits and also few 2MP HD CCTV Kits as well

The only contact number appears to be a mobile. I don't like that.

CCTV Cameras have 2MP IP CCTV Kits and also few 2MP HD CCTV Kits as well

Hi

Is this your business?

deckie27 wrote: »
    Hi

Is this your business?

No that's not my business I brought hikvision 8 channel dvr with 4 cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

kub wrote: »
    The only contact number appears to be a mobile. I don't like that.

I can't see what the problem is with mobile number only . There are many ways to contact him

1. his phone number
    2. his postal address
    3. his email address
    4. twitter @buycctvcamerasi
    5. facebook cctv cameras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

I can't see what the problem is with mobile number only . There are many ways to contact him

1. his phone number 2. his postal address 3. his email address 4. twitter @buycctvcamerasi 5. facebook cctv cameras

And his website is registered with a man called Andrew Roberts . How more transparent does he have to be ?

I am just saying that there is something a lot more professional about a landline telephone number.
    Everything you described above is mobile.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Probably best to link rather than copy the man's details here .

Can you remove personal info that identifies him please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

How more transparent does he have to be ?

A landline phone number.

Without a landline, it just seems like some guy rather than a company. I wouldn't trust them.

Yes that's right that landline look more professional but how many of you saw such a wide range of CCTV kits he or they got everything from home security to large business from low budget to high-end surveillance plus all these are by Hikvision people who used Hikvision they know it comes with 3 years warranty. For me most important thing is i am buying for irish business or person and supporting irish businesses instead of going online on amazon, ebay or alibaba. I have brought cctv from this guy or company whatever you call it and paid through paypal which is secure if something happen you get your money back. I dont want to create much links but there are few things which i really want to share Hikvision, HiWatch by Hikvision, CCTV Kits and last link will be a product page DS-7608NI-K2/8P. i am stun with the varity, amount of information provided on product page, price, quality of images.

Yes that's right that landline look more professional but how many of you saw such a wide range of CCTV kits he or they got everything from home security to large business from low budget to high-end surveillance plus all these are by Hikvision people who used Hikvision they know it comes with 3 years warranty. For me most important thing is i am buying for irish business or person and supporting irish businesses instead of going online on amazon, ebay or alibaba. I have brought cctv from this guy or company whatever you call it and paid through paypal which is secure if something happen you get your money back. I dont want to create much links but there are few things which i really want to share Hikvision, HiWatch by Hikvision, CCTV Kits and last link will be a product page DS-7608NI-K2/8P. i am stun with the varity, amount of information provided on product page, price, quality of images.

I see the same range from everyone, it's nothing unique.

Great for you I prefer to buy for a good price from someone I can trust. I've don't want to pay higher prices to someone untrustworthy just because they may have some connection to Ireland.

I'd never buy from an unknown company that has a crazy fanatic promoting them and trying to force them onto me.

I'm in the market for around 5 cameras and everything else I need to go with it at the moment and I'll probably go with Ubiquity G3. I might have considered getting something from buycctvcameras but the really shady domain name, lack of being an actual company and the fanatical promotion of them put me off.

The prices are ridiculous too. €200 for a 2MP camera, when I can get 5 x 4MP cameras from Ubiquity for $700 (USD)

What sort of scam company advertises a "complete CCTV package" which includes no cables and a drv with no hard drive and is not capable of recording without one. Then if you want to buy a hard drive for a DVR they are charging €300 for a €60-€80 drive.

100% rip-off/scam company
    i am stun with the varity, amount of information provided on product page, price, quality of images.

I am stun by how much somebody could be promoting such a ****ty product and website. If that company was a child it would have a face only a mother could love. It is definitely a company only it's owner could love.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ok guys no more shilling of websites, read the forum and website rules

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Can HikVision 2mp Cameras be plugged straight into any DVR or must it be a HikVision NVR or DVR??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

Can HikVision 2mp Cameras be plugged straight into any DVR or must it be a HikVision NVR or DVR??

All depends on the type of dvr and cameras.
    IP would be for a NVR, HD would need to be a TVI HD dvr.
    Also an IP camera can be added to most of the hik dvrs.
    Some if the newer Cameras have the different options for different type dvrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Anyone know of a system that has wired cameras with night vision, recording to a hard drive, with streaming access and motion detection alerts to a mobile phone app plus speakers to be able to holler at anyone that may need to be given a message? Zoom and tilt/turn on the cameras would also be handy.

Advertisement