Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancake Day and Waffle Day- recipes, preparations and chat

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I just do my pancakes in a pan.
    It's a pancake, like. :pac:

QaLjz3d.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Jude13

As my body is useless and can't deal with normal flour we will be making banana pancakes with Tapioca flour. They are very nice, not as good as I remember as a young kid though. I think they may have to wait till tomorrow as I will be home very late tonight.

^^Class. I am thinking I will try that but will end up messing it up and just gorging on them. Good idea for Christmas morning though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    ^^Class. I am thinking I will try that but will end up messing it up and just gorging on them. Good idea for Christmas morning though

Perfect for any of the mornings over the Christmas season! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

iguana wrote: »
    Can't believe there is only 20 days in between pancake day and waffle day this year! What a month!

The weight loss thread might be in trouble this month :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Im thinking crushed almonds and maple syrup on my pancakes.

Am hungry now!

Crunchy peanut butter and raspberry jam is my go to topping.

Peanut butter and jam.....are you a yank? That sounds rough. Don't you like pancake Tuesday?

Go to:
    Lemon Sugar

What you really want:
    Nutella

Notions:
    Crushed almonds and organic somethingorother

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

TRS30 wrote: »
    Am hungry now!

Crunchy peanut butter and raspberry jam is my go to topping.

Oh gosh, I love PB but can't imagine it on a pancake. I feel like it would be a cement like texture! :confused:

I had SW pancakes for breakfast with fruit & some skinny syrup (very small amount because it's pure rubbish)

• Advertisement

Peanut butter and jam.....are you a yank? That sounds rough. Don't you like pancake Tuesday?

Go to:
    Lemon Sugar

What you really want:
    Nutella

Notions:
    Crushed almonds and organic somethingorother

Nope, Irish born and breed.
    CheerLouth wrote: »
    Oh gosh, I love PB but can't imagine it on a pancake. I feel like it would be a cement like texture! :confused:

I had SW pancakes for breakfast with fruit & some skinny syrup (very small amount because it's pure rubbish)

If you put it on when the pancake is still hot and let it melt it's perfect. Don't have a massive sweet tooth so find syrup, sugar etc a bit sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,094 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Lemon & sugar my normal topping...

Nutella & whipped cream my 'obese setting' topping! yum
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I would usually have lemon and sugar but am having this:

474692.jpeg

I had nutella and whipped cream on my work pancakes this morning, and will make crepe style ones once I'm home, and they will have lemon, sugar and strawberry jam.

Great day altogether. :D

kitten_k wrote: »

474692.jpeg

This might be my new favourite thing, was delicious!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The Lidl crepe maker worked out awesome! Felt fierce professional turning out the pancakes this evening. I’ve got a couple left over, so I was thinking of filling them with bolognese tomorrow and then putting them in a dish with white sauce and cheese, kinda like a cannelloni.

Toots wrote: »
    The Lidl crepe maker worked out awesome! Felt fierce professional turning out the pancakes this evening. I’ve got a couple left over, so I was thinking of filling them with bolognese tomorrow and then putting them in a dish with white sauce and cheese, kinda like a cannelloni.

Guess all the testing paid off :)

Amazing so full. Here’s live pictures of me relaxing on the ground after all of the pancakes.

znkd2f.jpg

I had to go out with a client after work and when I got home the OH had been flat out with the wee one so I just made dinner for th family, no time sadly for pancakes. Maybe at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 10,094 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I had to go out with a client after work and when I got home the OH had been flat out with the wee one so I just made dinner for th family, no time sadly for pancakes. Maybe at the weekend

Same here, by the time we got home from the kids training and had dinner it was too late for pancakes... My weighing scales will hopefully be appreciative.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

re the tragedy of "too late" ...

You can make the batter the night before and leave it in a fridge or cool place: the flavour only improves.

Next evening, just pour!

^^^^

That’s what I do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Day Lewin wrote: »
    re the tragedy of "too late" ...

You can make the batter the night before and leave it in a fridge or cool place: the flavour only improves.

Next evening, just pour!

Plus one for this! This is how I often manage pancakes for breakfast :D

Although sometimes I have actually made the pancakes the night before & then zapped them for 30 secs in the microwave :pac:

kitten_k wrote: »

474692.jpeg

How was it Kitten?

Loughc wrote: »
    How was it Kitten?

It was sooooo good!!! Tastes exactly like the peanut butter cups

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

One of those food videos popped up on my newsfeed of tray baked pancakes. It looked too intriguing to not try sometime soon.

https://www.facebook.com/FoodNetwork/videos/10156185996601727/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/waffles-waffles-waffles?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeedpropertasty&ref=bffbbuzzfeedpropertasty

Saw this and thought of this thread. Things you can cook in your waffle maker. The churros waffles look amazing!

The idea of "potato waffles" are definitely not a new phenomenon in Ireland anyway. :D

Must dig the waffle maker out this bank holiday weekend, start practicing!

Happy waffle day, folks!! :):)

• Advertisement

I just had potatoe waffles - does that count :-p

Advertisement