Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Driving me mad today, nearly sure it was called "Burn Still my Heart" and Irish 80s early 90s

Couple of phrases "suddenly I see the thing I lack" "for him and not for me"

Help!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Women without Makeup

What was that RTE Xmas ad sponsoring song?

You know that thing that comes on at the start and end of the TV break? and I think it says something like "Christmas movies on RTE sponsored by whatever". Well I'm wondering what the song played during this thing was?

It sounded like it might have been a version of 'Fly me to the Moon'.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Newtourist

Hi folks! I recently visited Derry and I was at Peader O'Donnell Pub on the december 31st.

There was a musician playing a song that the chor said somethink like "from the northern ireland ..to the western ireland..."

I searched for it in google but no luck

Does anybody has an idea of wich song is? Cause all the people inside the pub was singing it!
    Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Newtourist wrote: »
    Hi folks! I recently visited Derry and I was at Peader O'Donnell Pub on the december 31st.

There was a musician playing a song that the chor said somethink like "from the northern ireland ..to the western ireland..."

I searched for it in google but no luck

Does anybody has an idea of wich song is? Cause all the people inside the pub was singing it!
    Thanks in advance!

Any chance it was a take on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Newtourist

cormie wrote: »
    Any chance it was a take on this?

Oh yeah! It wast this! I missunderstood ireland with "highlands" and "islands"

Think that it was the irish version! Thank you!!
    ://youtu.be/1LS-dDcVo3w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

New Home wrote: »
    Another idea is to take note of the time you hear a song, and then ask the radio station directly.

I have done that, and was ignored.

Yeah, there's a lot of different versions..

Nice live one by Bruce:

And this one by The Waterboys mentions The Aran Islands to the Liffey waters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

aare wrote: »
    Driving me mad today, nearly sure it was called "Burn Still my Heart" and Irish 80s early 90s

Couple of phrases "suddenly I see the thing I lack" "for him and not for me"

Help!

Something Happens! - Burn Clear
    1988 single.
    Also featured on their LP Been There, Seen That, Done That.
    Also included on the soundtrack to The Courier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Long shot but Anyone know the name of the track being played from 3:20 to about 4:00 minutes?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Long shot but Anyone know the name of the track being played from 3:20 to about 4:00 minutes?

“Its a Free World Baby” by REM

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Axwell wrote: »
    “Its a Free World Baby” by REM

Thanks for replying axwell but that's not it, the song I'm talking about actually starts at about 3:10 when there in joey and chandler's apartment .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have you checked the Friends Soundtrack? Its on spotify, when I was searching for the name of the REM song it showed it on tbe album so theres a chance whatever the other song is will be on there too.

Axwell wrote: »
    Have you checked the Friends Soundtrack? Its on spotify, when I was searching for the name of the REM song it showed it on tbe album so theres a chance whatever the other song is will be on there too.

Ya I actually found a list of all the songs that featured in that episode tonight but unfortunately it's not there :( ahh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Ya I actually found a list of all the songs that featured in that episode tonight but unfortunately it's not there :( ahh well.

Probably some generic stock track. Party music 4 maybe? :pac:

Probably some generic stock track. Party music 4 maybe? :pac:

Just some random track put together?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Just some random track put together?

More or less. People make music available specifically for media. This kind of thing...

https://www.audionetwork.com/track/searchkeyword?facets=ProductionGenres_showbiz%20%2F%20entertainment;MusicalStyles_urban;instrumental

• Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Does anyone know the song in this ad? Thanks! https://youtu.be/RNXIA-2q3HQ

• Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song in this ad? Thanks! https://youtu.be/RNXIA-2q3HQ

Answering my own question but it's Ports and song called The Few And Far Between, if anyone is curious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Anybody know what the name of the song played from around 3:50 on in this link is?

Sounds a bit like The Cure or some 1980s/early 1990s indie band, but I can't place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Anybody know what the name of the song played from around 3:50 on in this link is?

Sounds a bit like The Cure or some 1980s/early 1990s indie band, but I can't place it.

The mighty Sisters of Mercy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Ok, this one is going to be a stretch but here goes...I remember being in the cinema in 1997 and I recall one of the ads before the film started had some cool music. It sounded like Portishead but I'm not sure if it was. The lyrics I remember as this "ooh you're such a good boy, bringing in my teeth" and then these crashing guitars. Anyone know of the song?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

No, I should mention it was a female vocalist and she sounded like Beth Gibbons but I can't find any song in their discog afaik. It was definitely a mid 90s song.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,042 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There was an ad around 10 years ago on TV / radio. I think it could have been a Centra / Vodafone type ad, or possibly just a generic Today FM one.

It was a pop-indie rock type song by what I think was an Irish band and as far as I know it is their only known song. I have a feeling it was something like The Vagabonds - Come On.

Can't find it in all my searches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

FitzShane wrote: »
    There was an ad around 10 years ago on TV / radio. I think it could have been a Centra / Vodafone type ad, or possibly just a generic Today FM one.

It was a pop-indie rock type song by what I think was an Irish band and as far as I know it is their only known song. I have a feeling it was something like The Vagabonds - Come On.

Can't find it in all my searches

Without much to go on, might I suggest Sunburst by Picturehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Anyone know the name of the song that's being played on the current RTE Sport GAA ad?

It starts off: "I want it all..." Can't catch any more of it.. :(

job seeker wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the song that's being played on the current RTE Sport GAA ad?

Haven't seen the ad, but any chance it's this?

Haven't seen the ad, but any chance it's this?

No, unfortunately not! I kept getting Queen in my search as well. :( thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

job seeker wrote: »

• Advertisement

Same As wrote: »

Yes! That’s it! Cheers!

Advertisement