Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

Doesnt seem to be any twin pack tickets in South Upper which is odd. (I like South upper, it's usually a bit cheaper but still good views down the pitch)

A poor selection of tickets elsewhere too. Nothing tempting me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭PMC83

Seatmap should appear at 12, 1 hour into sale.

darn, bought already, but good to know! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seatmap is up and lots of extra tickets available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

Seatmap is up and lots of extra tickets available now.

Yup, much better selection on twin packs too. Cheers for the tip...

Although still no South Upper. Curious. Anyways got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Poor enough selection of seats on offer in the presale today.
    I think I will hold off and wait for better seats to be released in the coming months .

Tickets have been on sale to clubs for the past 2 weeks or so, with very little limitations.
    Have heard of a good few clubs who've bought up batches of tickets for mini/youth teams.

Quite likely that there's no tickets held back for future sales

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I never got emailed a link to the presale. Anyone know an email address to contact them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Synode wrote: »
    I never got emailed a link to the presale. Anyone know an email address to contact them

info@irishrugby.ie is the email at the footer of the mail but manager@irishrugby.ie is the address listed for more questions on the supporters club page so id try that first?

blackwhite wrote: »
    Tickets have been on sale to clubs for the past 2 weeks or so, with very little limitations.
    Have heard of a good few clubs who've bought up batches of tickets for mini/youth teams.

Quite likely that there's no tickets held back for future sales

There will be loads of corporate and club returns in a few months ,these will be good seats .
    I doubt the IRFU expect to sell out the matches .

There will be loads of corporate and club returns in a few months ,these will be good seats .
    I doubt the IRFU expect to sell out the matches .

No club returns this time.

Clubs were sent out a presale link to distribute to members. No allocations for these games - club members were able to purchase from ticketmaster directly, with no limit on the number per club

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hard know can see tickets left on vodafone sale but really don't want to pay 70/80 plus fee's for these games. Might take a chance and see if anything cheaper released Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Synode wrote: »

I was wondering myself why I never got the mail...then when I tried last night to log into my Supporters Club account, it told me it was expired. Might yours be expired too?

For what it's worth, jury's out on whether or not to renew.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Duffryman wrote: »
    I was wondering myself why I never got the mail...then when I tried last night to log into my Supporters Club account, it told me it was expired. Might yours be expired too?

For what it's worth, jury's out on whether or not to renew.....

I rang them earlier and they sent on the link. The guy didn't know why I wasn't sent it. I looked and I'm not going to bother getting tickets. They're pricey and the seats left aren't great.

If anyone wants the link PM me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Had already decided not to bother with these games anyway. We've a wedding to go to on the weekend of the Wales match, and the Italy one really doesn't interest me. It's the kind of thing I might go to if I lived in or around Dublin, but it's not worth travelling up to.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Had a look at Wales game, only €80 tickets showing, all up high or in corners, will let this one pass.

eta - actually a pair of €50 came up but in the gods, might work for someone if you change price choice on TM

pc7 wrote: »
    Had a look at Wales game, only €80 tickets showing, all up high or in corners, will let this one pass.

eta - actually a pair of €50 came up but in the gods, might work for someone if you change price choice on TM

They are trying to sell off the worst seats first ,one of Ticketmasters favourite tricks.

Ended up caving and buying a pair, I'll be drinking water in Cardiff this weekend ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Boat from Rosslare cancelled tonight so taking boat from Holyhead instead train at 4am to Cardiff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Just wondering how would one go about getting tickets for the Six Nations game in Twickenham next year? Obviously tickets are hard to get but just wondering is it worth joining the England rugby membership? Do members get access to tickets?

mossy464 wrote: »
    Just wondering how would one go about getting tickets for the Six Nations game in Twickenham next year? Obviously tickets are hard to get but just wondering is it worth joining the England rugby membership? Do members get access to tickets?

