Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasonably priced new wedges

Options
  • 22-05-2019 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Looking to invest in a pair of new wedges but don t have the money to blow on new vokeys or anything like that. Any recomendations for something i can pick up in the 50/70 quid each range

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Looking to invest in a pair of new wedges but don t have the money to blow on new vokeys or anything like that. Any recomendations for something i can pick up in the 50/70 quid each range

Cheers

The Cleveland RTX range are class & should be in that budget range I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Cheers

Not sure what price Ben Hogan are but they do a trial before u buy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Cheers

Have you tried getting your current wedges re-grooved or putting new grips on them for a new lease of life?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

slave1 wrote: »
    Have you tried getting your current wedges re-grooved or putting new grips on them for a new lease of life?

Tbh they are very old and very cheap to begin with. Not a matching pair either. The Cleveland's mention above look decent if a little over budget

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The price of new wedges have gone a bit daft.

?

Is it 150 to 170 for most of them ?

• Advertisement

If you are looking for a good second hand set drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Halpenny are doing the RTX4's for 100 each

MCguirks deals on wedges @ €70 but they might not have the lofts/bounce/shaft you want as they will be clearance
    https://www.mcguirksgolf.com/c/pga-championship-best-offers/2349

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭newport2

I bought 3 Cleveland Rtx's (50, 54 & 58) from this site to try after my current Vokey's get worn. All 3 delivered for €162 (€15 discount per club when you bought 3), less than the price of 1 Vokey wedge. They are very similar to Vokey's.

https://www.onlinegolf.eu/clubs/wedges/cleveland-golf-588-rtx-chrome-wedge-245877.html

These other Cleveland ones are nice too, 2 for €120 with free delivery to Ireland

https://www.onlinegolf.eu/clubs/wedges/cleveland-tour-action-wedge-314286.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm glad looking at those v grooves I bought up a few vokey square grooves when they were end of line

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Cheers

I have a 12 month old 56 deg Vokey. PM if interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You'll get some great deals on wedges on golfbidder.ie, new and almost new for way less than in a bricks & mortar shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

McGuirks have Mizuno wedges on special, lovely club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

GreeBo wrote: »
    You'll get some great deals on wedges on golfbidder.ie, new and almost new for way less than in a bricks & mortar shop.

2nd that, great quality.
    Their idea of a 7/10 is a 9.9/10 with me mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Dbu wrote: »
    2nd that, great quality.
    Their idea of a 7/10 is a 9.9/10 with me mostly

Totally.
    A brand new club will look like their 7-8 after 1 round...possibly other than the grip.
    I got two new in wrappers SM7's for the same price as 1 in McGuirks.

Advertisement