Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Axl was terrible singing Slither. The man's voice is gone.

He sang better when he broke his foot, probably doesn't help when he's running about the stage either.

Limit Axl's stage movement = Better vocals :pac:

fin12 wrote: »
    I think it’s more to do with their faces and botched plastic surgery.

Or aging is simply a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Or aging is simply a bitch.

Nah that’s not aging, Mickey rourke absolutely ruined his good looks with plastic surgery. Axl face is so swollen from all the botox.

So Richard has been yapping about a new album AGAIN this time in to the St. Louis Post Dispatch. Can judge his comments for yourselves.
    Slash is on tour right now. Once he gets back from that, we’re gonna get some more recording done and hopefully get an album out soon. And then we’ll get back to touring.

And he said the following in December to a St. Louis radio station in December
    We’re going to try and do another record and get it out soon. I think it will happen faster than you think. I sure hope it happens faster than you think

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Richard has been yapping about a new album AGAIN this time in to the St. Louis Post Dispatch. Can judge his comments for yourselves.

And he said the following in December to a St. Louis radio station in December

At this stage I'm convinced Richard is contractually obliged to comment about a GNR album a set number of times during a calendar year. Unless Axl says something about a future album then no disrespect to Richard fortus, but his word holds about as much weight as DJ Ashba's did(possibly a bit harsh on Richard there) when he was in GNR.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    At this stage I'm convinced Richard is contractually obliged to comment about a GNR album a set number of times during a calendar year. Unless Axl says something about a future album then no disrespect to Richard fortus, but his word holds about as much weight as DJ Ashba's did(possibly a bit harsh on Richard there) when he was in GNR.

I know with Richard, a mine of salt has to be taken whenever he makes these kind of comments, but Slash himself has now spoken and well here's what he's said.
    Axl, Duff, myself and Richard have all talked about... there's material and stuff going on already for a new record. It's just, with Guns N' Roses, you don't go, Oh, there is a plan, and it's gonna be like this, because that's not how it works. So, basically, the only real answer to give is we're hoping to put a new record out, and we'll just see what happens when it happens.

So now that Slash has spoken, I'd take what he says with a bit more weight..

So now Duff McKagan's weighed in on a new Guns N' Roses album. During an appearance on Eddie Trunk's show yesterday, he said the following.
    I heard some new material and there's been some jams going around, and that's the next step for us, for the GN'R thing. Oh, it's real. But the fun part and the cool part about GUNS N' ROSES is we don't really talk about it, and what happens next just happens. It's never been that band that there's a direct schedule of how we do things. I've heard some magnificent stuff that Axl [Rose, vocals] has — really cool stuff he'd been working on. So I'm excited about the possibilities with that, of course. I don't mean to get anybody rabid. [A new GUNS N' ROSES album] will happen when it happens, that's for sure.

The band have their first show of the year as one of the headliners for the Louder Than Life Festival in Louisville, Kentucky in late September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

The band have their first show of the year as one of the headliners for the Louder Than Life Festival in Louisville, Kentucky in late September.

Ok but is Izzy gonna be there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Ok but is Izzy gonna be there :pac:

Here we go again :pac:

https://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-rumored-reunite-izzy-stradlin/

Guns N’ Roses Rumored To Reunite With Izzy Stradlin
    By Brett Buchanan - Apr 6, 2019

On the latest Rock Talk with Mitch Lafon, Lafon asked former Guns N’ Roses manager Alan Niven if Izzy Stradlin could reunite with Guns N’ Roses at the Louder Than Life festival in Louisville, Kentucky later this year. Alternative Nation transcribed Lafon and Niven’s comments.

Lafon asked Niven if Izzy could show up.

Niven said, “Let’s keep this in the realm of pure whimsical speculation, and bare in mind that I hate Las Vegas and I’m not a gambling man.”

Lafon responded, “Speak slowly, because Alternative Nation is currently jotting down the notes. They’ve got their pen and pencil, so don’t go too fast, because we don’t want them to get it wrong.”

Niven added, “Let me repeat, this is purely me sitting with a cup of coffee and a smoke, and maybe my little vape to keep my good nerves in shape. I’m not a betting man as I just said, I’m not a fan of Las Vegas, I think gambling is the most ridiculous human occupation of all, but I would bet and I would gamble on this one. I would lay dollars to donuts that it’s going to be a genuine reunion, and they’re hoping to get Izzy onstage, not just for a soundcheck, but for a performance. I think it’s very much a, ‘Let’s see how it goes, let’s see if Izzy is comfortable, and we can prep up for next year.’ I would definitely put $5 on a winner, winner, winner, that Izzy is going to be there.”

Lafon mentioned the show is not far from Izzy’s hometown in Indiana.

