Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Together Now 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dixon Bainbridge

Does arcadia go on later than when main acts finish or is there music goin on til 3 or 4 like EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yep, goes til about 4 in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Spoiler alert maybe unwarranted but just in case you like to wait until the week of to know the stage time/act/days

Looks like Fontaines have let when they are on stage out of the bag on their IG - Friday night! I really hope they are not bumped up to the main stage after the success of Dogrel, nice medium size tent would be awesome :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I reckon there's a decent chance they get one of the biggest crowds of the weekend. Hope it's a tent but hope there a decent run before them so I can get a decent spot too!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

I reckon there's a decent chance they get one of the biggest crowds of the weekend. Hope it's a tent but hope there a decent run before them so I can get a decent spot too!

I pray to god they will be in a tent but my gut is now saying ATN may be forced to stick them on the main stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I pray to god they will be in a tent but my gut is now saying ATN may be forced to stick them on the main stage

That would be a terrible shame. No matter what successes they achieve, they should spend the rest of their lives playing small to middling tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Yeah it would be a pity but good for them and a good opportunity. Not sure about you guys but I wasn’t overly impressed by the main stage last year, sound seemed to drift away over the adjoining fields...if that makes sense. Not like main stage EP which holds the sound so well imo.

No matter, my excitement for this year is close to boiling over at times. Can’t. Wait. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

Yeah it would be a pity but good for them and a good opportunity. Not sure about you guys but I wasn’t overly impressed by the main stage last year, sound seemed to drift away over the adjoining fields...if that makes sense. Not like main stage EP which holds the sound so well imo.

No matter, my excitement for this year is close to boiling over at times. Can’t. Wait. :cool:

Took them years to refine the sound of main stage at EP, but the last couple of years they've nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Nice one, must give that a listen! With Lisa Hannigan on the new album again and already on the bill, say she will sing on a few songs with them at ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,690 ✭✭✭endainoz

Eod100 wrote:
    Nice one, must give that a listen! With Lisa Hannigan on the new album again and already on the bill, say she will sing on a few songs with them at ATN

Can't wait to see her sing Swan with Stargaze, such a haunting voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

paywall.. :(

I thought this would happen tbh. Same thing with Bestival.

I reckon a downsize; but which fest will get the chop?

Metropolis, Forbidden Fruit or ATN?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I'd be surprised if Metropolis made any kind of profit since its first year or two. Its popularity dipped massively in such a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'd be surprised if Metropolis made any kind of profit since its first year or two. Its popularity dipped massively in such a short space of time.

That was a combination of poor line ups and price hikes vs the 1st year, no fault but their own for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Metropolis, Forbidden Fruit or ATN?

If any were up for the chop you'd have to think it would be in that order

maximoose wrote: »
    If any were up for the chop you'd have to think it would be in that order

Nah, i'd say this order imo, but I don't know costs involved.

ATN, Metropolis, FF.

Can't be cheap running the campsites, having extra security, transports, insurances etc.

I'm sure for these City fests a fair bit could be covered by local councils and available transport options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Stillill42

ATN, Metropolis, FF.

Can't be cheap running the campsites, having extra security, transports, insurances etc.

I'm sure for these City fests a fair bit could be covered by local councils and available transport options.

If that's the case, you'd have to wonder at the logic of introducing ATN as recently as last year. You'd have to think it was to address the cash problems rather than the cause of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

ATN, Metropolis, FF.

It'd be hard to know, I'm sure there's extra costs involved in running an inner city fest too.

