Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCU AGM

• 21-04-2019 8:40am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The LCU AGM is coming up in its usual mid-summer time - date TBC but looking like early July.

There's a couple of long-serving committee members who are standing down after a number of years' sterling services. As a result, we'll be looking for a couple of new committee members at it. In particular -

> Divisional Controllers
    > Leagues Controller
    > Junior Officer

Divisional Controller is a straightforward role; really it's only updating the league table (easy now it's computerised) and settling disputes, of which there's maybe one a year. It's non-exec in terms of attending LCU meetings.

The latter two are more substantial roles, best suited to people with an active interest in the specific areas I would say.

However, without people for these roles, the leagues and the large amount of junior events are in jeopardy for next season.

There's obviously a fair few posters on here, and more lurkers. So I'd ask if people could consider volunteering, or spreading the word around their respective clubs ahead of the AGM.

As I say, the alternative is that at present, the leagues and the junior circuit are in jeopardy for next season without fresh volunteers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

Hopefully a change of venue for the City of Dublin tournament will be discussed at the AGM

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Can some clarification on ratings of leagues be given. I don't think there should be any reason only the top 3 leagues are rated throughout the season

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kilmokey

! am sure there will be plenty of Volunteers to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

I propose Tim Harding for the League controller position!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

sodacat11 wrote: »
    I propose Tim Harding for the League controller position!!

No thank you. The Constitution does not allow cruel and unusual punishments.

• Advertisement
Advertisement