Niven added that Louisville is close to home to Izzy, and could play a role in it.

“I would be amongst the unsurprised if it turned out to be a genuine reunion of some sort.”

Niven said to avoid ‘Velvet Roses Part 2’ Izzy should play the whole show, and Steven Adler should come on for the encore.

He also called Izzy the ‘heart of the soul’ of Guns N’ Roses. He said, “It was always Izzy’s band.”

• Advertisement

I like how Mitch Lafon took a shot at Alternative Nation :pac:

I honestly don’t think Izzy is arsed. He doesn’t like touring and his last experience of axl, slash, and duff together was the UYI tour and that didn’t sound like a great last impression to have. Even when Izzy has played with axl after that it was before Axl found punctuality and decided to go onstage on time. Also, I’d take a truckload of salt with what alan Niven says. He said Izzy sound checked with the band during the last tour “in the Midwest” but decided against it. It’s a bit vague.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/222264-slash-to-record-in-axls-malibu-studio-on-saturday/

Well this is certainly something new and encouraging. BTW the facebook post has since been deleted.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/222264-slash-to-record-in-axls-malibu-studio-on-saturday/

Well this is certainly something new and encouraging. BTW the facebook post has since been deleted.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in that studio. Also somebody jumped the gun when they posted that :pac:

It was two years since GNR played at Slane during the week. It doesn't feel like two years.

It was two years since GNR played at Slane during the week. It doesn't feel like two years.

And there's a new album on the horizon if you've seen any of Slash's recent quotes, such as this below.
    When we finish the tour in the fall, then we will commence on working on wha will be the next Guns record...we've already started working on stuff.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/slash-confirms-he-ll-start-working-on-the-new-guns-n-roses-album-this-september-139201?fbclid=IwAR2jrJdTvVgCk7_yKlVOx6x0RPBCfs2Z89ONKwzIexxOGIBU-3985UisS_8

There have been eight new tour dates announced this autumn in the US on what was the not in this lifetime tour but is becoming the not going to end in this lifetime tour. And if rumours are to be believed it may continue next year in the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Genuine accident, or botched suicide attempt?

God knows

• Advertisement

Right okay then.

It's legitimate. Leaked last night.

It's legitimate. Leaked last night.

That's the Chinese Democracy era band - aka Axl N'Roses

That's the Chinese Democracy era band - aka Axl N'Roses

And it could've been a damn good band, had other circumstances not caused Axl to spin his wheels at the end of the 90's, heading into the new millennium, but hindsight and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

I dunno ... The Axl Rose solo project always seemed too crowded production wise to deserve the band name of Guns n Roses . Even comparing that to the frenzied delivery of Garden of Eden just lacks the clarity presented on the Use your Illusion albums. Will admit I'll always be a Slash ,Duff and Izzy fanboy but they had a knack in presenting a tune regardless of whatever substances ran through their veins.

And it could've been a damn good band, had other circumstances not caused Axl to spin his wheels at the end of the 90's, heading into the new millennium, but hindsight and all that.

Nah. Axl has an ego the size of a planet. It was never going to work

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was at Slane (both times) and the 2nd attempt of a three arena/o2 gig, and the RDS gig, and the axle and friends gigs were snoozefests compared to slanes.

It's possible to be too good a musician, Slash and Duff play dirty rock and thats what makes the band great. Axl surrounded himself with best musicians in the world and couldnever sound as good as the current line up.

I really like the song 'Hard School' (aka 'Jackie Chan, aka Checkmate) that leaked last week. Would love to hear a version with Slash and Duff on it. I wonder if they'll shake up the setlist a bit on their US tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

I really like the song 'Hard School' (aka 'Jackie Chan, aka Checkmate) that leaked last week. Would love to hear a version with Slash and Duff on it. I wonder if they'll shake up the setlist a bit on their US tour?

Here's hoping they do something fresh with that setlist hopefully drop a load of their filler covers as in Layla Black hole sun. Whitica line man and Johnny be goode
    If they wand to do covers bring out Down in the Farm and Ain't It Fun. I'd always tought they'd be ideal to do a cool take on Thin Lizzys Jailbreak well within Axls current range

• Advertisement

Here's hoping they do something fresh with that setlist hopefully drop a load of their filler covers as in Layla Black hole sun. Whitica line man and Johnny be goode
    If they wand to do covers bring out Down in the Farm and Ain't It Fun. I'd always tought they'd be ideal to do a cool take on Thin Lizzys Jailbreak well within Axls current range

Yeah, I could definitely do with less covers. Saw them at Donington last year and they really went to town. It was cool to see them do 'Slither' but 'Wichita Lineman' really sticks in my throat.

Advertisement