ATN also has the highest ticket cost and a far bigger capacity that it sells out so its revenue could more than match the higher costs, whereas FF and Metropolis undersell tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

paywall.. :(

The Article
    Pod Festivals, owner of the Forbidden Fruit and All Together Now music events, is in talks about refinancing its debts after making a loss of €2.85m last year, writes Gavin Daly.
    The company was owned by entertainment entrepreneur John Reynolds, who died in late October last year. His brother James joined the board of Pod in December.
    New accounts show Pod had accumulated losses of €4.5m at the end of 2018. It owed €5.1m to creditors, including almost €1m to trade creditors and more than €384,000 to John Reynolds. The auditors to Pod, Grant Thornton, said its liabilities amounted to “a material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt about the company’s ability to continue as a going concern”.
    Pod’s directors said, however, that its business plan was on track and they expected to make a profit in 2019. Creditors had been supportive and they were “confident of a positive result” in refinancing negotiations.
    “The company is in a phase of its growth in which it is establishing new festivals and this inevitably involves substantial initial investment, which will be realised as festivals mature,” they said.

Forbidden Fruit takes place next weekend at the Royal Hospital in Kilmainham in Dublin. All Together Now is on the August bank holiday weekend at Curraghmore estate in Co Waterford.

Suckit wrote: »
    The Article

I'm not good at understanding finance.

Excluding what John is owed does that mean they're 10.6 million in the red? or 4.5 mill is the amount in the red?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

that's grim - I'm surprised FF doesn't do better. Much better location than Longitude.. line up is usually solid enough.

I never had an appetite for a festival as late in the year as metropolis, and it was also fairly ****e the one time I did go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    that's grim - I'm surprised FF doesn't do better. Much better location than Longitude.. line up is usually solid enough.

I never had an appetite for a festival as late in the year as metropolis, and it was also fairly ****e the one time I did go.

Could also be the budget POD have for FF vs the budget MCD have for Longitude.

Ive been to FF twice and both years really enjoyed myself (went the first year and then the year with Kasabian). Longitude looked promising at the start but they have clearly went for a different demographic the last few years (not saying its a bad thing , just aint my taste). If the weather is nice on Monday i might head up for Elbow

For comparison here's a line up of All Points East on this Sunday. Only Ty X and Julien Baker playing FF too. First aid kit pulled out. If that line up in full or most of it was the Monday of FF I'd be there in a heartbeat. www.allpointseastfestival.com/lineup/sunday-02-june-2019-lineup-information-bon-iver/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

APE were giving away free tickets for that over the weekend, a week in advance, presumably as sales are so low:
    https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/229531-free-ape-tickets-via-o2/

APE were giving away free tickets for that over the weekend, a week in advance, presumably as sales are so low:
    https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/229531-free-ape-tickets-via-o2/

Might have happened anyways if they are a sponsor but saw an article alright about festivals in UK and Europe being sluggish. Just think if Bon Iver was playing here there would be decent amount of interest. Rest of like up is probably bit on niche side to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

So, trade creditors are people like printers and people you buy services from. Creditors would normally include those + investor loans + bank loans or other finance.

They are 5.1 in the hole from my read of this. WHile its not great and a piece on going concern isnt wonderful either, its not totally strange. Depends on how supportive your key creditors are, trade and otherwise. Problem with this kind of thing is that it can make creditors jumpy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I'm not good at understanding finance.

Excluding what John is owed does that mean they're 10.6 million in the red? or 4.5 mill is the amount in the red?

They owe 5.1m to creditors. Less Johns debt, thats c4.7m owed. They presumably have assets to cover these debts otherwise they be insolvent, but those assets arent necessarily realisable e.g. they could say they have goodwill worth €2m built up, but no one would pay them that for it. So it cant be said from the figures alone if they are in the red or not, but the auditors warning is fairly stark.

The accumulated losses are relevant only because they can write them off against future profits. So lets say hypothetically a currently profitable events company took them over, they could reduce their tax bill with this.

In terms of the last years loss, this would be worrying if its a trend, but they probably put a lot into ATN in advance, metrop will probably be axed and ATN should turn a profit this year based on 20k ticket sales.

But tldr; dont expect any surprise new headliners to be announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

Time to get in some sponsors :(

Advertisement