Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does anyone buy from "WISH"- ??

Options
  • 06-05-2019 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ever actually bought something from WISH?

The prices seem ridiculously cheap: I browsed just a little and spotted some items that I could use for costume parties and dressing-up, etc.

I have virtually never bought clothing online: there must be a snag: what is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Read the customer reviews on anything you're interested in trying. When you factor in the price of postage it really pushes up the prices though. The stuff is generally pretty poor quality on Wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Looks like you're buying items from other people, like Amazon marketplace or Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Thanks @BuboBubo

I imagine that for costume items the quality wouldn't matter so much: the postage is a serious point, though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Be careful with sizing. A lot of stuff coming from Asia etc is sized for Asian body types. EG a 'large' here would likely be an XXL, etc. I know some folks caught out that way on certain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Its hit or miss with quality similar to Aliexpress but usually a great bargain if you click preferences by 'order' instead of best match when you search. And buy the most popular or reviewed items.

I often order things from aliexpress including clothing if i see good reviews many of the sites and shops we buy from get directly from them anyway.

Like bikinis, swimwear on alot of women's fashion sites are from similar chinese sites etc, i got 4 items of summer clothes for €16 inc delivery and they had great reviews, where as that would've set me back 50 or 60 on a similar site.

As long as you dont expect designer quality work away

• Advertisement
Advertisement