Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shower problem

• 10-05-2019 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

My shower is going hot then cold it is driving me mad and there’s s noise from the boiler room like a load of bees have got inside it what’s going on ?? Anyone that can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Tank fed shower? Mains fed shower? Electric shower? Power shower? Make & model or a photo would be a big help.

Do you have a combi boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Tank fed shower? Mains fed shower? Electric shower? Power shower? Make & model or a photo would be a big help.

Do you have a combi boiler?

It’s a mains fed shower sorry about the late reply

It’s a mains fed shower sorry about the late reply

What I would like is a pumped electric shower

What I would like is a pumped electric shower

A mains fed shower going hot then cold suggest a restriction of water going through the shower. I'd be looking at blocked shower head, kinked hose, blocked filtering or a reduction in the water flow

A mains fed shower going hot then cold suggest a restriction of water going through the shower. I'd be looking at blocked shower head, kinked hose, blocked filtering or a reduction in the water flow

What shower would be best ?? I’d say that the lime which clogged the shower head could be the cause

• Advertisement

What shower would be best ?? I’d say that the lime which clogged the shower head could be the cause

Triton T90SR is the best pumped electric shower on the market. On the market Three years this June & giving very little trouble. After fitting thousands of these showers we've repaired a tiny handful. By comparison Mira's pumped electric shower the Elite QT are dropping like flies. Their shower is out 3.5 years & we are ripping several out on a weekly basis because they are so troublesome.

Electric shower going hot & cold
    An electric shower going hot & cold means there is a restriction of water going through the shower. This is much more noticeable or extreme in warmer weather. Usually there are three things the homeowner can check and possibly rectify themselves.

Shower head

This is the simplest thing to check. Unscrew the shower head and run the shower without the head. If you can regulate the temperature without the head attached then the issue is with the head itself. If you don’t have a genuine Triton / Mira shower head this could be the problem. If you do have a genuine Triton / Mira shower head then it most likely needs to be descaled. Leave it steeping in white vinegar overnight to descale it.

Hose

It’s possible that the rubber tubing inside the shower hose has collapsed. Unscrew the head from the hose and the hose from the shower. Usually you can see if the tubing has collapsed, if not I would run the shower without the hose or with a different hose to see if the problem has vanished. If it is the hose and it needs replacing I suggest genuine Triton or Mira hoses. These are designed for electric showers and will have the correct diameter hole. If the diameter is too small it will restrict the water again causing it to go hot and cold.

Filter

The last thing to try is the filter. Usually this is inside the shower. Don’t forget the golden rule of making sure that the power is off to the shower before ever removing the cover. Once you are certain the power is off remove the cover and find the filter. We have most installation manuals on the site
    dublinshowerrepair.com
    free to download if you can’t find your own copy. You might need to shut off the water supply to some showers. Remove the filter and clean if necessary. Put the filter back in. On some showers you may need to commission the pump. Again this is simple and is explained in the installation manual. Put the cover on, turn the water on & turn the power on. If you still have the same issue at this stage then most likely your shower is so clogged with limescale that the element or the shower needs replacing.

Most often it’s the shower head causing the problem.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107444837

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Triton T90SR is the best pumped electric shower on the market. On the market Three years this June & giving very little trouble. After fitting thousands of these showers we've repaired a tiny handful. By comparison Mira's pumped electric shower the Elite QT are dropping like flies. Their shower is out 3.5 years & we are ripping several out on a weekly basis because they are so troublesome.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Our aging T90xr is, I think, slowly dying with its random louder noises, so it's good to know that Triton is the best option to replace it with (should theoretically make it easier to change too, expecting fitting placements to be somewhat similar)

Advertisement