If you know anyone involved in an Irish club you’ve probably a better chance that way

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Are you in or have connections to any rugby club here or any of provincial supporters clubs here and if not any friends in England involved in game over there?
    Far better chance than trying rfu supporters club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Are you in or have connections to any rugby club here or any of provincial supporters clubs here and if not any friends in England involved in game over there?
    Far better chance than trying rfu supporters club

Thanks, I have a friend who is heavily involved in a rugby club here and got tickets this year for Wales in Cardiff via his contacts so maybe he is a good bet to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Thanks, I have a friend who is heavily involved in a rugby club here and got tickets this year for Wales in Cardiff via his contacts so maybe he is a good bet to start with.
    Club tickets in general will go to members first but best off trying here before looking to joining a supporters club abroad though best way to get tickets from a club is by actively getting involved/supporting the club through buying lotto tickets, attending games, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

Stick to your friend involved as tickets will come up sparsely but they will come up, Stay away from sites like done deal and adverts as it will be scalpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭stayback

stayback wrote: »
    Hi all since my previous post was taken down as seemingly I mentioned a username on boards and he could be identified from that..

Just becareful when getting tickets scammers are around...

€345 down lesson learnt

Hey all just to give an update got my money back from that person who conned me out of it for tickets.. must say the cooperation between boards the banks and the guards was brilliant result all round..

Fraudsters will be caught

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

stayback wrote: »
    Hey all just to give an update got my money back from that person who conned me out of it for tickets.. must say the cooperation between boards the banks and the guards was brilliant result all round..

Fraudsters will be caught

Proper order. Delighted for you. Wish it didn't happen in the first place but definitely the resolution everyone was hoping for given that it did

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Hi,

I've managed to get tickets to Wales game Sat 7th Sept.

I have only been to Aviva last November for a test game vs Argentina, plus a soccer game (arsenal vs chelsea - borefest!)

I'm a GAA fan first and foremost, but having moved to Dublin about 18 months ago now I'm trying to get into the rugby a little, and my girlfriend is a pretty big ireland fan.

Are there any bad seats in Aviva? I'm guessing it;s same as Croke Park - behind the goals is limited, sky high in upper stands you'll be looking at dots.

The tickets I've managed to get for Wales game are block 104 - lower east stand, 9&10. I've did a bit of looking on seat viewer on google and while they are close to the pitch and low down, should be grand.

The other choices I had were 313 premium level (in the corner) and also Block 525 upper stand row G. All face value.

https://www.avivastadium.ie/getting-here/finding-your-seat https://www.avivastadium.ie/getting-here/finding-your-seat

Thanks in advance to a newbie! Also thinking of giving my local rugby club a try during the winter now in D15. Never played, but I've been out of GAA now for a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've managed to get tickets to Wales game Sat 7th Sept.

I have only been to Aviva last November for a test game vs Argentina, plus a soccer game (arsenal vs chelsea - borefest!)

I'm a GAA fan first and foremost, but having moved to Dublin about 18 months ago now I'm trying to get into the rugby a little, and my girlfriend is a pretty big ireland fan.

Are there any bad seats in Aviva? I'm guessing it;s same as Croke Park - behind the goals is limited, sky high in upper stands you'll be looking at dots.

The tickets I've managed to get for Wales game are block 104 - lower east stand, 9&10. I've did a bit of looking on seat viewer on google and while they are close to the pitch and low down, should be grand.

The other choices I had were 313 premium level (in the corner) and also Block 525 upper stand row G. All face value.

https://www.avivastadium.ie/getting-here/finding-your-seat https://www.avivastadium.ie/getting-here/finding-your-seat

Thanks in advance to a newbie! Also thinking of giving my local rugby club a try during the winter now in D15. Never played, but I've been out of GAA now for a couple of years.

yup i was once in the west stand block 524 i think, top row, might have been row PP, could hardly see the pitch let alone the players, would have much preferred to watch the game in a pub or at home..

Cheers. Gonna go with the 104 and collect them today.

Cheers. Gonna go with the 104 and collect them today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

Whats the best way to get rid of tickets nowadays? I tried adverts and donedeal but the ads were taken down pretty quickly.

Viagogo looks a bit dodgy. Ive paper tickets so I have to deliver them to the buyer? They are for the Wales match on Saturday, so time is short.

I accidently took the insurance cover, but it seems they dont make it easy to get a refund via this route.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement