Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dcost

bermo63 wrote: »
    got a mail back and they are saying that 90% of players in some survey prefer to see one anothers teams so its not for changing,
    yeah got the same , thats it so .. just have to be sneaky !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cakes285

Well that was a good week, 2x 3rd, 5th, 2x 7th should get me a few points ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

not many picked that winner I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bermo63

not many picked that winner I'd say

i certainly didnt bad week 4 me,did leader hang on i wonder

18th best this week and moved up to 277 overall, v.happy with that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Password is Louth. Tournament is the Wells Fargo on the uspga tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 computer

had dufner for a few comps and got rid of him

Well you shouldn't have had him for this comp cause it was the euro tour for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭finlma

computer wrote: »
    had dufner for a few comps and got rid of him

If you had him this week you would have got a big fat 0 anyway. It was the European Tour that counted. Switches back to the US this week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Bobby_Kennedy

Yeah, I haven't bothered to change my team since The Heritage.

Had Dufner, Els, Donald, Davis and Gay on team!!

Great!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

have you been getting tips from bettingzone?, ur old team is almost identical to mine :-)

I fancy Zach to go well this week , very solid this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

definitely going to put a bet on mickelson

donnacha wrote: »
    Webb Simpson for me, the course is on his doorstep, always plays well with local support and its a course that has the emphasis on good putting and he ticks that box.

cakes285 wrote: »
    donnacha wrote: »
    Webb Simpson for me, the course is on his doorstep, always plays well with local support and its a course that has the emphasis on good putting and he ticks that box.
    Just came up short over the last 9 holes, still showed a profit so can't complain, hope a few of u were on Ricky :)

next event has double pts i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

Had Simpson and Westwood and both did well and got best round points so happy enough

Juliet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Should this thread not be available in the fantasy sports arena? Is it possible to get it shown on both? It would increase the following and with the form book as empty as it is, we could do with the advice!

Here's some advice. Stick David Toms in. Lost in a play off here last year, loves the course. Plays well this time of year (finished well last week also)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NigelK56

Hi lads. Bud Cauley is playing in his first Players, but is a local and has played Sawgrass over 100 times. Jason Day is coming off a great finish at Wells Fargo and did really well here last year T6th I think. Zack Johnson is widely tipped as a possible winner, and Ben Crane has 3 top 6 finishes here. I've them all picked, could obviously be horribly wrong though!! Some great e/w odds there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Here's some advice. Stick David Toms in. Lost in a play off here last year, loves the course. Plays well this time of year (finished well last week also)

I'd avoid him tbh, last year wasn't reflective of his overall record there.

David Toms:
    2 (-13) CUT (-1) T-9 (-4) T-32 (+6) T-64 (+4) CUT (+6) T-68 (+8) CUT (+4) CUT (+1) T-19 (Even) T-12 (-4) T-38 (+5) T-20 (+5) CUT (+3) CUT (+9) CUT (+1) CUT (+6) CUT (-1) CUT (+6 )

He was also in much better form last year, we've seen nothing from him this year thusfar.

Interestingly, hot favourite for the event, Rory has played this event twice in 2009 and 2010 and missed both cuts. He didn't play last year, presumably because he's not in love with the course. He's 11/2 with Paddy to miss again - big price imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dcorb

password anyone?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

About 5-6 posts back.

It's Juliet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dcorb

BQQ wrote: »
    About 5-6 posts back.

It's Juliet.

cheers mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

NigelK56 wrote: »
    Hi lads. Bud Cauley is playing in his first Players, but is a local and has played Sawgrass over 100 times. Jason Day is coming off a great finish at Wells Fargo and did really well here last year T6th I think. Zack Johnson is widely tipped as a possible winner, and Ben Crane has 3 top 6 finishes here. I've them all picked, could obviously be horribly wrong though!! Some great e/w odds there too.

I didn't know Bud was a local, has he ever played the course well though? I've played my local course hundreds of times, but you'd never know!!

I never back Day as he is always far too short - good player on his day (is that a pun?), but overrated considering he's won once.

Crane is a good call though.

Others to note are:
    Harrington (some lovely performances here back 7/8 years ago and seems to be starting to find a little form).
    O'Hair, always underrated and could have won here in 07 before taking about 20 on the 17th on the last day.
    Stenson, a previous winner who is also finding form after 2 horrendous years.
    Na, another vastly underrated player who has finished 3rd here, gone a little off the boil since the masters, but still worth a punt at 300 on betfair. Mark Wilson is another at 300+ and again is always underrated, 3 wins since the start of last year can't be sniffed at.
    Cink is another proven winner coming off a 2 year slump with good course form - (500 odd on betfair).

You can't back them all (but you can put 6 in your fantasy team), but if you want somebody to really give you a run then maybe Scott or Garcia, both previous winners and whilst both are a little short in the betting given recent form, you can never rule them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EddieWeddie

Great to see this thread livening up. Thanks for the tip on cauley, local courses are pretty important as per web simpson last week. I reckon this is the one where poulter comes good, he seems to notch it up a bit for the big ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

G-mac for me, he tends to go well around Sawgrass (apart from 79 in closing round last year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NigelK56

Had Simpson backed for Quail Hollow on the basis of him being local, its not gonna work every time but am gonna give it another shot with Cauley! Have Harrington in my team too Glenbhoy, have a good feeling he will do well. Jason Day is underrated in my opinion, a very consistent performer and just hitting his stride this year. I'm sure a player of Cauley's talent has shot low at Sawgrass, and he'll be well up for it on his Players debut. Wilson is in poor form of late but will come good again soon, when is the question. I'm no expert by the way, just throwing my opinion out there!

• Advertisement

I do like backing the locals but Cauley is a bit of a stretch, so not for me. I've left Simpson in after last weeks efforts and added, na, poulter, z Johnson, oosthuizen, mahan. GL whoever u go for.

Advertisement