Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Part-Time Learning are you doing?

• 30-01-2004 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭

Just wondrin'. I'm not doing any so I'll bow out at this point.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I'm doing a diploma in Mechanical Engineering in IT Tallaght. I did my cert there p/t as well, four evenings a week for three years - the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life (not the course content, just the dicipline required to attend each evening). Best thing I ever did though!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The discipline required is one advantage of distance learning over part time, though it works both ways too.
    Some people need the push of having to go to college others are too tired/too lazy or oging to miss something if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Computer Applications in DCU - 3rd year.

Need an idea for a final year project by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,764 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm doing a certificate in managing organisations in the community and voluntary sector in NCI

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

M. Eng in electronic systems in DCU

Nearly finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Starting Media Design in Fas next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Starting my second year in Auctioneering and Estate agency in Sept 04

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MazStar

Dont know if you'll ever read this bingo bongo but i am thinking of doing that course this year. Is it any good? Hard work?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Maz - you can try sending a private message if you don't get a response here. Just click on the posters name and select "Send a private message to..." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hi all, I am trying to get onto an evening network + course, I have rang around a few colleges and I found a course starting in the next 2 weeks or so. My only question is the course fees, when I rang up I was told that I could claim back the tax, anyone know how I can go about this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Check out revenue.ie (http://www.revenue.ie/revguide/sect473a.htm is a good starting point)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Thanks for that it helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

Hey hal1, how are you,

I just reading your thread and im looking to do the same course. What college are you going to for that course?

Can you recommend any to pls or course's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I'm doing an accounting technicians course in Bray. Going well so far but having a little trouble with taxation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cherry2

Just finished my third year in Bus & psychology - was so much harder then 2nd year - so I better make the most of the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

I'm studying Nutritional Therapy in Bray, 2nd year exams next sat...:eek: Very interesting so far but a lot of travel involved as I live in Kerry, but it will be worth it, hopefully, in the end! Good luck to all of ye who are doing exams around now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭aido182

Business Studies Degree in DIT. 12 hours per week, 26 weeks per year for four years. I must be off my head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I am doing year long Diploma in Marketing, PR, Advertising & Sales. This is awarded by ICM, recognised body and am doing it in Dublin Business school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Kamaldihnio

I do not know what I am doing and I do not know what to do either. I work in the technology section of a leading Mobile company in Ireland. To be honest i think all the courses available are crap. I would like to go back and maybe do a computer science diploma but I dont think I will be able for the maths. I have been looking for courses in telecommunications but nightcourses.com has zero, they come back with 8 results that are all about alarm installation. I am even thinking I might do a course in business studies, just can not for the life of me decide which is the best way forward. Any ideas on anything good out there to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I just started a distance learning MBA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Da Wench

Im just starting BA in IPA - first seminar next weekend and I was totally fine with it until I received a giant box of books in the post today and now I'm absolutely bricking it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Recently started a Psychology course with the OU. Hope to have degree in 3/4 years. Am very impressed with the OU so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

I have a degree in accounting & HR already so I am doing my CIMA qualification now. Feels like I am doing it forever!

I also just started a Diploma in child psychology (I think I am contemplating a career change)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Have just applied for the Part time B.A in psychology in DBS already have some psychology done in another college but a few financial probs means i have to try and go down the part time route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Disonyxiated

Just finished my BA international, & am dying to travel,so I'm starting a PGC in TESOL at UCD in January :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

Doing a diploma in Book keeping and Accounts. Started about a month ago, kind of hard to find time to do the assignment with work and all but im managing!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Yve

Have just applied for the Part time B.A in psychology in DBS already have some psychology done in another college but a few financial probs means i have to try and go down the part time route

Have applied to DBS to do H-Dip in Psychoanalytic Studies Part-time..... Fees are crippling :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aleksk

Hey all, I applied for PT psychology in DBS. Decided to change my career, hopefully will make it (4 year BA and then MA or doctorate are going to kill me!: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Doing Evening Law Degree is UL. 3 nights a week for 4 years :eek:

Starting next week. Think I'm mad but sure I'll give it a blast and see how it goes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

PT Psychology in DBS. :)

Advertisement