Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heidenfeld Trophy 2018/2019

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Curragh on 35, not 45

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rapidrook181

R10: Elm Mount 2-6 Ballinasloe

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Retd.LoyolaCpt

Inchicore 3-5 Phibsboro
    Celbridge 5.5-2.5 Bray (the game O/S went Bray's way)

Malahide and Enniscorthy finish their match on April 13.

Big game tomorrow is Malahide vs Rathmines

10MP unless stated
    Ballinasloe 47
    Phibsboro 46
    Celebridge 43.5
    Benildus 43.5
    Dun Laoghaire 42
    Rathmines 41 9MP
    Malahide 38.5 8.5MP
    Bray 37.5
    Curragh 35
    Inchicore 34
    Elm Mount 33.5
    Enniscorthy 25.5 9.5MP

Looks like promotion is down to Ballinasloe, Phibsboro, Rathmines and Malahide (Celbridge and Benildus need big scores against top 7 teams which have been incredibly hard to come by in this campaign).

Relegation is equally as interesting with 2 Armstrong regulars in the thick of it. Elm Mount (B) and Curragh are looking to avoid consecutive relegations while Inchicore have been in the Heidenfeld since 2007. Inchicore (playing Ballinasloe) have the trickiest final game with the others playing bottom 5 teams.

It was St Benildus B relegated from the Armstrong last year, not Elm Mount B.

Huge win for Ballinasloe alright. Have to be honest and say I thought they'd fade away over the course of the season, especially when their early good position was skewed by five walkover wins, but they're there on merit now.

Would they strengthen if they went up?

cdeb wrote: »
    It was St Benildus B relegated from the Armstrong last year, not Elm Mount B.

Apologies, I was way off: Elm Mount B were last in the Armstrong in 2014-15.

Ballinasloe have always seemed to struggle with continuity of selection - getting Rory, Denis (over 2000 now), Zalan, Tommy and Keegan would be a huge first step. I would guess they may struggle on the lower boards but I would have said something similar about Blanch this year and they were absolutely fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Rathminor

Malahide 4 Rathmines 4.
    Whilst not the result either team probably wanted, it keeps everything very close behind Ballinasloe for the second promotion spot

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rapidrook181

Any sign of rounds 7+8 going up for rating?

I’m hearing 4-way tie for second with Rathmines going up on Tie-break. Confirmed by LCU site.

They beat Phibsboro and Celbridge and drew with Malahide. Malahide drew with all three. Phibsboro beat Celbridge, lost to Rathmines and drew to Malahide. Celbridge lost two and drew one.

As it stands, it looks like one up, one down for Rathmines; so the Armstrong will be a straight swap of Ballinasloe for Dun Laoghaire

I think it would have gone to game points rather than batch points, so Rathmines on 13 pipped Phibsboro and Malahide on 12.

Extraordinary finish to a great league though. And credit to Ballinasloe too, who I think I wrote off on this thread earlier in the year. Didn't think they had enough to stay on top, but can't argue with winning by 5 points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

Well done to the Rathmines Heidenfeld team!! A great result to grab second place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

Yes indeed; no need for a challenge match in the Armstrong now.

PS: Since when was Ballinasloe in Leinster?

Cavan isn't either.

Also, they play in Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LorcanOToole

PS: Since when was Ballinasloe in Leinster?

Did you find Gonzaga in a map of the UK? :rolleyes:

Advertisement